C-47B - A Greek “Dakota bomber”

Which is?

Its a solid plane, i mostly used it for CAS in ground battles

Oh i miss that gunship Li-2 suggestion on the old forum. I see DC-3 → I say yes

2 Likes

Upload, tag and share your favorite memes.
A mosquito is not comparable at all to a C-47 Skytrain/Dakota.

for their respectful brs, the mosquito is a proof that planes without any guns will do just fine and its the closest think to the Dakota currently in game.

The Mosquito is not a good argument. It was designed solely for reconnaissance but was given guns just in case.

The point is, I’m not arguing against it, but looking at War Thunder, if it can’t defend itself, no one is going to use it.

That’s why put it as a Squadron, only the ones that want to play it will play it

1 Like

thats simply not true?

yes, yes it is.

as pipimer said

224 mph (360 km/h)
How fast a C-47 goes. At cruise speed, that is slower.
The aircraft lacking any armaments means it will be placed at a much lower BR. Cause it cannot fend for itself, which I consider a good thing. Its only real usage would be in Ground RB, and while sure you could use it in Air RB, if I see the bloody thing unable to fend for itself, I’m going to purposely shoot you, and there is nothing you can do. But press T, 4 2. That is hope and dreams that your aircraft doesn’t become part of the great turkey shoot.

At low tier with air spawn it can easily reach bases and even return, you will be able to drop your bombs always, there is no fighter at 1.3 that can climb and reach 340km at time, the Dakota will be long gone

Did you forget that aircraft at 1.7 and 2.0 would be getting downtiered to fight 1.3s?
The same goes for 1.3s being uptiered to face them. ._. Did you also forget the bomber craft may consider, oh, I don’t know, gunshipping? No matter how you look at this.
You will still face something that can fight it and win.

Even with 2.3 planes it will always manage to drop the payload, yea it will be defenseless but he have dozens of defenseless planes in the game, because some bombers have 1-2 7.7 doesn’t really change much or so many slow strike aircraft that are free kills if you go dehind them, the solution is simple, you don’t like the plane just dont grind it that why it’s better of as a squadron, and it’s very easy to get added as we have the Dakotas modelled in game

Oh, and and imma just gonna name off a bunch of aircraft capable of intercepting the C-47.
->P-36, Do 17 Z-7, Flegel’s Bf 109 A, I-16 type 5, Ki-45 Tei, Martin 139WC/B-10 Bolo, S.81, Ba.65 (K.14) L, Potez 633, and B3C are a few.

All you have responded with are what-if scenarios where it manages to temporarily survive. None, however, show how long, or against what exactly.

So? Most bombers at 1.0-1.3 are slower than the Dakota, Even the H.P. 12 is ok,
If you want we can go to a Custom battle and I will take an Aircraft with max speed at 360km and you will get one of the ones you said taking of the airfield and we will see if I am able to bomb the bases of get intercepted