Eurofighter Typhoon (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

well but following your reasoning it should be added to all if it will ever come

depend wich weapon (for eaxmple marte was only tested on an italian efa, altought a british one was showcased with it once). as for other more normal weapons like storm shadow, taurus, brimstone etc they have been tested and showcased with all nations that have EFA as far as I remeber.

yeah but they were still put on other nation’s aircraft.

and i think that gaijin won’t add taurus or scalp unfortunately…

and prehaps it should.

Though it is splitting hairs before we are even there. Assuming we ever actually get the Typhoon, not too mention a prototype aircraft, I think that prototype should be nearly identical too all 3. With all 3 nations limited, it would be very unfair if one Typhoon was significantly better than the others just because one tested something that the others didnt.

Thats the key thing to remember. It was a collabrative project. Each nation contributed something and tested something different. So it wasnt the “Italian one” that tested the bombs in the early stages. It was an EF Typhoon.

When we enter production models. Then we should start worrying about making them a little more unique. Like with loadout options… But even then, a certain basic loadout options, probably could do with being maintained among all.

I could agree with this even if I would still prefer some difference between the prototypes.

1 Like

Yeah… some uniquness would be nice. Short of the IRST though on the RAF Typhoons, everything else is debatable. Its going to be hard to make them unique.

But I fear that in searching for uniqueness, you end up nerfing 1 or 2 of the Typhoons excessively. Like in the case of the Cluster bombs, without those, could either the German or British Typhoons get anything else?

I dont think so and that would be quite a major nerf to go from something relatively weak, to nothing at all.

Likewise, not all had a cannon, not all had CMs, not all had radar. Where do you draw the lines. The only way, we are going to get a usable prototype is taking parts from all of them I reckon. Or using a later variant that draws upon parts from all.

2 Likes

It’s a possibility

Without debasing my entire argument, at least it was vaguely competitive for an amount of that. Whereas now we don’t have any really competitive aircraft. Harrier GR.7 is ultimately not the definitive platform and neither is the Tornado F.3. Go 1v1 against anything that’s a realistic top tier and chances are it won’t go well.

I really do believe if we polled it, the majority of British Mains here would prefer to get a DA.2 now-ish and get upgrades to it/newer aircrafts (so an F.2, for example at a later patch, with improved A/A, and then an FGR.4) rather than be forced to wait as everyone else gets their F-15s and Hornets and Su-27s and only then get their Typhoon.

At the moment the meta is very definitely emphasis on decent BVR in the first instance, and then decent close combat. that’s unlikely to change for the foreseeable, yet… we don’t have a platform that has both of those, whereas a good number of people have F-16s or MiG-29s which do?

3 Likes

Perhaps now is the time if anyone has some shareable information on Eurofighter that shows how it’s not as much of a performer as Gaijin thinks they may start to consider adding it within 6 months to a year from now.

My man wants those classed docs.

Preferably not, as I said… “shareable”.

Indian air tests

Yeah that’s unlikely.

1 Like

that is just sad

Where does is come from?

1 Like

some random [profanity] evaluation by India iirc

no idea if its real or not, i am inclined to say that its not

Mig 35 fulcrum

thanks.

but in game, aren’t Gaijin all ignoring the issue of engine failure?

if gaijin cared about reliability that would probably hurt the soviet performance so they just dont

Yet it is outperformed by an F-16 that is heavier than any model we have in-game. You see my point? We already have the maneuverable and high sustained turn rate F-16’s. The Eurofighter will fit in quite well, and we must also consider how badly the F-16 is overperforming currently as well… because Gaijin thinks it’s “not a bug”.

Its worth thinking about what other nations are getting within the next 6 months to a year. Im fully expecting 12.7s like the F-15 and soviet equivlanet to arrive this Dec. It is those that Im most concerned about in the short term and those are the ones that are likely going to be what the Typhoon is needed to counter early to mid next year.