Eurofighter Typhoon (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

It is officially described as reduced smoke though(asraam).

i love how it just sounds like a minecraft arrow lmao

1 Like

could someone explain to me what the AMK kit is (im assuming its an engine upgrade of sorts) and the TMC is? and damn, got a whole ass department in here debating the characteristics of the ASRAAM and I RST lol. im surprised the 9x is just a 9l with some modifications as i was under the impression the 9x was this American wonder weapon. People always assume their immune to propaganda but here i am.

the AMK kit is additional add ons for the plane which affect the flight behaviour

Those tiny bits affect the plane a lot. There could be other parts but thats what i am aware of

Asraam long range king
IRIS-T short range king
Aim 9x, yeah its shit, its mass produced so that US has enough for all their plane. nearly every country has developed better missles because they dont need as many.
Same with Aim-120 you might have noticed one of the worst fox 3 missles

TMC i cant quite help right now

This is another good pic imo:

2 Likes

ah new i forgot sth, the part i showed is just the easiest to spot

Yeahn its def the most obvious. The second most obvious are the new strakes right above the LERX, but its something that often slips ppl’s minds since strakes arent super obvious in their function. Then the extended flaps is pretty hard to spot in general.

All in all, its basicly 2 new vortex generators (1 static, 1 adjustable) and some bigger control surfaces.

Guesstimating here, but im assuming the LERX are adjustable so as to basicly give the same advantages as close coupled canards like on the Rafale and Gripen when combined with the fuselage strakes, without losing the advantages of the long moment arm canards the Typhoon has.

And the fun part xD Germany is the only one that tested it :P

Wouldnt get my hopes up. If this update proves anything, its that gaijins most hated nation is unequivocally germany. I doubt they ever intend to make german air good ever again.

I wouldnt be suprised if the germans got their eurofighter an update or more after the brits and italians, and that they’ll omit PIRATE and the AMK kit, making the brit and italian eurofighter objectively superior.

1 Like

yeah the PIRATE is debatable, i wouldnt beat on getting it, we keep the option open to install it , but only have specific proof for a few aircrafts to have installed them

PIRATE is really dependent if they want Germany to get it as Germany doesn’t use it ( I know it was test and some may of had it)

AMX kit is a little different as that was only on a test one correct so thats on the will of Gajin to add

funny thing both AMK and PIRATE are shown seperately on the same aircraft. So gajin could do an yak141, (which i doubt they will)

Id argue its pretty silly for gaijin NOT to give german eurofighters PIRATE, simply because this is a situation where not only have they bought it, but they can install it, they just havent. Itd be the equivalent of not giving composite add on’s to tanks that can install them because “they dont usually have them”.

But it is gaijin were talking about, and in their limitless hatred for germany, it would not suprise me one bit.

Sooo… the PSO?

1 Like

They didn’t give the Swedish Gripen the AGM-65G and only the mavericks they used while giving the SAAF Gripen nothing it used so i say it is a flip of a coin

Personally i don’t think Gajin will give it PIRATE

i dont necesarily need it, its more important for SIM which i dont play. We just need the Brimstone… if that is coming at all and even then would be only in the second batch of EFs we are getting in the game

Yes i agree give Brimstone ASAP

But i feel the first EFT that will come will have limited A2G

the first EFs were purely air superiority fighters

Hopefully they will be Tranche 1 Block 5s.

Wasnt untill i believe Tranche 2 we got limited A2G and then Tranche 3 and later were “true” multiroles