American F-15E Strike Eagle Engines

Literally no reason to gimp it in this way. It will preform perfectly fine with the extra thrust.

1 Like

the ground balance is completely out of the window, with the new toys even copy pasting the pantsir to all trees would not be enough
the pantsir and tor-m1 are now the bare minimum of how top tier AA should be

Zoom levels are quite close to litening. A bit worser zoom, but way higher(narrow) WFOV mode

1 Like

View angles are pretty much the same for any TGP of the same style as Lantirn. Zoom levels aren’t that bad on Lantirn either, but yes it’s worse than Litening in that regard.

1 Like

I get it, you weren’t a crew chief so you’re used to having them do everything for you, but really?

It has them in-game so clearly it’s not “as built in 87”. The same way it has JHMCS! Definitely didn’t have that with a sticker on the window.

Sorry, I figured 87-169 never received the 229s. I know MoHo has both and being one of the oldest would be unmodified. But if you’re saying it does have 229s now, then there is even less reason for it to have 220s ingame!

3 Likes

lmao, but no one cares about the F15I lacking of SPICE series and AGM142 bombs, he sure no Mavericks, i don’t think the better armed F15E should have F100-229.

3 Likes

Took MC training from one of our 7 levels, I could do the job but I’m already past that point.

As I’m saying for the third time

I understand that CCs are illiterate, but you don’t have to try and prove it to me.

It did, eventually. That’s what happens when a good engine gets gimped by funds. Our unit still carries 220s in stock, and we got 42+s in the '90s.
I don’t quite see it as less of a reason, as almost every F-15 has been upgraded at this point. It already has many upgrades found on the EX, and at this point it takes away the novelty of legacy aircraft.

Actually, multiple people in the other F-15E thread were in favor of both giving the F-15I (AGM-65s or domestic weapons that fill the same role, even though Gaijin seems to hate that idea) and giving the F-15E the -229 engine.

Why should both planes be gimped in different ways if they could both reach the same performance if Gaijin would just allow them to.

12 Likes

Have fun, AAQ-19 limitations be upon ye.

Have Nap would be a great addition, though, and it has a hilarious name.

1 Like

Right, the stronger engines were phased in (with a version that has to predate the one we are given ingame considering its access to the SDBs for example) precisely because of its strengthened airframe and normally default installation of CFTs increase the mass so much that its slower than your typical F-15C even with the stronger engines

the f-15 and 16 can become like 5 different aircraft if you change the skin on them, since when has an arbitrary paintjob had anything to do with stats?

2 Likes

The fact that people are calling it ahistorical and saying it isn’t the “right engines” is the exact reason why I mentioned it.

1 Like

And as someone pointed out the HMD would put it in place to mount a better TGP. So your argument has been weak all across the board the most successful you have been in here is just insulting.

1 Like

Being the upgrade came over time, and even though the entire fleet did not receive the upgrade, it would be a good move for balance to give the E the 229 upgrade.

“The F-15E is powered by two Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 or 229 engines that incorporate advanced digital technology for improved performance. For example, with a digital electronic engine control system, F-15E pilots can accelerate from idle power to maximum afterburner in less than four seconds, a 40 percent improvement over the previous engine control system. Faster engine acceleration means quicker takeoffs and crisper response while maneuvering. The F100-PW-220 engines can produce 50,000 pounds of thrust (25,000 each) and the F100-PW-229 engines 58,000 pounds of thrust (29,000 each).” af.mil

2 Likes

Lets remember to keep this thread civil, and not devolve into vulgarities or insults.

2 Likes

Just like how it uses the 120Cs today as well. Can’t have it both ways :)

3 Likes

It also uses F-22. Your point?

Yeah, and they’re probably going to add 3 other real-life skins that suggest otherwise. When have camos ever dictated a vehicles performance in game???

3 Likes

I agree with this. I think the difference between PW-F100-220 and 229 is huge and there’s no reason why one side can’t get it. It’s also good to pay 229 for F-15E in the US and Maverick for F-15E in Israel. I don’t want equipment to be discriminated against between countries. Paying PW-F100-229 to only one side seems to be a clear discrimination. Please Gaijin see this vote and change the decision.

19 Likes

Wrong, it recieved -229s since the mid 1990s. Yes, some Strike Eagles were not fitted with the -229 engine since very recently, but a majority of Strike Eagles had the -229 upgrade since its introduction. You may also be talking about the -229EEP, first introduced in the 2000s, which was a slightly upgraded version meant to increase engine life span and such. The point stands, though, as most F-15Es still had the -229 engine before the this decade, and even some before the F-15I.

8 Likes