Challenger 2E (1999) - as showcased in the Greek Army Trials

Some scans of the photo in other documents, without the fold

Images

Notably, the CR2E demonstrator had a driver’s vision enhancer camera at this point in time, in the aperture between the headlights

CR2E DVE

2 Likes

You know gaijin is now going to model it without any ufp armour around the driver to make room for the camera.

1 Like

I agree, Britain currently lacks a top-tier squadron vehicle and this would be a great candidate.

The only problem is, so far top-tier squadron vehicles have been a maximum BR of 11.3, whereas this would deserve 11.7, same as the current Chally 2E.

Maybe it could be 11.3 with only L26 instead of L27A1? Idk

Thanks, I appreciate these!

Depends if gaijin does ground br decompression. You’d have a hard time convincing me that besides sweden, italy, russia, and germany are the only ones with proper top tier tanks. All the big hull armor vehicles should probably be like 13.0 would also help with compression overall

I still can’t get used to the fact that Italy now has best MBT in game)))))

The engine upgrades are tricky cuz of so many conflicting sources and frankly malicious bug reports like the challenger 3 TD one recently. Using a House of Commons question which was not only wrong but a completely unfounded source. I was at tankfest. I spoke to the commander of Megatron in the tank park. He confirmed that challenger 3 has better turbos, cooling and a host of upgrades to make it to 1500hp whilst the current challengers in service could produce 1500hp with a couple of power pack upgrades which I believe mostly consists of the caterpillar defence upgrades. However it is frankly unclear exactly which parts are needed and what parts are currently on what.

What is clear is that gaijin fail to understand the different versions of the challenger 2 at a fundamental level. The challenger 3 TD they have in game is labelled as the 2 CSP I believe in the files. It could be the LEP. I am afk rn apologies.

BUT all of this aside which are just stuff that could be debated to the ends of the earth and frankly I have had that same discussion. way too many times. The same old problem is the root. FIX THE FUCKING GEARBOX AND TORQUE

2 Likes

What is clear is that gaijin fail to understand the different versions of the challenger 2 at a fundamental level. The challenger 3 TD they have in game is labelled as the 2 CSP I believe in the files. It could be the LEP. I am afk rn apologies.

Yes, it’s in the files as the Chally 2 LEP.

The name change to 3 (TD) was last minute, most likely to try and curb the backlash of adding to a large pile of Chally 2s whilst not addressing their core issues.

1 Like