Eurofighter Typhoon (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Even if it comes to it, its years in the future until germany would actualy receive it.
Germany still is waiting on 38 tranche 4 planes first

And you guys would still have your LWS system, so there is that

Spear 3 on there too, should be mighty nice for you tbh if added to WT, basically longer range turbojet powered brimstones. Though I can see gaijin absolutely ruining them by botching the post deployment roll though

1 Like

Also PIRATE

is spear even useable on ground targets? from what i know its anti ship isnt it?

thats nothing new, germany has PIRATE (IRST) EFs, this is just the first time we see AMK and PIRATE together

True but this shows an intention to fit them on a decently large scale as opposed to the current scale which you must admit is rather reserved.

2 Likes

Spear 3 basically the same as Brimstone 3, but with a Turbojet instead of a rocket motor and a chunkier warhead, all the guidance systems are similar etc. The requirement was for medium range air to ground precision strike, the naval stuff is a “if you can” sort of requirement. iirc it has a puncher warhead though.
(For context Brimstone is SPEAR Capably 2, SPEAR is SPEAR Capability 3, and Storm Shadow is SPEAR Capability 4, and SPEAR Capability 5 is the Future Cruise/Anti-Ship Weapon programme, whatever that turns out to be.)

2 Likes

Maybe. It is only a mock-up Eurofighter, no word on if AMK is included IIRC

4 Likes

in my heart its included and proof enough to push it :P

Germany’s EFs with PIRATE are all IPAs operated by WTD 61 and Airbus out of Manching though. It’ll be new if the Luftwaffe starts operating PIRATE on their operational aircraft.

2 Likes

doesnt matter, WTD61 is part of the german army and in fact friendly reminder we literaly have a plane named wtd 61 in the game

We can expect the UK’s FGR.4 to come with CAPTOR-E/ECRS Mk.0 then since it was on IPA5 😂

Yeah sure, just like germanys aesa will be fitted on ipa 7 propably

that being said, gajin propably wont, ones an aesa the other is an IRST system

joke right?

compare them with meteor, mica etc, its one of the worst

? The mica is a thrust vectoring missile which just acts as an unfalreable r73, which will be a massive pain to deal with as all mirage 2k players require to play in a tub with how sweaty they are (Im just mad i keep being snuck up on them as they always apear behind me, im sat at 40km off to the side and i had 3 all come after to, like leave me the fuck alone lmao). I havent actually heard anything about theMICA’s tho, how do they play at the moment.

Im just happy i dont have to use the skyjunk any more, going to be crying tears of joy not having to climb 30km above everyone else just for them to have the same energy. actually quite glad ill no longer have as many 7fs in the sky as people will just assume the ARH are always better (the secret is there not and ill have the range on them lol).

Italy is also going to order 24 more last gen efa. It was also rumored that they will have some new tech of the GCAP, that is in development right now.

so everyones leaving britain behind lol

Yep, it looks like that