Ch’ŏnma-2 (Production) – Even better?

Based

2 Likes

I am very much looking forward to it joining the Chinese series as a North Korean main battle tank.

But one thing is that the main gun of this tank is not 125mm or 115mm. You can compare it by some details of the barrel, and so far no country has actually developed 125mm full ammunition. In a program in the “Detective Team” series of the Chinese media “Observer Network”, it was mentioned that the main gun ammunition of this tank is very similar to the 120mm smoothbore gun ammunition in the West.

Finally, we will promote a anime introduction book “Three Thousand Miles of Iron Riders” written by some Korean weapon enthusiasts in China.

1 Like

Iron Riders? I believe that “중기병” means “heavy cavalry” some kind.

Sorry,The original text does indeed mean heavy cavalry, but my translation software has some issues.
(laughing and crying)

North Korea have:
Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 14.13.49
Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 14.13.54

I admit that the images are incredibly blurry and details are impossible to discern, but logically, this doesn’t make sense.

It would be actively detrimental for them to have a 120mm, as that’s 4 different calibres all in service – 100mm (T-54/55/Type 59), 115mm (Ch’ŏnma), 125mm (Sŏn’gun), 120mm.

It makes no sense they’d develop a 120mm cannon – it’s far more likely that it’s the 125mm, like almost all analysts have agreed (although some still suggest it’s a 115mm).

However, the 125mm fully loaded ammunition is very heavy. Considering the actual battlefield conditions and the physical condition of North Koreans, it will take a very slow time to load such heavy ammunition, which is very deadly on the battlefield (it may be preemptively attacked by enemy tanks). Although the KCNA has not disclosed the caliber, I personally have doubts about whether it is the 125mm caliber.

And so far, we cannot confirm whether North Korea possesses 125mm ammunition, because according to the introduction of the Immortal Red Star Society (the author group of the book above), the Xianjun 915 still has some modified 115mm caliber from the details of the gun barrel, and from the fact that the Korean People’s Army tank crew has always been composed of four people, it can be further confirmed that they have never obtained physical or technical 125mm ammunition.

Additionally, add another drone, the Morning Star 9 (although it looks quite similar to the MQ-9)

1 Like