Eurofighter Typhoon (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

My apologies. For what ever reason when I clicked to see what your post was a reply was to, it only scrolled up as far as this post

i understand that the USAF doesn’t usually allow F-16Cs to carry Sparrows operationally. Why, I’d guess on the basis that maintaining that capability is not cost-benefit effective.

Currently at work getting buzzed by blackjack Typhoon. Not a bad way to spend the evening

I miss living on RAF bases for this reason. Endless free air shows.

Oooh, yeah thats fun. Just booked tickets for RIAT next year. So shall put some photos on here after that

Will be looking at going again next year.
This years was great, but the weather was spotty.

Went because the Italians & Spanish sen over their harriers.

Very jealous, can only usually aford every other year

Why?

That has been declassified. I know because I’m the person who took that photo at the National Archives.

3 Likes

He don’t like that shows the Su-27 is worse 💀😂

1 Like

The classification hasnt been removed… making it classified even if you took the picture at a place…

thats not how it works

It’s declassified. Let’s not spam up the thread over stuff that’s been discussed and cleared by the forum staff already. Don’t ping Smin in the public thread for that reason either, it tends to attract more attention to the subject which isn’t what they want. PM them in private and ask, don’t stir the pot.

2 Likes

That is not how it works. In the UK classification markings are not removed when a document is sent to the National Archives, because the idea is to preserve a document as it was when it was created, unaltered.

Read the description on the National Archives website: Eurofighter Aircraft: AST 414 equipment and weapons | The National Archives

If it was still classified then me, as a member of the general public, wouldn’t be allowed to walk into the National Archives and read it.

13 Likes

Would the National Archives even have a file on system if it was still classified?

1 Like

Yes there are unopened documents listed on the archive, you can FOIA them to open it. But if its still sensitive information they won’t open it.

Some documents are stored in the National Archives but closed to the public. They look like this: https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C17477604

Other documents are retained by the Government and look like this: Jaguar aircraft technical manual: volume 1 | The National Archives

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, just been confirmed by Smin, no Typhoon anytime soon. best guess now sometime 2025 at the earliest. Another DOA year ahead of us guys

4 Likes

yeah at this point i pretty much believe germany will get a tested f16 /f18 or an aircraft of another nation like poland /netherland or switzerland at this point, no way they gonna leave one of the money maker nations alone for that long