Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

And keep in mind, on these huge operation maps, bases have even more hitpoints. You probably would need 7^^ And every afterburning mach 2 jets will hit a base with bombs long before any cruise missile would.

Definely wont be the best weapon for it. Paveways would probably be my go too for most occasions. But if they are added, then its things like this that should be considered.

they’re effective like that because there’s secondary explosions. the couple of fuel barrels on a base in wt dont add to the damage done and dont have enough explosive mass anyways

Yeah, even if it was just aesthetics, that would be cool to be modeled

I’m curious about something, if someone has better knowledge to clarify

With 29SMT and F-16C Block 50 now in game
Would early Tranche 1 Eurofighters be overpowered or comparable?
For sake of comparison (and keeping it balanced somewhat), lets say Tranche 1 Block 2 or Block 5

EDIT:
What weapons would German Eurofighter have specifically? AIM-120A/B for BVR, AIM-9L (starting missile) and AIM-9Li/1 (high tier heatseeking missile) or something else?

I dont know enough withwise of perticulars, but I’d imagine Aim-9L being the best IR missile it could get and an early variant of AMRAAM. But I do think its needed sooner rather than later, im hoping its end of year or very early next year.

but I’d imagine Aim-9L being the best IR missile it could get

That’s why I mentioned 9Li/1
It would work as equivalent to 9M though from what I hear it would be better than 9M in game currently

Yeah, even then. Any form of IRCCM missile might be a tad to strong on a Typhoon, even an early prototype. I could see it being restricted to just standard 9Ls initially. At least i’d be more than happy with that compromise if it meant getting a decent airframe

1 Like

That’s fair
While I want ICE too, I think airframe will have difficult time at 12.3
With F-16s flying the way they do now, they’ll fly circles around ICE

Yeah, being back in a Phantom when everyone else is in Gen 4 just doesnt sound fun. Im a Britain main, so I want the British equivlanet Typhoon and our prospects are even worse. Best we can hope for is the Sea harrier. I see rough times ahead until they finally give us the Typhoon to level the playing field

1 Like

Dont forget that there is the normal Aim 9Li that is comparable to early Aim9M

1 Like

Eurofighter matches or exceeds the F-16 in all flight regimes, likely has a better radar and countermeasures, and is both quicker to accelerate, and faster climbing than both, all while being able to carry more weapons

1 Like

Personally, I think Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche 1 better F-16C Block 50/52 and MiG-29SMT (9-19) especially avionics and radar

I guess maybe Eurofighter Typhoon DA5 equivalent F-16C Block 50, MiG-29SMT (9-19), Eurofighter Typhoon FA.2 (UK), EF-2000 Typhoon DA7 (Italy) and Chengdu J-10A (PLAAF)/J-10AH (PLANAF)

You guess gajin consider AIM-9Li & AIM-9Li/1 this quarter (Q4) ?

The Aim-9L(I) and the AIM-9L(I)-1 are really similar to the AIM-9M seeker wise.
The 9L(I) incorpore an IRCCM module directly into the GCS, resulting in enhanced countermeasures and an upgraded seeker system. The AIM-9L(I)-1, which further enhances the 9L(I)GCS and is considered to be operationally equivalent to the originally “US-only” AIM-9M missile.

The different AIM-9M version are these:
The WGU-4A/B (AIM-9M-1/2/3 GCS) has flare rejection capabilities that don’t involve suspending tracking.
The WGU-4D/B (AIM-9M-6/7 GCS) then added improved guidance during flare detection, and the WGU-4E/B (AIM-9M-8/9/10 GCS) expanded the IRCM detection circuitry to improve capabilities against tactical IRCM.

So from what we can expect is the 9L(I) to be similar to the AIM-9M-6/7 while the 9L(I)-1 to be similar to the AIM-9M-8/9/10.

The IRCCM is the same kind: suspended tracking.

Motor wise, they didn’t change the motor over the 9L so it’s still a smoky motor.

Late blocks of the AIM-9L received the reduced smoke motor prior the the AIM-9M entering service iirc.

Well ty for the info, didn’t know that

As usual, far too late. Its simply not interesting nor exciting to get such an old airframe, when everyone else gets shiny toys like F-15/16/18. Will be similar as the F-4F early and F-4F P/R, they they were obsolete from the start. Maybe some mods might ask what Gajin’s issue is with Luftwaffe Phantoms. Never understood why Germany couldn’t have gotten the F-4F together with the other Phantom nations. For the Starfighter and Mig-21 it wasn’t an issue.

This currently applies for the recent F-16 addition as well. I don’t see why it shouldn’t be possible that non-US nations might get a new meta jet and US is back in the bus for one or two patches. There’s no law that always US need to have the best jet and other just have be behind.

1 Like

now if only we actualy would have gotten the 9Li at the same time as the 9M, i dont know who all would all get it from the britains but at least the Tornado would benefit from it since they dont wanna give it the current F4F at all

the 9M in game is an early one afaik. the 9L/I(-1) is more like the M-6/7 and M-8/9

and to answer your earlier question, it would still be overpowered in its flight performance but absolutely neutered in weapons.

They question is what matters more in Air RB. I’m not sure…is it the fligh performance or the suspended weaponry?

Whats better in ARB… A great airframe with just meh missiles or an old, outdated airframe with op missiles?