Eurofighter Typhoon (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

From the previous source I referenced, the 1.22 thrust to weight was given for 6500 pounds internal fuel. If we do 11,000kg (24,250 pounds + 6,500 pounds) we get around 30,750 pounds weight.

The T/W of 1.22 with that loading would imply 37,515 pounds of thrust which is 6.6% installed thrust losses. We can reference that to try and mitigate the “Gaijin standard”.

giving it an empty mass of 10000kg (the Mk4 atleast)

A sauce

Likewise sources claim anywhere from 136 to 155kg weight for AMRAAM variants lol, we’d need a better source. I have a primary source that is available for public distribution that states 11,000kg empty.

11,000kg may well be correct, mine includes pilot mass, oil and integrated weapon stations.

So likely yours is what I should use for the calculation for T/W based on the 1.22 figure. Need to go see what other ordnance might have been on it as the actual thrust might even be higher than 40,000lbf.

It said OCA/DCA combat configuration with 6500 pounds internal fuel. Need to know what the combat configuration is so we can get approximate weight increases…

11,300kg + 6,500 pounds of fuel + ordnance weights x 1.22 = thrust

So 1.46 for eft installed(estimated) vs 1.23 for F-14D

1.46 static for the Eurofighter, 1.23 optimal for F-14B
The F-14 also has a swing wing, whereas Eurofighter has relaxed stability. I think it’s probably pretty close.

1 Like

Euro fighter best fighter

Both static at Sea Level Installed, and typhoon may well be higher.

I wouldn’t say that’s close

J-8F T/W ratio is > J-7E but we know which one rates better… there’s more to this.

The eurofighter also has canards.

What’s the wing loading of those, and the wing loading of the eurofighter Vs f-14?

And 1.457 for F-18E at M 0.9(Peak thrust) installed…

I’m not following the point of these questions? The F-14 in similar configuration to what the Eurofighter was getting 16 something deg/s has a higher sustained turn rate in the game…?

Eurofighter>f16 it is much better

No idea what you’re trying to say here, although not shocked you don’t understand the importance of wing loading.

Wing loading is an important characteristic of aircraft flight performance. The EF has a much better wing loading than the F-14. It also has a much better TWR.

The document earlier compared performances in sustained rate. It showed it was inferior to the F-16C, and we know the F-14B has a better rate in similar conditions. How is comparing wing loading going to change that?

Is it necessary to attack people when you’re having a discussion?

Your Aussie air power source?

Not at all, just deserved in this circumstance.

@SlowHandClap
Can’t do all your work for you

Also doesn’t really help your argument to be constantly insulting the other party.