TANKS - HOW ARE GAIJIN GOING TO MAKE IT WORK?

I can think of the I-185 for instance, or FW 190 D12

True... they are both prototypes.... merci, mon ami

while XP50 and XP55 are not included into regular TT, they are both Premiums, and Premiums are either  prototypes or captured planes, from the very beginning of this game.

I can think of the I-185 for instance, or FW 190 D12

The G8 as well. There are multiple prototypes in the preliminary tank tech tree.

Oh yeah, and Gaijin just released a Q&A stating that vehicles with prototype upgrades will be included.

The G8 as well. There are multiple prototypes in the preliminary tank tech tree.

Oh yeah, and Gaijin just released a Q&A stating that vehicles with prototype upgrades will be included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-G42oVxNJc

Here we come WoT v.2.0

Edited by Jorma_Sarvanto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-G42oVxNJc
Here we come WoT v.2.0

No, not really. They will be real vehicles, that were made. Gaijin has only allowed upgrades to those tanks that were planned, but not carried out for some reason or another. For example, the Tiger II with the 105 mm gun. I would assume that full prototypes are going to (mostly) remain premiums, occasionally being in the grind-able tree for balancing.

Besides, there are far, far more features that seperate WT and WoT that will never change.
  • Upvote 1

I think you are wrong: both 10.5 cm Tiger II and Panther II were both prototypes... if Gaijin keeps in respecting its policy, prototypes can be added to Premiums only, that is, you'll not have them in regular Tank Tree....otherwise, we'll have another WoT.

Here they are in the preliminary Tech Tree http://warthunder.com/upload/image/media/tanks/!ger_tank_tree_eng.jpg I am pretty sure they are going to be regular tanks buyable with Silver Lions.

medal medal medal medal

Gaijin has only allowed upgrades to those tanks that were planned, but not carried out for some reason or another. 

True, if they make the Panther II the exception to the rule

If they include the Panther II to the rule, then the logic falls apart

Surely the EASIEST way to “balance” all these varying tanks is simply….cost.

Cost to purchase and more importantly cost to Repair.

If we take the Tiger I for example…as a late 1942 tank (if memory serves) it can face a mix of much lighter tanks but also the IS tanks. However, as a balancing (and actually realistic) mechanism we can make the tank expensive to buy and crew in the first instance (this reflects that Tigers were given to the PREMIUM crews & actually were expensive to build)…THEN…we make the repair costs very high (again, this reflects the high repair cost in reality of such a beast and helps to replicate all the breakdowns they suffered).

These factors will limit players using them, and when they use them they will play far more conservatively to avoid a repair cost that could…in arcade for example…wipe out any profit you might normally had made.

Its simple…adds some realism…and encourages players to THINK about how to use the tanks.

Conversely make tanks such as PzIV’s and T-34’s cheap to buy and run!

Again THIS encourages players to field lower strength tanks naturally…who’d play a moneypit of a tank when you can earn good using something more disposable unless you’re really dedicated?

This method balances all tanks against all others….lighter tanks such as those for the majority of the tech trees (Japan, USA etc) can be thrown at the enemy more readily (realistic?). Heavier tanks must be used more carefully and their loss felt fare more greatly (again…realistic?).

If people complains "OMGZ TIGER SOZ EXPENSIVE" ...surely the response is "YOU HAVE A TIGER TANK!!! LEARN TO PLAY" LoL

Another way to balance tech trees such as Japan in particular would be to place a block to them facing Soviet or German tech trees…a bit harsh and not the method I’d use but a possible route. 

Edited by Quinch1199

Further to above, I really HOPE that tanks such as the Korean Era T-54 etc only face US & UK tanks.

I really…REALLY want Gaijin to implement a hard block on Tiger II’s facing tanks 10 years newer…if they want any realism in the game.

YES…this unhappy thing happens already…BUT IT SHOULDN’T…German late war jets should, in my opinon, face late war jets….they are there for them to fight so why not!??

262’s etc should only face Metors or early Soviet Jets…not MiG-15’s!

Surely the EASIEST way to “balance” all these varying tanks is simply….cost.

Cost to purchase and more importantly cost to Repair.

If we take the Tiger I for example…as a late 1942 tank (if memory serves) it can face a mix of much lighter tanks but also the IS tanks. However, as a balancing (and actually realistic) mechanism we can make the tank expensive to buy and crew in the first instance (this reflects that Tigers were given to the PREMIUM crews & actually were expensive to build)…THEN…we make the repair costs very high (again, this reflects the high repair cost in reality of such a beast and helps to replicate all the breakdowns they suffered).

These factors will limit players using them, and when they use them they will play far more conservatively to avoid a repair cost that could…in arcade for example…wipe out any profit you might normally had made.

Its simple…adds some realism…and encourages players to THINK about how to use the tanks.

Conversely make tanks such as PzIV’s and T-34’s cheap to buy and run!

Again THIS encourages players to field lower strength tanks naturally…who’d play a moneypit of a tank when you can earn good using something more disposable unless you’re really dedicated?

This method balances all tanks against all others….lighter tanks such as those for the majority of the tech trees (Japan, USA etc) can be thrown at the enemy more readily (realistic?). Heavier tanks must be used more carefully and their loss felt fare more greatly (again…realistic?).

If people complains "OMGZ TIGER SOZ EXPENSIVE" ...surely the response is "YOU HAVE A TIGER TANK!!! LEARN TO PLAY" LoL

Another way to balance tech trees such as Japan in particular would be to place a block to them facing Soviet or German tech trees…a bit harsh and not the method I’d use but a possible route. 

The "Balancing by Cost" is not really that effective in this game (or any game for that matter), if a tank is really good then it will be played regardless of cost of repair, specially if the tank pretty much pays itself.

I am not into changing characteristics of the machines to bring "balance" (you know, Wargaming style), but the repair cost is really something not prohibitive in this game, specially if you have a premium plane, account or both. Tiering should be done correctly to provide a fair match for everyone without pushing too hard the historical plausibility, so Tiger vs IS-1 is good, Tiger vs IS-3 is a no-no, hell even Tiger II vs IS-3 is kind of stretching it. 

I truly hope they don't fall into the Wargaming way of thinking, I don't want the IS-3 to be given a BL-3 gun that it never received at the time it's oponents were conceived (Tiger II), likewise I don't want the Tigers to be given some kind of magic armor or have it's armor values "Changed for the sake of balance".

medal medal medal medal

The "Balancing by Cost" is not really that effective in this game (or any game for that matter), if a tank is really good then it will be played regardless of cost of repair, specially if the tank pretty much pays itself.

I am not into changing characteristics of the machines to bring "balance" (you know, Wargaming style), but the repair cost is really something not prohibitive in this game, specially if you have a premium plane, account or both. Tiering should be done correctly to provide a fair match for everyone without pushing too hard the historical plausibility, so Tiger vs IS-1 is good, Tiger vs IS-3 is a no-no, hell even Tiger II vs IS-3 is kind of stretching it. 

I truly hope they don't fall into the Wargaming way of thinking, I don't want the IS-3 to be given a BL-3 gun that it never received at the time it's oponents were conceived (Tiger II), likewise I don't want the Tigers to be given some kind of magic armor or have it's armor values "Changed for the sake of balance".

The other option is a tight tier system of match maker BUT that then may prohibit tanks like the Tiger I facing the tanks it was historically meant to face.

I believe the cost could be an effective tool, of course as you say, with a premium account, other premium vehicles you can recoup costs BUT to make it such a cash sink (that you can’t hope to recoup costs even with a 10 tank kill streak!) it would mean the majority of players would think seriously about not fielding it.

I’m with you, I want a system of balancing that doesn’t mean there are fantasy figures used or fantasy armour abilities or ammunition abilities and nor do I want Tigers to be the only tanks IS’s face!

It has to be a natural balance I feel.

The other option is a tight tier system of match maker BUT that then may prohibit tanks like the Tiger I facing the tanks it was historically meant to face.

I believe the cost could be an effective tool, of course as you say, with a premium account, other premium vehicles you can recoup costs BUT to make it such a cash sink (that you can’t hope to recoup costs even with a 10 tank kill streak!) it would mean the majority of players would think seriously about not fielding it.

I’m with you, I want a system of balancing that doesn’t mean there are fantasy figures used or fantasy armour abilities or ammunition abilities and nor do I want Tigers to be the only tanks IS’s face!

It has to be a natural balance I feel.

Look at it this way. Does having a high repair cost impact the gameplay? Will it stop that increadibly expensive tank from just rolfstomping every thing in its path when it is used? If the answer is no, then balancing through cost is NOT a solution.

(please do not quote any WOT nonsense here please)

LIke the Panther II?  Yes the Frankentank made of prototype turrets and USA magic.

Edit:

Balance by cost? Its the most P2W move in the book.

Play the ubermachine Tiger II using the "paper upgrade" 105mm gun. Die? No problem buy 10000 GE and play all die...using GE for SL is the most &/()= things to do...but ppl like the OP candy...

Edited by Montykoro
medal

LIke the Panther II?  Yes the Frankentank made of prototype turrets and USA magic.

Edit:

Balance by cost? Its the most P2W move in the book.

Play the ubermachine Tiger II using the "paper upgrade" 105mm gun. Die? No problem buy 10000 GE and play all die...using GE for SL is the most &/()= things to do...but ppl like the OP candy...

Care to try that in English please?

medal

Care to try that in English please?

No.

But, i resume in:

Balance ubertonk using the "cost" its useless, some guys will buy GE to make SL, so the "balance" its lost. Pw2 at full.

medal

I am not worry about Nation that got no high tier tank.

Like Italia ........ no high tier tank to fight Those IS-2 :Os etc...   Well they will have the Vittorio Veneto !!!  :lol:

Italy may stand their ground against IS-2s:

Semovente_105_25.jpg

I doubt they'd do well against IS-3s though.

Also, 90 of these were made, just for you guys complaining about paper tanks.

medal

Italy may stand their ground against IS-2s:

Semovente_105_25.jpg

I doubt they'd do well against IS-3s though.

Also, 90 of these were made, just for you guys complaining about paper tanks.

105 mm Howitzer will ruin your day.

not sure though, but did it have HESH rounds for it?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

For the guys talking about MM, it's quite simple:

1) Give teams X amount of points;

2) A T-34 for example costs 100 points, while a Tiger I would cost something like 300 points;

3) MM balances the game so that both teams reach the X amount of points and this way, more powerful tanks will either meet equally powerful enemies or be outnumbered because the cheaper T-34 will allow the Russians to have more players than you do.

Everyone is happy, all is balanced.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

105 mm Howitzer will ruin your day.

not sure though, but did it have HESH rounds for it?

Maybe.

medal

• 2 weeks later...