Following the Roadmap: Possible Changes to Ground Vehicle Damage Models

A very GAIJIN style approach, players can only do multiple-choice questions based on proposals. My personal choice of 1 and 3, it does not mean that I agree with them, but rather that this plan is relatively acceptable. The specific implementation of one of these plans is the most questionable. My reasons are as follows:

1. The specific duration of such a project is unknown, and all vehicles need to be installed together, or not at all. Batch implementation may seem reasonable, but in reality, it has a negative impact on game balance and data collection, and most players will inevitably choose the vehicle that is the most wheelchair;
  2. This refinement will inevitably increase the computational load, and the impact on the player’s hardware requirements has not been listed;
    Such a huge workload will inevitably bring new bugs.
    I think some effects can refer to the process and results of the actual installation of the lining. The lining further undermines the already fragile balance of the game, not only by implementing it in batches, but also by strengthening some already strong land beasts. Most players do not play the game for the sake of failure, and they will inevitably choose these vehicles for profit and avoid harm, leading to a decrease in the win rate of other series and causing trouble in data extraction. Some advanced vehicles (I don’t think I need to say, as everyone knows) for bike riding and overall changes to game maps only further worsen the situation. From a gaming perspective, I even believe that all proposals are unnecessary, just remove the lining mechanism.
    I think these proposals reflect deeper questions about how GAIJIN positions the game itself with the development of the times. The War Thunder changed its wording to indicate that it pursues realism, but there is a saying that goes, “If you want authenticity, join the army.”. In my opinion, the reason why War Thunder stands out from some games is due to a subtle dynamic balance between entertainment and realism. This balance is not only reflected in the killing mechanism of vehicles in the game content, but also in the lower requirements for professional equipment, making it more user-friendly and easy to expand its audience. From World War II to the Cold War, and then into modern warfare, the continuous growth of the number of players proves these.Players come to play War Thunder dont want to learn how to fly a fighter jet from the cold start, but to experience a dish with a “Realistic” flavor.That is to say, the“ Realistic” of War Thunder is only for entertainment services, and “Realistic” is a means rather than an end. GAIJIN has long demonstrated this feature in specific gameplay content and data adjustments. For some examples, damaged tanks dont need go to the repair station to repair damaged parts,some tanks have improved fire rate.Undoubtedly, adjusting game content based on some decryption files and physical experience is a spirit of craftsmanship, which is highly supported and recognized by players. Many enthusiastic players and community staffs are also active take part in, its a beautiful scenery in the war thunder. However, when some modifications are too focused on Realistic, it will not have any positive impact on the game (the example of the lining above).This kind of example has the same effect as the large-scale diffusion of advanced vehicles, which is not conducive to the long-term development of the game.

You’re putting far too much stock in a single line example of like two things.

The purpose of adding more modules is to give more things to be hit, both to reduce “no armour best armour” shenanigans, and because those things are actually there, and them getting hit should have a detrimental effect.

While the stun mechanic is intended to similarly solve the issue of making a crew member yellow/red (read: massively injuring them with bullets and/or hot shrapnel) without killing them somehow having zero effect on their ability to respond.

These are relevant to all tanks at all tiers.

1 Like

If you are aware of problem of dealing 0 damage even if shot is placed relatively fine, why did you introduce spall liners for example?

I hope Gj dosnt forget the Leopards newer than 2A4 use electrical turret drives. 2PL and Strv121B use those to.

It’s funny because Gj already nerfed them hard before introduction. Pore Spv2 and Sep got hit harder than Leo’s tho

1 Like

we want the game more realistic this is just the thing i want
so do whatever need .

1 Like

No, we dont.

2 Likes

Because Gaijin could introduce a new crew skill called stun resistance and it could work like stamina and G-force resistance but for stunning. The stun would have to exceed a certain cumulative amount (that would go down over time as long as your not getting hit) before you actually get stunned in-game and the better your stun resistance the quicker your cumulative “pre-stun” would go down and the shorter amount of time the stun would last

1 Like

i think that was a good idea but people are against them in second option not reading this devblog, but yes they are going towards into realism in every simulation…

warthunder is known for its real things … i’m not just playing a game and warthunder is not just a game for me… i like it because it simulates many things… more simulation= more realistic= more real experience

if you dont want these things just go play WOT instead warthunder

Majority of people want FUN and FAIR, skill rewarding gameplay, which doesn mean it has to be super realistic. Dozer blades are realistic but no one uses them. Remotely controlled machine guns are not realistic but nobody has problem with that. Wanting strictly just more realism is simply bad idea.

Things that add more random to game are obviously bad

If you are on a situation where a 2S38 is actively penetrating your crew compartment enough to be hitting your crew with each shot… it’s not like stun is going to be making much of a difference.

However, this will help YOU against the 2S38 when you hit it but only its gunner turns yellow.

1 Like

Where is this majority? Majority of players are playing like beermen and demand to make gameplay more randomised

I mean, i dont think its much of a stretch to say from a fun and consistensy of play perspective that stun mechanics are bad.

Now it can be entirely reasonable to add unfun and inconsistent (random) mechanics because one tries to present a certain experience which might be fun to some.

The issue is that outside of sim, stun mechanics just isnt in my opinion the type of gameplay Warthunder tries to offer.

Edit: ultimately Gaijin may present the experience they want to, but they are asking the playerbase for feedback so clearly they want input on the direction of where they game should go

From Reddit:

Another user who voted “no” because they didn’t read only to change their mind when they actually read. Also, good explanation on the 2S38 thing:

IMG_6687

It’s interesting how, even in spite of the dozens of posts demanding people to vote “no” with the hordes of people spreading misinformation and false premises for reading the dev blog… the vote is still 44-56%.

I wonder how the voting would go if people had actually read the dev blog before voting and others had not spend lengths of efforts manipulating and spreading misinformation (while accusing others to do that) in the echo chamber the sub became.

2 Likes

Yes, I hope that every update of WT can free up some attention for fixing ISSUES
Even without any new content, fixing those ISSUES is enough to be exciting

@Stona_WT

1 Like

There are fixes and or suggestions implemented every update… Developers have separate teams for different areas of development…

So… fixes and or suggestions are implemented at the same time that new things are being worked on…

And this should be in a separate thread as it is… since it is off topic!

Its been that way for like a decade now :P

But dont worry, Feedback and the results will both be taken into consideration, Staff also know what to look out for

3 Likes

Didn’t read a word yet.
I bet this will favor the USSR/Russia and hurt others, particularly minor nations.
Will edit my comment once I read it. I wanna see if I’m correct just based on intuition.

EDIT:
Except for healing crew members, every proposal is awful.
The “suddenly changing gun direction” is particularly bad. The proposal of changing every vehicle’s damage model is even worse.
Pouring oil on the floor is simply comical, and even more P2W as players with expert crews will get an unfair advantage (expert crews don’t spill oil on the floor).

I’m sorry but if after 11 years the game was released, Gaijin can’t even fix models of existing vehicles, then I don’t trust Gaijin to somehow double or triple the complexity of every vehicle unless they stop adding vehicles altogether and spend the next 10 years just polishing models, or triple their work force into the 3 digits.

1 Like