BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

And fitted with the No.952 fuze (1970s/80s era RF proximity/VT fuze) for airburst no less

Nope, only outer pylons have wires to launch aams

Interesting, would be fun to drop them on helis.

By double rack, i meant the double 1000lb holder. not the double 9L rack.

Oh, well i doubt it. Wings would break with so much mass so close to the tips. Or they would simply not fit. No, i think mass is the main problem.

I reckon airburst would be quite fun in GFRB.

Set the fuse at the start, like you would with time delay, and wreak havoc on soft targets

If shrapnel was better modeled, maybe, but id fear that youd “direct hit” with an airburst 1k bomb and just take out a single crew in an SPAA. As much as id love them. I just dont think much value unless they add new PvE targets. Cluster bombs though, would be fun and more effective

1 Like
1 Like

Some interesting stuff from the book Harrier 809.

2 Likes

The thing that always gets me is the use of airfix kits

1 Like

And then they still used both color schemes during the Falklands. 809 squadron got the new light grey camo while the other two squadrons used the dark grey one

Hey everyone, I’d like to update this thread with the Sea Harrier FRS.51 (Indian variant) as it shouldn’t need its own thread and I would welcome any contributions (photos, information etc).

with Derby BVR missiles and Magic training round

1 Like

Sea Eagle and AIM-9G here.

upgraded radar

Multimode Airborne Fire Control Radar - ELM-2032 (iai.co.il)

some indian Shar pic

1 Like

Added a first pass on the FRS.51, feedback welcome as naturally this isn’t something I have a huge amount of information on and is largely informed by the SHar in FAA service.

Also standardized the formatting to match that of the Harrier II thread.

1 Like

ugly one

1 Like

SNEB’s confirmed nice, SNEB’s weren’t used on FAA Shar’s due to concerns the ship radar might activate the fuse.

Mk.51 LUSH cockpit with replacement MFD
MGw47_Xy-768x578

Quite a nice interview with one of the pilots

1 Like

Improved RWR from the looks of it as well.