One of the things I hated in the other game was getting tracked. Somehow, miraculously, in the heat of battle, your loader got out of the tank and put the track on all by his lonesome! A feet that takes in tire crew too accomplish. Please, if you get tracked, stay tracked. If it's damaged, let it stay damaged through out the skirmish.
  • Upvote 1
medal

This probably good for realistic battles or full real battles, but for arcade, not so much fun. 

Also other things happen that end the game for you quick. Turret gets hit and can't move. ( it does not repair itself like WOT). Engine gets hit ( you can't move, your done. )

For Arcade mode, its pretty realistic so far. 

Edited by GrayFox01
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

One of the things I hated in the other game was getting tracked. Somehow, miraculously, in the heat of battle, your loader got out of the tank and put the track on all by his lonesome! A feet that takes in tire crew too accomplish. Please, if you get tracked, stay tracked. If it's damaged, let it stay damaged through out the skirmish.

First: That would be gamewise stupid.

Second: Tank crews DID jumped out of the tank into the fire to fix the track of the tank.

However, a German artillery shell exploded into her tank's tracks, halting her advance. Mariya and a fellow crewman jumped out to repair the track, while their fellow crew members gave the covering fire from the tank's turret. After a while, Mariya fixed the tank track

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I think two DD tanks on Omaha beach threw their track, and their crews jumped out to attempt to fix them, whilst under fire.

Edited by RoflSeal
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

^^ Basically what the two above said.  Fixing tracks is no were near as quick as it is in WoT however.  I think I get something like 20 seconds PER TRACK for a fix, and that is with an ace crew with max repair skills.  On the plus side, you are not as vulnerable if your tracked in WT.  As long as one track is operational, you can use either forward or reverse to turn your tank, which will rotate using the broken track as the axis.

Edited by Unit757
medal medal medal

20 seconds to fix one track is way too short, it can be like that in arcade wich seems to be WOT+, but for Historical/Simulator Battles it should be wayy longer / probably not even possible depending how much the track is damaged. Furthermore i hope there won't be any "magic toolbox" like in WoT that can fix anything instantly.

medal

You blow a track, you are not going to get going quick, sure, they might start working on it, if it's a fierce fight, they will get cut down. I was not referring to arcade. I have had my fill of WoT and it's bullcrap!
medal

I think if my memory serves me correct, it took 2-3 min to fix the tracks in RB during the latest test. That's with max crew skills.

Historically it varied very much between tanks and depended on how extensive the damage was. Some could disengage damaged rollers so they could continue on by just repairing the actual threads until they got out of combat.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Please, for the sake of gameplay, stop having ideas...

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Better solution is, tracks can be repairable after the combat ends.

Like in wow where you cant drink and eat (regen health and mana), while in combat...

Better solution is, tracks can be repairable after the combat ends.

Like in wow where you cant drink and eat (regen health and mana), while in combat...

the best way to do it is actually have the selected crew members jump out of the tank and do the repairs. Offcourse as they do that they'd be vaulrnable to enemy fire but it would be your choice whether you want to risk it or not.

medal

And age restriction will be 18+, i really doubt they will implement such things...

I think the best solution is when your tank is not taking any damage in like 5 seconds to start repairing broken/damaged modules.

the best way to do it is actually have the selected crew members jump out of the tank and do the repairs. Offcourse as they do that they'd be vaulrnable to enemy fire but it would be your choice whether you want to risk it or not.

Thank you! Yes! I can agree to that.

medal

And age restriction will be 18+, i really doubt they will implement such things...

I think the best solution is when your tank is not taking any damage in like 5 seconds to start repairing broken/damaged modules.

this is a very common and perfectly logical argument.

However 2 things are true:

1. we already have killable infantry in single missions.

2. we have been promised visible crew on open-topped tanks.

While the game might not state it clearly (it will most likely do the same bullshit as with plane pilot getting unconcious or tank crews getting "wounded" as in cbt right now) or animate it clearly (no blood for sure, perhaps they'll just stop moving as with bombers or dissapear) it is perfectly obvious that visible crew will die when shot. So they might as well die while trying to repair tracks.

========

sidenote: the sad part is that (judging from gameplay vids) this barely matters - as even with 4/5 of your crew members dead the vehicle remains fully operational. Not even a pause beetween driving and shooting. extremly dissapointing.

medal

THIS.

I can agree to this, I just don't want this to be another WoT where you hit a freaking button and you are rolling again. I want freaking realism! I want to smell gunpowder and dead horses! 

Tank Recovery would be cool as hell! Just imagine someone screaming medic!

medal

Recovery vehicle is rather bad idea.Imagine you get into battle and let's say there will be 1 vehicle like this per team.You get matched with some troll that won't do his job so you will end badly.Think there should be some timer saying ""your track will be repaired in xx time" and by this time your crew performance should be lowered or you or something.
medal medal medal

I can agree to this, I just don't want this to be another WoT where you hit a freaking button and you are rolling again. I want freaking realism! I want to smell gunpowder and dead horses! 

Tank Recovery would be cool as hell! Just imagine someone screaming medic!

Bergepanther en route!

Bergepanther_Ausf._A.jpg

• Upvote 1

Recovery vehicle is rather bad idea.Imagine you get into battle and let's say there will be 1 vehicle like this per team.You get matched with some troll that won't do his job so you will end badly.Think there should be some timer saying ""your track will be repaired in xx time" and by this time your crew performance should be lowered or you or something.

Why not both? The recovery vehicle gets rewards from retrieving and repairing vehicles, and does it faster than the tank crew.

The recovery vehicle could pull immobilized tanks to safety!

Like here!

bergepanther_d.jpg

Edited by Jorma_Sarvanto
  • Upvote 2

Why not both? The recovery vehicle gets rewards from retrieving and repairing vehicles, and does it faster than the tank crew(and can pull the tank to safety)

Well this option sounds good.
medal medal medal

It's comparable to the damaged planes limping and crash landing to the base for repairs, except this time the base comes to you!

Yeah i understand.Anyway this types of vehicles would be very useful and important in RB.
medal medal medal