Answering your concerns regarding spall liners, MBTs and Aircraft

This is huge, have you posted this in the abrams hull discussion?

1 Like

@Count_Trackula I know youve been big on this count, not sure if youve seen this. Shows that the “swedish” Abrams that Gaijin is obsessed with, of course didnt even use DU…

3 Likes

obraz_2023-12-25_124332401
from French sources

4 Likes

Yea I have read that pretty interesting, side note, it seems this Marc Chassillan person is the reason the Leclerc will not get an improved reload i.e. Gaijin is using something he wrote to stop the Leclerc from getting an improved reload, because apparently in one of his books he states the Leclerc only has a fire rate of 10 rounds per minute:

https://img-forum-wt-com.cdn.gaijin.net/original/3X/1/3/132cee2699412bcb39e5320efbac2c303caa4c60.png

Also there are some caveats though to what Marc wrote in these tables as there are some pretty weird issues with what is written, for instance on the Challenger 2E the first line in the advantage part states something along the lines (google translate):

“Very precise long barrel for long-range shooting distance”

Right next to it in the disadvantage section it then states:

“Very average shooting results, in particular for shooting on the move on a moving target”

Makes me wonder if he meant to put the precise long barrel for long-range shooting part with the Abrams as most of what is in these tables lines up with what was written here.

Also it looks like he mixed up the Leclers and Leopards firing precision as well, because only the Leo seems to have achieved a perfect score during the firing tests, but yea there are a few things that don’t line up with the Greek article or with the scores given by the Hellenic Army.

2 Likes

Side note, this is the new report with primary sources: Community Bug Reporting System

2 Likes

Funny how Gaijin is able to deny sources they don’t like when they find something to confusing or unreliable. But when they can cherry-pick something that doesn’t line up with anything else and has already been disproven, they cling to it like it’s gospel.

3 Likes

Do you think Gaijin will be fair and honest? Not trying to be sardonic here, I’m just wondering if we can even trust them to be fair and honest with the process.

4 Likes

*turret roof

2 Likes

I think it may come from the achievement of Challenger 1 from the Gulf War, which has already become a “legend”

1 Like

The better question to ask is; When have they ever been fair and honest?

5 Likes

it is possible that this is a mistake or bias.
obraz_2023-12-25_174517335
obraz_2023-12-25_174527606
,mass. The Litochoro shooting range is criss-crossed by water troughs due to the sloping relief and presents a variety of terrain, varying between stony and bushy with “planter” stones which is representative of several Greek territories, but is the ultimate difficulty for the systems stabilization. The chariots were “forced” to move at the same speed outside the routes, but the speed deliberately chosen was considerably higher than the terrain at first sight allowed. In this particular test, the chariots of eastern origin lagged behind dramatically. From the west, the LEO 2A5S distinguished itself by achieving absolute accuracy, which proved the excellent functioning of the stabilization system, the SEP and the tank as a whole as an integrated weapon system. Very close to the Leopard was the M1A2, followed by the Leclerc in third place and the Challenger in fourth place.
It is worth referring to how the effectiveness and good operation of the braking system was checked. The companies were informed to maintain their tanks and were subjected to a test where (on a flat asphalt surface) the tank was expected to reach its maximum speed, then come to a complete stop using only the brake system and immediately restart for the next braking for 10 consecutive times. The two tanks of eastern origin were not able to complete the test, because simply after some repetitions they did not brake. From the west, Leclerc, LEO 2A5S and M1A2 performed excellently in turn."

1 Like

Challenger 2E was supposed to achieve such poor results because of ammunition.
obraz_2023-12-25_175627663

2 Likes

I’d read that there were some very suspicious happenings around this event. Some of it gets tinfoil, but any truth to sabotage or kneecapping? I’d read that the French got in trouble when they were trying to show off their electronic warfare capabilities by jamming GPS of competing tanks during the navigation phase.

Also, apparently some customs and import drama involving the American ammunition arriving on time. Been told that the British ammo was used with improper propellant amounts. Hearsay and speculation is how I got this info, so not sure if you’ve heard or read the same.

obraz_2023-12-25_180204898
corruption is standard during such tests XD

2 Likes

but Leopard 2 performed very well during these tests, so I’m not surprised that it won.
Each manufacturer provided its own well-trained crews, as if the Greek ones were failing.

2 Likes

I heard that some German companies bribed Greek bankers, but I don’t know if KMW was involved

1 Like

https://corruption-tracker.org/case/greek-land-forces-and-german-bribery

Apparently yes.

2 Likes

supposedly they used L14 charges instead of L12…

1 Like

Renzo…

2 Likes

I think they used older penetrators too.

Also the French set up signal jammers which interfered with the electronics of some tanks. I don’t remember which ones they were though.

1 Like