Frontal Armor of M1 Abrams Series

usually you can 1 shot a abrams doesn’t matter if he has 5 or 6 seconds reload
or you shoot at the lfp and get driver gunner & commander

They are not like ufo ru tanks that tank(lol) side shots like you firing apcr from a 20mm

1 Like

Im feeling helpless at the moment… like regardless of the info we provide……it won’t change anything. People are still buying premium Abrams…… But if we stop trying, then all we have invested(time, money and frustration) will be for nothing……grinding out the USA tech tree for high tier so I can win 1 and every 100 games…

The USA mains deserves it….actually, the USA tech tree needs it.

Or I may just swap to Sweden or Germany 🤑

1 Like

An M1 loader will reload in under 5 seconds in reality.As fir what a T90 dies to an M1 from 50 meters who knows?

and so can leopards challengers etc etc ?
you point is ?

we all know reloads are a soft stat for balancing but giving it 5 sec reload doesn’t change the fact that anyone with more then 2 braincells will pop a abrams in 1 shot …^^

This article alone should be enough evidence to increase armor protection.

How much you may ask? 600 mm KE in the hull. I made up a number. Sounds reasonable to me though.

1 Like

Do we have anyone in this group that currently operates the sep version of the Abrams? I wonder how long the welded portion of the hull is now.

1 Like

there was a guy on tik tok that said he was a abrams crewman, he’s been making videos stating how wrong gaijin is. TikTok - Make Your Day

1 Like

The guy on TikTok is in the forum. His user name is @Dinfire

1 Like

you can always aim for weakspots

while i think abrams shouldn’t get spall liner, having a DU hull would balance things well even if no production models got it. We have tanks in the game that aren’t in service yet (Challenger 3) and tanks that just didn’t exist outside of paper. (ostwind 2) A DU hull would help the abrams a little but it would still have weak spots. Another thing that outright needs to be fixed is APFSDS ricocheting off the upper front plate into the turret ring/breach. It has been wildly shown that APFSDS doesn’t like to turn like that due to the fact that it is a long rod of incredibly dense metal.

i also forgot that even if there is no DU hull, they definitely need to increase armor because of the consistent weight increases with later variants,

im pretty sure they tested it for a few days on the live server but it got removed quickly…

alright but unless it was very unbalanced it might solve atrocious us win rates at top tier

Ive had my v2 and a2 penned right through the center of the cheecks by a darn LeClerc…at long range…also by leo a6, a7…bvm, and t90…its pretty infuriating. In Abrams and Challenger you sweat every incoming shot.

Yes, I play extremely scared in the Abrams. I hate pushing for the objectives(which I do anyways) because I know there’s a high probability my turret ring will get hit and completely take me out of the game. I believe this has a lot to do with the high loss ratio. But idk, I do believe the v2 needs a buff. The cheeks should be impenetrable, but actually they are relatively easy to pen from any angle except straight on.

2 Likes

I’d be careful what you wish for.

Currently, all variants of M1’s glacis plates are fully immune to APFSDS with ≈500mm of penetration, and still largely resistant against APFSDS with 700mm(!) of penetration:

In reality, this shouldn’t be the case and the simplistic 38mm glacis plate of the M1 was already penetrable to shells like 3BM-42:

If Gaijin were to fix this, the M1’s frontal armour would decrease significantly in-game.

On later M1A2 variants there is evidence the ‘upper plate’ was reinforced to 50.1mm thickness. It’s really more of a hull roof extension, if we are to be totally accurate.

Can you share this evidence?

1 Like

I would need to find it again.

Sweden trials is totally outdated

3 Likes