Britain Air Forces

because grinding through a stock tornado at 12.0 is any better?

remember, you’ll exclusively use 9Ls and go through the skyflash pain until you get amraams at an even higher br where you would prolly be forced to fight f15 and su27 and gripens, among other things

You don’t know what mods would it get tho and if it gets foldered you wouldn’t have to research it to progress.

Having 2. 1 at 11.3 and another at 12.3/12.7 just adds greater flexability to the TT. I’d hope though that the AMRAAM one was maybe foldered, or at least not too expensive, but id imagine it would have Skyflash STs as stock as you would have other things to unlock instead (AMRAAM and Aim-9M)

1 Like

Well new trailer is out, I’ll see if i can see SAAF markings on the Gripen (if it’s even in the trailer I haven’t watched it yet).

Also kinda odd they released it so late.

no SAAF gripen in trailer :(

1 Like

but it might not get show cased, yet might still be added

I would hope

Who knows at this point, not the EAP, not likely to be a tonka, no SAAF Gripen, can’t be Shar as with AIM-9’s it would be a worse GR.7.

I still think SAAF Gripen is the most likely

1 Like

Yes, what were the missiles that were on the gripen in the trailer? because some people in a server are saying they are 9Ls

they have the 9M/L body, presumably L/i’s? I only say that because then the F-4F ICE has one of its missile armaments already prepped for.

wdym?

AIM-9 L with an improved seeker by Diehl in Germany, slightly better flare resistance than 9M but without the smokeless motor.

AIM-9L/i(mproved)

3 Likes

Ah okay, I’m assuming that they just showed it with 9Ls but it will most definitely get 9Ms and ofc radar missiles.

I didn’t see a refueling probe so it might be the A but if it’s the C it physically cannot guide radar missiles. Until AMRAAM or Active Skyflash it has no radar AAM’s. As for 9L/i just think of it as a 9M with a non-smokeless burner.

bro that’s so stupid, it would make more sense to add the C imo. because the A is basically a slightly better 37D (I know nothing about them :( )

They are adding the C if its what they said they were. The issue with that is that the C can’t take SARH’s where the A would get Skyflashes which have the lowest ceiling of in-game SARH’s, with a near unnotchable radar which is now pointless on an airframe somewhere between a mig-21bis and a J7E, to compare, the M24K will be a suped up M2K with magics and r530’s.

The gripen C’s main feature over the competition was its radar which it seems it will not be able to put to use.

I dunno we will have to wait and see, it will at least be good for cas, but they’re really gonna have to work hard for that low drag coef, and canards increasing lift.

1 Like

also, apparently the A is on par with the F-16A and not the F-15 and SU-27. so maybe it is the C

it depends in what metric, the Gripen A had an excellent radar as do all the gripens although in terms of raw power they do lack but once they get a lock they work well. In terms of flight performance, its like an F-16 vs Mig-29 thing where either can technically win but the F-16 is technically better.

Its a very complicated it depends type answer unfortunately. but no the A gripen does not compare particularly favourably with the F-15 and SU-27

I wonder then about what all of this is. The Gripen we have is definitely the A version, the F-15 we have is a single seater but also with A/G bombs? The Su-27 definitely seems realistic but also the Chinese can get their J-11’s. If Britain is going to get something it would have to be a Saudi Eagle, ZA Gripen, or Indian MiG.

On the threads topic, I’d save any malding until we actually know what we are getting, the Gripen, SU-27, F-15 and M4K are much more hyped and well known than the Tornado and Sea Harrier, in fact this thread regularly establishes that they’re scraping the bottom of the barrell to get by.

I’d just wait and see what we get.

I am still (of course) slightly neutered by the lack of EAP.

3 Likes

How did you establish that, externally they are virtually identical unless the refueling probe is extended. In that case there’s an argument for it to have Skyflash.

I might not be familiar enough with the minor things to distinguish them.