Answering your concerns regarding spall liners, MBTs and Aircraft

Lindström does clearly indicate they tested both armour types and were provided with the information necessary.
DU can be replaced with similar materials like tungsten alloys.
Either way, the weight speaks for itself and the results as well.

I didn’t say it was, but it clearly indicates that hull protection increases were not considered particularly important relative to turret improvements and other considerations.
M1 is already quite front heavy with the DU turret inserts, increasing volume of the front hull is nigh impossible without reducing the already limited driver’s space or extending the hull forward which would be clearly visible.

I’ve seen this, they never adopted this improved armour (no proof to say they did).
When you look at the citation, you’ll see you can’t even find it online.
It may even have been armour intended for TTB.

There’s budget lists for every FY from 1996 that you can go through, they list what parts are being changed in some detail except from like 2009 on or something like that.
https://www.asafm.army.mil/Budget-Materials/#fy-20002001
They don’t list hull armour improvement when they start upgrading to SEPs.
Only things like driver’s hatch interlock etc.

We’re actually still waiting on the 250% CE upgrade to turret sides that got bug reported on dev server amusingly enough.

4 Likes

The stats thing was more about the M1, which paints a totally different picture. (top are mine, bottom are yours)

Which were only added in late 2021 and 2022. After which Gaijin started to address other SPAA holes. They are identifying SPAA holes in different trees and than just yeet 2-3 new SPAAs into that hole to fill it up in close succession.

This already happened with the US 9.0-11.7 hole, the Britain/Russia/Japan mid tier hole and is now being done to France.

The ones tested were different from the ones offered in terms of protection.

So for the SEPv2 we know it has DU as the SEP had DU, which shared the same hull as the M1A1 SA, which we know has DU as per one of the sources Count_Trackula provided earlier. I’m not sure how this does anything other than suggest the SEPv2 has DU.

1 Like

So from the second day of me owning the SEPv2 ( first day was mostly queueing with Germany) until now my winrate has dropped 19%.

I guess the effect of that reload is kicking any time now right? Right?

4 Likes

Welcome to Challenger 2 club where you have faster reload so you must be better right

2 Likes

Having now played the 2A7V for a decent amount, it honestly feels unfair to play tanks like the wA7V and Strv 122s.

They feel so ridiculously strong and survivable, and here I play against Arietes, Leclercs, Merkava Mk.4s, Type 10s, Challengers and Abramses that are all super easy to one shot. I wouldn’t really call any of them survivable anymore at all lol.

6 Likes

Arietes have it the worst its harder to not pen them then to pen them

2 Likes

the spall line we have is only on the upper front plate and turret so it doesn’t protect much

funny how the leopard supposedly did the worst in the test but was chosen in the end lol or is it backwards stating 1place gets 1 and the winner is the one with the lowest points? honestly reads very confusing to me

remember how the whole german community said its to early for the 2A7V and that is not even with gajin giving its whole capabilities. Spall liners was a mistake of gajin, initialy only wanting to give them to the T-90M was just stupid. Leopard being the biggest western export just made it well known and the easiest to find information on

Problem is now the beast it let loose so to say and of course we gonna try to get it as close to its original

5 Likes

The beast is strong

Yes, it’s not points, it’s placement.

ahhh thanks for clarifiyng, they realy could have choosen a better way to display that but oh well

Ahh but what you don’t see is the amount of RP i’ve gotten. My playstyle with the M1 Abrams is to get RP, not try to pixel hunt a T80 BVM or a leo 2a5 in a tank that can’t even survive a hit, which is why its over tiered and should even be over 9.7, oh and i respawn multiple times in a match with my abrams, not once.

You quite litterally pointed out the pattern here. They identify a gap in their opinion and then overbombard it with new SPAA. After that they move on to another gap.

The US 9.0-11.7 SPAA gap that used to exist is also a prime example of this.

My point is, the US has had that gap for nearly as long as Russia and for longer then both France and the UK, and yet they will be one of the last to get an SPAA addition.

Also Gaijin has known about the US SPAA issue for a while as it has been a decent topic for a while, remember Gaijin’s attempt to “fix” the US’s SPAA issue was by adding in the M42 and M19s alternating fire:

You really are delusional if you think this, or have a massive skill issue.

It’s litterally already one of the best 10.3 MBTs in game.

Also what kind of stat is RP earned? So you just hide in the back all day waiting for people to leave you alone so you can cap points?

Gaijin can always nerf the reload like what they did when the 2A6 and 122B got added and stomped hard, seeing as reload changes have always been a balancing tool.

Same for ammo, it’s fine to leave it with DM53 as ammo is also a balancing tool.

I don’t disagree that it should be in game at least somewhat reflecting reality, but don’t be suprised to see nerfs on certain stats.