Eurofighter Typhoon (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

if i remember right tranche 2 had the brimstone software update

yeah i feel like the A2G ones will be the ones with crazier loadouts

I bet the early ones will have 9L/Ms and AIM-120s only

1 Like

Ah yeah Tranche 2 had A2G capability, apparently late Tranche 1 aircraft also had limited A2G.

True but I wouldn’t expect it at all, they will probably just deny it as its a private modification.

most likely yeah

The only thing i want to see now is a EF with AMK and the better TVC engines.
Must be crazy performance .

the trust vectoring engines i highly doubt coming

ah no i mean irl

i dont think the TVC is even still in development

As far as i know its finished but the cost would be to great to update the EF as they are already really manuverable.

iirc the TVC ones also have a not insignificant increase in thrust.

i am a brit enjoyer through and through, however i think having unique EF would be the better solution. the germans get the AMK kit, we get the pirate system and the italians get the pirate but with I RST instead of our ASRAAM’s. i have 3 of these nations so it wouldnt effect me much and would mean i can decided what i want. either dunking on the russians with ASRAAM’s or going in for the CQB with the AMK kit and I RST. the italians get the best of both.

1 Like

believe me when i say many uk players would have a problem with that and prefer the AMK xD
Besides that UK is unique either way with their LWS system

1 Like

unless we put it on a test bed or on any of our EF i dont see why we should get it as well? i wouldnt mind it but if we get the amk then the germans would have to get the pirate, and then the italians are kinda just left hanging. plus why would we need it if were getting ASRAAM’s, which from the sounds of it is more of a medium ranged missile rather than the CQB I RST.

I mean, regardless of what Germany did or didn’t fit to the Typhoons, I’d get if they did an “early” model Typhoon (the F.2 in RAF service didn’t fit PIRATE where as the FGR.4 does) I’d understand PIRATE not being fitted, but if they’re going for a late build everyone should get them, unless Germany has some obscene advantage that no one else has (unlikely)

PIRATE, fitted or not, fundamentally opens up a completely new avenue of gameplay, by allowing you to be sneaky beaky with your IR missiles. Of course, you’ll want to use your radar a bit but… I can imagine it being very useful in Sim.

The thing is that opens the door of “bias” and whatnot. I completely agree with what you’re saying, it’d be nice to have a quirky difference on one EFT from another (UK one has PIRATE, German gets AMK, etc etc) but a) that’s more modelling work for Gaijin, and b) that then opens the door for which EFT is the best. I’d honestly quite happily take an IRST for a bit less manouevring, especially in Sim when you consider how you could use the IRST and Radar, plus Britain has the ASRAAM, designed for long range IR work.

i just thought it would be cool to have different niches filled by different EF. from what i could tell reading through all of this (took me 30 minutes as it had been a couple months). i got that the pirate system would allow for long range ir snipes with ASRAAMS (although were not sure if it got DL but even without it should help it track off the rail better). the I RST is better in the close range with it acting more like an SRAAM would, which is confusing considering the naming. the AMK would give germany the edge in actual dog fightning while the italians with I RST and pirate would allow for some interesting gameplay in sim but not much in rb.

This is all just me spouting nonsense as you all know alot more about this than me. im just seeing if i can give any ideas as to how to distribute all of this.

2 Likes

I bring news everyone! The ILA 2024 started in germany. There the Eurofighter Tranche 5 is being showcased. And it was confirmed germany will order 20!

Do i spot the AMK kit on there? :P

1 Like

Well i guess that solves the AMK debate

4 Likes

Ultimate Eurofighter appears to go to Germany. We will have to see how it enters service and also whether they go for ECRS MK.2.

If they do then in WT terms we are completely boned comparatively.

1 Like