Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

Same happened also with photos of Inert Mavericks on German Phantoms. Thats sufficient to get it added.

In peace times…at least for the Luftwaffe…you will rarely find images with with real, ready and armed ground ordnance. Germany is a small country, densely populated with just small troop training areas and shooting ranges.

This kind of weapons are not alloed to be used on German soil. Only abroad. Pars training shots happened in White Sands, USA…AS-20 Nord in Britain (North Sea)… Heli ATGMs like Spike/HOT on Hungarian Soil…Taurus Cruise missile tests in Central Africa. And so on. Thats quite common. This stuff isn’t mounted in Germany during Peace times… just inert practice ones. Ofc if they practice with inerts, it means that they definetly have the real ones as well. Otherwise they wouldn’t practice with them^^

:) This happens again and again and again. Four hits, no kill. You might be right. Gajin modeled Tandem Heat or Heat in general very poorly. It doesn’t even kill a truck.

1 Like

yeah the Pantsir is rather aggregious for not dying to HEAT warheads.

Meanwhile, AGM-65D hits irl:

This was accepted as a bug report btw, its just another one of those things that gaijin doesn’t wanna model for “reasons” (it would substantially buff western CAS)

Its also the reason why we still havent seen GPHE warhead mavericks like the AGM-65E/F/G/J/K despite them not being substantially different to something like the Kh-25ML (has more range technically but gaijin limits laser locks to like 12km so it doesnt relaly matter all that much)

1 Like

Thats a Maverick hit ingame. Nothing happens to this mighty eastern tank (something chinese). I paid 850 spawn points for this F-4 with two Mavericks. One shot killed an AA vehicle, the second one failed as you can see. Was totally worth the 850 sp (not^^).

(critical hit without beeing critical lol)

While the Su-22 with AS-14B (ingame for Germany) kills everything with one hit. When two vehicles are next to each other, you even kill both. Unfortnately I don’t like to mix western tech with eastern CAS.

I’ve had AGM-65B’s get eaten by the turret MG on tanks before.

Also, Mav vs Russian S-24 (basicly same TNT equivalent):

Also, this is my old bug report, passed to devs, never fixed (as usual lmao):

Speaking of, @Gunjob any update regarding this bug report? Is it even still open internally or did the devs just

1 Like

You’re better off whith just mounting 2000 or 1000 lb bombs. Go in very low and use the bomb crosshair to deliver. Bombs always kill with a guaranteed destruction zone. No fooling around like with Mavs, or Pars or Hellfires, which seem to fail more often than they give you kills. No locking issues, no smoke and trees spoiling your lock. I mean its all the same, these western F&F weapons, even the new spike are like this.

When I use my Tiger UHT, I rarely get ground kills. From 8 fired ATGMs you often get not a single kill…even if its 1 or 2 (which would be already stellar), its just not worth the spawnpoints.

1 Like

Isn’t HEAT warhead damage completely decoupled from explosive mass in game?

Depends. Russian HEAT OPs…If often happens when I play Radar SPAAs, when the dish sticks out. They shot heat, it touches your radar dish and the whole crew is gone.

The odd thing being that as far as I know those drill missiles are for ground handling training (i.e. no functioning seeker), hence I said that they stuck me as being for aerodynamic tests. The ones with a live seeker, but inert rocket / warhead seem to have different colour bands.

idk, but i can tell you that 51kg of TNT hitting your tank anywhere is going to lead to you not having a functional tank anymore.

155mm HE shell will mission kill a tank within like 10m, if not outright K-kill it, and they only have at most 15kg of TNT.

Hence why S-24’s are god tier nukes

1 Like

Maverick F4F
shot 2023.10.01 22.12.52

PARS3LR Tiger UHT
shot 2023.10.03 22.17.48

Both during the recent event grind (want that japanese plane + this missile).

But don’t waste your time. Both systems have been reported over and over gain. Western countries often get faulty stuff which works unreliable at best. Reports are probably all ditched.

Im bit frustrated over the garbage Germany got over the last year. Everything inferior, bugged, unplayable. Even the new Leopard PSO is hard to play with this dozer clipping into the ground in alot matchs. Just often happens on flat ground for no reason. You get stuck, cant move, cant be towed nothing helps beside ejecting and leaving the match. Its like they want non Eastern countries look like inepts.

3 Likes

I think uniqueness should be maintained but that can be maintained in different ways, for instance the UK will obviously receive the ASRAAM (which i suspect will end up being different and largely worse) as opposed to the IRIS-T. Only the UK and Germany will receive brimstone but Italy and the UK to compensate will get an IRST module which Germany should imo lack because then it would have the every feature of the aircraft.

They’d balance eachother out but in different ways. When we start getting to Tranche 4 Typhoons Britain might get the Tranche 3A, so whilst some capabilities will be reduced, we will be the only nations with the ECRS MK2 as neither Germany or Italy have purchased the radar and there’s a very real possibility they may choose the MK.1 over the MK.2.

1 Like

So the Mav was before the buff.
PARS 3 is still having issues then, probably separate.
Cause I can tell you out of the 6 Mavs I launched from A-10 yesterday on the 3rd, 5 killed targets, and the 6th? Well the target was alive when I shot, and died by someone else before it reached.

Oh, nice when was that buff?

October 2nd.

“A bug that caused air-to-ground missiles and unguided rockets to lose pressure damage has been fixed.”

Does anyone know if the Eurofighter received dual-carry pylons for the Fox-2’s I could’ve sworn there was a picture of a Eurofighter with a dual mounted ASRAAM?

Still open, I’ve given it a nudge.

1 Like

does exist yes, but isnt in official use anywhere because it would affect the flight of the eurofighter for the worse and would get to heavy if you stack enough missles

Yep this was what I was looking for, thankyou. I’m not surprised that it isn’t used and realistically 8 missiles standard is no slouch.

this a theoretical advertised loadout 14 meteor missles, 2 iris T

3 Likes