I believe so. But It may have only been to other MiG-31s (?) I’m not sure.
But N035 100% can DL other missiles. And considering how insane that radar is atm it would greatly benefit Red Side.
I believe so. But It may have only been to other MiG-31s (?) I’m not sure.
But N035 100% can DL other missiles. And considering how insane that radar is atm it would greatly benefit Red Side.
Cluster Containers and Bombs?
I’m talking about what he said for flankers being able to do it
Ohhh.
Yeah, as far as I know Flankers share datalink with one another. Even for missiles.
While I see a lot of updates for high tier Nuclear Escalation, what’s gonna be done so aircraft with no CCIP/CCRP and flareless actually have a chance in lower tier? Currently is just dogfighting in the middle of a field until you can get a nuke and actually do something against the AA in the deposits
There are also several aircraft that serve no purpose in their current brackets because they are overtiered in ARB and are swollen to a bracket where they are outclassed by other aircraft for example Q-5A and Mitsubishi F-1
If the accuracy of the AA is not gonna be nerfed is fine I guess but might as well model their limitations like I have mentioned in the other thread, M163 shouldn’t be firing at 3000 rpm in full auto and should be lowered to 1000 rpm
Mind you all of this can be shoved to the side with the simple “just play something else” but then what’s the point of adding an entire new game mode if all you are gonna be playing is the same meta aircraft from ARB and secondary aircraft still just serve as cannon fodder
Well you heard wrong.
Mig31 can communicate using ADP518 system to guide and share data without issue btw 4 mig31
While flanker get a weaker but larger TKS-2 to be able to guide share btw a full 16 flanker in the recommended range
Cluster munitions most likely
Oh well, transport planes and helicopters as playable units instead of AI convoys? Thats great! I was in doubt would you try to add transport vehicles to the game, but it seems, that you are ready to dive into this, its so cool, it opens up possibilities for many things! I hope one day there will be ground escalation where you could even add engineering vehicles and such. Ah, the brave new WT, I love what you do with the game, finally, new gameplay!!
I would temper my expectations, if I were you.
Considering that these aircraft and especially transport helicopters would have no use in regular air battles and in ground battles, these will likely be much more simple planes and helicopters with little to no armament.
I could definitely see stuff like properly armed AC-130s in the future, but not for now
The hellfires too. It has been years since they were added, yet they STILL don’t loft nearly enough. They also are missing a large part of their range because they detonate the second they have traveled 8km despite having plenty of guidance time and energy left. If they were allowed to travel for their full guidance time, they could travel 10.5-11km, which lines up with their stated real world capability.
Nuclear Escalation is amazing, and I cant thank the team at Gaijin enough.
1 criticism I have is the BMP and the M163 are oppressive. Their accuracy is cranked to 100 and it should be 10. The 2S6 are bad as well but not nearly as bad as being 1 shot by vehicles that never could have done that. This needs changed, especially for lower BR planes.
For the missiles datalink?
What else would it be ?
Oh my goodness I am so excited to try this!! I remember suggesting it a while ago and I’m so happy to hear it’s being worked on :)
I would like to suggest some more work be done on the marker and reward systems as well. I believe that all targets should be marked until destroyed, and that their last known location should be given when a target is moving. This would allow for planes with longer range payloads to be more effective, as right now a lot of your targets are destroyed before your munitions reach them due. Being able to target more secluded/well defended warehouses and such would fix this I believe.
Please also improve the reward logic for ground and naval targets. Right now, I believe naval targets yield essentially no RP. I also believe that all ground targets yield the same rewards, whether they’re warehouses, AA, or convoy vehicles (please correct me if I’m wrong). I feel like higher value targets should have higher rewards.
Still, the mode is awesome and I’ve been greatly enjoying it lately. Keep up the great work!!!
Low-altitude anti-ship missiles (ASMs) already pose a difficult interception target for semi-active homing surface-to-air missile systems due to the “multypath effect.” However, to exploit this characteristic, the missile must be launched from a relatively short range—25–30 km—allowing it to descend almost immediately to its minimum altitude (around 3 meters). If launched from a greater distance (50–80 km), the missile maintains a higher altitude during the initial phase of its trajectory and risks being shot down by destroyers at a range of 30–40 km.
At such low flight altitudes, only guns and line-of-sight guided missiles are effective against these ASMs.
love you BVV_D
Could just be the target marking and then one flanker using that to point radar in right direction, that would be technically guidance help
In this regard: Are similar changes for IIR missiles (like the IRIS-T and AIM-9X) planned too? In opposition to non-IIR missiles, these missiles target vulnerable weak-points by image-recognition and not just the hottest area/the engine.
Hello, I would like to discuss a potential new mechanic. Some countries especially France did not use the typical method of destroying SAMs with ARMs like the US and Russia, instead they used ESM/RWR to obtain 3D coordinates of hostile radar emissions in order to send weapons such as GPS bombs towards the targets for destruction. Yet this mechanic is not in-game and is not detailed in this blog post as potentially being added.
When will this feature be added? Here’s a report that details this feature and includes primary sources:
Rafale’s RWR should be able to create sensor point-of-interest // Gaijin.net // Issues
Without this feature, top-tier vehicles such as the Rafale which is used by France and Israel/Greece are left without a way to properly target enemy SAM vehicles for destruction above the limit of the targeting pod (30km) while the US and Russia are able to launch at enemy SAM vehicles in the safe ranges of around 100km or more.
BVV_d, thank you for your response on this issue. While we are on the topic of missiles that lack a proximity fuse, are there any plans to give the AIM-4A/C/D Falcons to the F-102A Delta Dagger? Currently, the developers think these missiles are inferior to the AIM-4F/G. However, we disagree, as our findings from primary sources show that the AIM-4A/C/D have the upper hand in speed over the AIM-4F/G missiles.
We have provided constructive feedback on the state of the F-102A in-game, and we hope you read and review it. Here’s the topic with our evidence to back up our points:
Again, thank you.