F-4B “Shoehorn”: Vanguard of the Phantoms (now with countermeasures!)

An F-111 with Sparrows? Tell me more.

1 Like

Now that the battle rating shift has happened, should I make a new poll on what BR the F-4B should be at? I don’t see any way to edit my original post so I assume I’d have to add the poll in a reply or something.

4 Likes

would love to see it with that livery default. but it would probably be better for it to get the aim-9d stock and aim-9e as a modification.

No, AIM-9E was only used by the Air Force, while AIM-9D was only used by the Navy. 9B → 9D is the only progression that would make sense by service history. Also I personally think the 9D is superior to the 9E.

1 Like

oh wait I got the aim 9c mixed up with the d lol

The AIM-9C was only ever used on the F-8 Crusader, literally no other aircraft ever carried it as far as I’m aware. So unfortunately not something that would be carried by any Phantom variant.

2 Likes

+1 Yes please. Would love the staple Vietnam Navy F-4B at like 10.3. Would be terrific!

3 Likes

But I don’t mind if gaijin considered F-4B as a 3rd event vehicle after A-7K Corsair II or early premium GE between A-6E TRAM and F-4S Phantom II

God please no. That’d be a horrid way to put it into the game, there’s enough premiums available there anyway.
Event I could still take but I’d still prefer it in the tree

I guess first premium GE maybe F-4E Early (before block 48)

Or F-4B probably new event vehicle after A-7K Corsair II

1 Like