AV-8B Harrier II: History, Performance and Discussion

AV-8B doesn’t have MAW. They have two spiral antennas for the AN/ALR-67 RWR where the GR.7 has the doppler antenna for the PVS2000 MAW.

4 Likes

Beat me too it. It’s unique to British Harrier IIs.

2 Likes

I’ve seen multiple, likely erroneous references to the fact that the AN/AAR-57 (CMWS) was mounted to the AV-8B / Harrier, but I think they are referencing either a prototype or laymen misidentifying the Harrier GR.9 as an unspecified model of AV-8B(which it kind of is, but I don’t think that level of specificity is being used).

Might be part of the ALQ-164 DECM pod?

I don’t know AV-8B+ from Marina Militare in service access AGM-65F/AGM-65G or AGM-65F2/AGM-65G2 but not AGM-65D

It’s correct, they never used the D

1 Like

what color is your sap 25mm round?

Oh, kinda sad then. Thanks for the info!

With the Harrier II+ already in the Italian TT, and AMRAAMs likely being right around the corner: do y’all think we’ll ever get the AV-8B (NA), or would y’all say it’s time has passed?

1 Like

I would love AV-8B+ get its AMRAAMs, analogue to the Sea Harrier FA2

AV-8B+ would be better in terms of flight performance
It wouldn’t be a brick in turns due to new wing and 100% LERX

1 Like

If britain is getting the sea harrier FA2, shouldnt we get our av8b plus soon?

Its pretty much long overdue by now, but if i were to guess, we should get it with the f18s as it and the harrier ii have both served in the Marines

2 Likes

At least gaijin give AIM-120B on AV-8B+ (Italian navy) for next major update

USMC AV-8B Plus copy & paste AV-8B Plus from italy tech tree except AGM-65E Maverick for USA & USMC aircraft only

If they add stuff to the harrier i beg of them to also give the ITA one and the potential US one Mav Gs, they’re long overdue, historically accurate and wouldn’t break the balance since the brit one clearly isn’t op with them but still got them this patch even

Almost a year since this topic has been made…
Anyhow, some great news for US 2nd gen Harrier fans
This was datamined

(Original post by 02ded in Rumor Roundup topic)

EDIT: I’m certain that it will be placed after A-7s, in Tier 8

1 Like

its just a texture for now

Put texture on existing av-8b+ and voila.

1 Like

3 Likes

I know

Hell yeah
2nd gen Harrier is finally in US tech tree
Only thing that mildly bothers me is that GAU-12 doesn’t have correct sound even though the LAV-AD has correct sound

1 Like

Its also missing a number of ordnance items and access to 4x AIM-120s.