Does the Abrams have a spall liner? No from what I could find

They don’t have spall liners the way you want them. Additionally… what documentation are we providing to show how much DU will improve the armor?

@Dinfire Do you have any documentation that shows how much the DU armor will actually improve the resistance to KE rounds?

Perhaps @Conraire ?

1 Like

A “drawbacks” does not make a tanks bad in combat.
100 tanks on the battlefied, 80 survived multilple hit and no meida talk about it because why the user need to clarify when they know it protected them, 20 destroyed then media just spam it and call that a “bad design” , will you call it a bad tank design ?

Mind staying on topic?

This is on topic, gaijin really needs to buff real life T80BVMs this is impossible in war thunder.

Doesn’t Gaijin already just assume an extra 50% or something on the turret cheeks? They could just use that value.

No, it’s still fine, they neee to tix the Leclerc and the model of T-90M

Are you requesting us to provide classified documents as the “burden of proof” for armor values? We all know that’s the only proof there is. That’s not a feasible ask.

Although, You should set the tone and lead by example.

You provide the documents supporting the current armor values for the sep v2.

1 Like

😂 😂😂👍

Am I the only to catch this?

1 Like

No, why would anyone ask this? Obviously we don’t want anyone sharing stuff that isn’t permissible for release.

You stated “it’s on us to provide the burden of proof”….

Declassified sources will not provide any “burden of proof” other than- bland unspecified information open to interpretation with nothing more than general conclusions or statements. This is not a feasible request.

3 Likes

Piece together sources or research showing how much more effective DU would be at stopping long rod Sabot than other metals. You should be able to form SOME estimate.

Of course if there is no information, please don’t share information from restricted sources. Simply put, you’re out of luck.

Do you work for gaijin?

1 Like

I will begin looking into this. If we can provide info regarding the MM of armor x the hardness & multiplier … or something similar then this would be acceptable information? This should be do-able

1 Like

Gaijin staff is visible separate from other members by tags next to their name and special colors, etc.

If I was a gaijin dev or if I had a position of power in gaijin, I would want to see the feed back of the player base. Interact with them discreetly. Argue points to combat misinformation, etc. That’s why I asked. But I’m not insinuating anything.

Regardless,
You seem level headed and educated on many of these subjects So, Do you see any problems with USA high tier at the moment that should be fixed or adjusted?

1 Like

I don’t care for ground RB at all. The fact of the matter is - Gaijin has to fix their game. It isn’t fun to play. It’s enjoyable at low tiers, but things are horrible. It’s like playing arcade in top tier fighters. Totally unplayable and unfun. No one likes getting revenge CAS. No one likes a single one of their maps. Their ballistic model is awful. The vehicle compression is awful. The game just needs a total rework. Ground RB is an awful game mode and it needs to be replaced.

Some easy ways to fix or mediate some of these issues;
-much larger maps
-better map design
-improve ballistics
-stop adding more high ranking premiums
-limit who can get high ranking premiums initially until they reach a certain level…

The list goes on. I would be stuck here for literally hours writing an explanation for what all is wrong with the game and that’s just focusing on one single aspect of it. It’s why I’m taking a break from reporting on issues and such. I only play when friends are online and want me to play with them now.

5 Likes

I respectfully disagree with your dislikes lol
I like 80% of the maps. The mix of small and large maps keeps game pace at different levels, the difficulty is always lessened or worsened by maps. It prevents the cookie cutter feeling, having the same sized maps just different layouts would get old. I just want more maps of all sizes.

The RB is the perfect mix of frustration and awesomeness to keep me coming back. If it’s to easy then I’ll get bored. If it’s to hard… I’ll say F it.

RB is my favorite. The only problems I have that really drive me to that point, are the vehicles I enjoy the most are always missing 1 small detail or attribute that another nation has that would level the playing field.

Other than that, it’s a great game for me. This is the only game I’ve ever spent this much blood,sweat and tears on lol. And money.

You prefer arcade?

2 Likes

I would like more high rank premiums , I would like more of everything premium or not at any BR. (USA needs a 5.5 to 7.0 SPAA first tho) ha

I like variety, something for everyone and a mix so you don’t keep battling the same model of tanks over and over again.

Battle damage reports from multiple M1A1HAs that engaged against Lion of Babylon T72 tanks reported that 3VBM7 rounds with encapsulated tungsten carbide slugs were sticking out of their frontal armor glacis or even ricochetng off front armor slopes at ranges underneath 1,000 meters.

To be sure, these aren’t 3BM42 Mangos, but 3VBM7s aren’t something you sneeze at, and these were said to not be even to pen past their nose, leaving the tailfins sticking outside the glacis like a daggone cartoon.

When your first two layers of your RHA skin plus the depleted uranium reinforced Chobham composite array full stop a round meant to overmatch most other tanks, that’s kind of a jolt to your confidence factors.

And that was the HAP-1 1st-gen mesh we have reports on.

We’re not talking HAP-2 for M1A1 AIMS, M1A1SAs, M1A2 SEPSv1 or v2. Certainly not HAP-3 for current SAs, SEPSv2s, and SEPSv3s.

Further damage assessment reveals the radiology tests showed almost zero contamination, meaning the DU array wasn’t even cracked.

Link here: https://www.gulflink.osd.mil/du_ii/du_ii_refs/n52en520/7161_039_0000008.htm

10 Likes