Following the Roadmap: Possible Changes to Ground Vehicle Damage Models

indeed, to make this fair. you would need to implement all the models AT ONCE

1 Like

This part i dont like. but i belive it would be solved with player feedback

This is a valid point. however may i again point you to the main point of my post being it increasing the importance of Teamwork, and making single missions and High risk/High reward thing

But it’s not a realistic game. If it was, Soviet tanks would break down just leaving the spawn. German transmissions would burn up and degrade well before you got to the battle. The amount of transmission problems would be a nightmare. The Yak-141 wouldn’t have any of the equipment it does in game. Any time you fired the guns on the MiG-15s, your engine would shut down since they struggled to figure out how to stop the cannon gas/smoke from going into the engine in take. At best, it’s a hybrid between Call of Duty and Battlefield. But with tanks and planes and the six people who play naval with the 2000 or so bots.

1 Like

Well, i think that autocannons will definitely be a very problematic area, but i also think the devs will simply remove the feature for Vehicles with a high Fire Rate

Edit; i know this sounds illogical, but I do believe autocannons on vehicle such as the Strf series or Bmp-2s, etc. Or any SPAA

I myself don’t think of this game as a realistic game. however this game is in need of better teamwork elements. Since as the game currently is the game is a game where players will push each other into rivers over getting a kill to progress faster. So in my opinion this will be a healthy addition the the game community wise.

None of these improve the essence of teamwork/community in the game. I don’t know how, respectfully, you came to that idea. If you wanted to improvement such, you’d remove the cooldown on chat, improve the functionality of spotting and that communication wheel, and give more points to people to stick together, work together, repair each other, etc than what is currently in game.

Adding extra modules to Western/NATO tanks only, adding a mechanic that impedes your ability to do anything once it happens and it’s not a kill do not “help with teamwork”.

1 Like

This is things I’m very much behind and want to be added to the game, and I genuinely support it. and I want it in the next update but gaijin feels like other things are more important than a healthy community.

I’m against adding “Adding extra modules to Western/NATO tanks only” I think ALL vehicles should get them at once for it to be fair otherwise its not a healthy addition.

And “adding a mechanic that impedes your ability to do anything once it happens” Would help through making you need to Communicate before major pushes and increases the need for communication. This would in return force gaijin to implement better Communication between Teammates.

2 Likes

Decompression, would make for a healthier community.

More dev servers to test these game altering mechanics before haphazardly throwing them into the playerbase and game, would make for a healthier community.

Community managers who actually engaged with the player base, who answered questions and addressed concerns, would be healthier for the community.

Providing more detailed explanations on these proposals changes, clarifying what is affected, what isn’t affected, what is on the radar but isn’t being actively addressed, would be healthier for the community.

None of the proposed mechanics in this devblog, in my opinion, make for a healthier community.

2 Likes

I want more advanced damage models to ALL vehicles. Not just to some. It would be unbalanced otherwise!

2 Likes

More damage models would be nice, but they will have to be released at the same time to be balanced.
One damage type I’d like to see would be damaging optics actually doing something. Reduced FOV, distortion or cracks obscuring the view until repaired. Gunner sights sould be less accurate if damaged. Since optics are already modeled, this wouldn’t take too long to impliment.

Stunning of crew, is interesting and could be implimented if done thoughtfully. But tacky effects like screenshake or sparks should be toggleable. But the effects you mentioned shoud still apply.
I’d also like an effect that would reduce ones ability to hear other players, due to shell impacts/explosions. The tinnitus effect is already in game, but it toggleable, but I think it sould reduce other players noise as the crew in your tank can’t hear them due to tinnitus. So an temporary mute to other players engine noise and gunfire. I think this would make the artillery more tactical as you could use it to mask a flank. Now I feel like its usually used at capture points and as a last resort.

As for the healing of the crew, maybe similar to reloading of ready racks. You have to stay still for a while for the action to start and it would stop healing if you start moving or shooting. But it won’t need to be done in a capture point. If done in a capture point it should be much faster than in “the field”, since that is kinda like a forward base.

3 Likes

Hmm, all of its Valid. Gaijin seems to already struggle to effectively deal with the issues new updates induces rather than fixes.

In my opinion gaijin only adds the absolute bare minimum of what the players need in terms of Teamwork, players that point out features that would go against this i say to you.

“if they were obvious about it would we not notice and demand fixes for such things to be fixed/added”

If im correct they never mentioned they wouldnt do this. they asked us if it was a thing we wanted
Right?

Yes, agreed.

I do not go with assumptions. They may or may not address this, I am pointing out possible problems to this proposed solution. As it stands, even assuming they address high fire rates, stuns mechanics will be a hard no.

As others pointed out, there is a reason why APFSDS is not the best round to use for most light armored vehicles. Adding modules increases the chance your shot will still do something impactful, even if it doesn’t kill it outright.

2 Likes

Yes, but. as most of us agrees with it should only be implemented IF they add it to all vehicles, even if it is just BR ranges. As long as there wouldn’t be just a couple vehicles each update. this would be a feature that would have to happen quick

1 Like

I would use heat if having even one of them in your ammo rack didn’t invalidate your blow out rack.
Also once again, these modules are literally things that would normally be there.

I’m perfectly fine with waiting, as I’m sure some remember how volumetric was abhorrent when it was first added. If they won’t wait, they should add it to lightly armored vehicles first then expand to other tanks, as light vehicles are supposedly the problem attempting to be solved. Feedback is going to be critical once it appears.

1 Like

Solid NO for the stuns. It was HORRIBLE when a certain other tank game added it, making you essentially unable to fight back.

Autocannons would be able to permanently stun players and make them unable to react. Screen shaking and sparks on screen would cause nausea and possibly even epilepsy.

More detailed damage models would be great however, especially for helicopters which sometimes take no damage from missile and gun hits.

indeed, however now every Bmp, other wheeled vehicles with a huge chassis will then cry for justice

[quote=“PercussionCap, post:527, topic:98214”]

Why are you playing a game that causes that? btw if you have epilepsy. DO NOT PLAY ANY SPAAor autocannon, every time you use the cannon you go blind anyway.

Hell, I can apply the same logic people have to helicopters.

“You shot off the tail and the fuselage is black? That’s just your piss poor aim since you couldn’t hit the rotor or pilot. Helicopters are very lightly armored, if you throw a skinny metal dart at aluminum foil, of course it won’t do damage. Adding more modules only rewards poor shots”

2 Likes