Churchill Mk. III/IV AVRE

Agreed, that would be a much more practical and overall better fit, but this is pretty interesting too
I think the VII AVRE should be a high-medium priority probably as a premium, and the IV AVRE would make an interesting event vehicle perhaps during an upcoming anniversary

2 Likes

We have the Centurion Mk.V AVRE, so why not the Churchill variants?

yes i want to bonk people with it

2 Likes

Nah, there’s no necro’s in the suggestion area. Only bumps.

I want the silly cartoon looking as Churchill.

Possibly it will turn up as a BP/Event vehicle or next years Anniversary special.

Always thought the AVRE, DDs and other Funnies should be rewards for a recurring annual D-Day event.

2 Likes

It’s been announced as new event vehicle, well done!

5 Likes

Victory!

The track applique is ugly and no I will not stop complaining about it.

5 Likes

Why does the No.1 Demolition Bomb have PETN as explosive mass though?
The image shows it’s like 1/4 Pentolite and 3/4 TNT 🤔

2024-06-18 13_25_58-War Thunder

1 Like

Time for a report?

1 Like

Idk. That image is like the only source I know off, and I have no clue where it’s actually from.

Maybe Gaijin has some sekrit information that we don’t know. Like that self-destruct at 200m range.

1 Like

Because the data table has to list an explosive type, and that was the nearest best fit?

The filling is a hybrid of a layer of Pentolite (probably equal parts of PETN and TNT but there are other blends) and the majority is Nobels 808 (something like a blend of 61% nitroglycerine, 15% nitrocellulose and some other stuff). So it is a real witches brew of energetic materials pretty much all of which is more effective than TNT, but is also a bit too much to be expected to be listed individually.

I see. For some reason I thought Nobels explosive was TNT. But that would have been dynamite ;)

Shouldn’t this thread be closed because it’s been added to the game?

3 Likes

Yep

Last!

Give it some time

As the Churchill Mk.III AVRE was implemented as part of the Operation Overlord Event,

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. o7