Chinese tank (VT4A1) model error & lack of modeling

At present, there are many modeling errors or even partial modeling missing in VT4A1 in the game.

This post is dedicated to recording and collecting these issues and urging GAIJIN to fix VTAA1 as soon as possible.

VT4A1 front armor plate angle and position error

Firstly, the incorrect angle of the front armor plate of VT4A1 in the game resulted in the composite armor volume of VT4A1 being reduced.

There is a clear sectional view of the VT4 body in the Thai VT4 manual, which clearly shows the position and angle of this armor plate.

屏幕截图 2023-12-16 150227 (1) (1)

It can be seen from the Thai manual that the top of this armor plate is located at the gap between the second and third ERAs in the picture, but the incorrect angle of this armor plate in the game resulted in the top of this armor plate not being in this position.

The incorrect position of the front armor plate resulted in the composite armor volume of VT4A1 in the game being even less than that of MBT2000, which is ridiculous.

Don’t mention that the Thai VT4 manual is unpublished material, it was exposed on Thai websites a few years ago, and there is no page in the manual that states that its use is restricted.

The data of VT4A1 in the game heavily references the content in the Thai VT4 manual, including the layout of the vehicle’s fuel tank, ammunition layout, loader structure, and so on.

Moreover, GAIJIN also used the content from the Thai manual to weaken the lens magnification of VT4A1.

So GAIJIN recognizes the content of the Thai manual, so there is no problem for players to restore the position and angle of the VT4A1 armor plate according to the Thai manual.

• Submit issue report: Yes

• Issue link: Gaijin.net // Issues

• Result: Not fixed yet

Lack of ERAs at the top of VT4A1 turret

At present, all known models of the VT4 series include VT4, VT4A, VT4A1, and VT4B.

Except for the VT4B which is still under development.

The other three models, only the turret top of VT4 does not have ERAs, while the turret tops of VT4A&VT4A1 are equipped with complete ERAs.

IMG_20231221_124947

Lack of modeling on the inner side of VT4A1 gun mantlet

In reality, Chinese tanks have thickened structures on the inside of their gun mantlets to fill gaps, which are not as large as in the game. ZTZ99A and WZ1001E also have this problem in the game.

The turret tail of VT4A1 lacks modeling of the UAV module box

It’s not about adding UAVs to VT4A1, it’s just about fixing the modeling of the missing UAV module box.

We cannot find any clearer images about the tail of the turret, as VT4A1 has only participated in one Zhuhai Air Show and the photos are relatively limited.

But based on the current photos, it is sufficient to model the UAV module box.

VT4A1 Commander Tower Modeling Error

In reality, the commander tower of VT4A1 has a three layers structure, while the four layers structure in the game is incorrect.

The position of the periscope is also incorrect.

The ERAs of VT4A1 needs to be refined

The ERA on the front of the VT4A/VT4A1 turret is arranged in two pieces:upper and lower. It’s not a whole piece.

The ERAs in front of the VT4 body are placed separately, not connected together.

• Issue link:
    Gaijin.net // Issues

30 Likes

Respect
O7

Great Job!

Hope Gaijin can make VT4 right immediately, after that I will start buying GE like I used to

Spoiler

That’s a good conclusion of a part of problems.Good job.

o>

Are you insane?

That’s too radical

2 Likes

He just believe that Chinese goverment are willing to and HAVE THE ABILITY to manage a Russian-formed European company.
As a Chinese player, I believe it’s just day-dreaming

1 Like

Keep dreaming, bro.

2 Likes

You have my respect bro.
Everyone can see how irresponsible gaijin is from you post, they even didn’t know the right name at the beginning. And now they just leave this unfinished one as if they have forgotten it. Oh gaijin, when can you not let me disappointed…

1 Like

LET HIM COOK. Hopefully vt4 sees some improvements seeing as it’s an end of the line tank that is worse than it’s predecessors.

+1

1 Like

I hope the super development team will fix the relevant problems as soon as possible. ₍˄·͈༝·͈˄*₎◞ ̑̑