Polikarpov I-185 (M-82)

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the FM for the I-185 is currently way off in 1.37.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob6n1bMwb40[/media]

It's overperforming in several areas. Like the speed is for the M71 engine version, but that's just one area. Info and data in the video.

• Upvote 8

It looks like the FM for the I-185 is currently way off in 1.37.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob6n1bMwb40[/media]

It's overperforming in several areas. Like the speed is for the M71 engine version, but that's just one area. Info and data in the video.

Climbing to 5k without WEP yielded 5 min 30s for me, meaning if I had WEP'd at low alt like they did in real life, I probably would have reached a climb speed slightly higher than the quoted time here (5.1 or 5.2 min rather than 5.4). Seems pretty accurate.

We have a thread where we discussed that video, and Walrus makes some incorrect statements. You don't have to post this video everywhere while ignoring the thread, it's very misleading.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

We have a thread where we discussed that video, and Walrus makes some incorrect statements. You don't have to post this video everywhere while ignoring the thread, it's very misleading.

I posted it in that thread, and this one. That hardly seems that I posted the video "everywhere", let alone "ignoring" the other thread, where I did post it as well. 2 times = Everywhere? Who's being misleading?

Normally Crouching is very good with his analysis of aircraft. I felt it was worth posting here, just as I posted the P-38 analysis he did in the P-38 Datasheet section.

• Upvote 7

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So... I did research on some planes in War Thunder and I found out only 4 I-185s were built and each had a different engine. I also found out that after the fourth plane, Russia scrapped the project as the planes did not perform very well. I know there are a lot of "paper" planes in War Thunder, but I've found pretty reliable sources for data on these planes and have no issue with them. As for this plane, I found nothing reliable. I'd like to know where the info for this plane came from, and I would like to see it for myself. I do understand that this plane fills the gap between the I-16 and the MiGs and I love the plane in game (it's not op but it's not under powered), but I want some form of documentation of the performance of this plane other than Wikipedia. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So... I did research on some planes in War Thunder and I found out only 4 I-185s were built and each had a different engine. I also found out that after the fourth plane, Russia scrapped the project as the planes did not perform very well. I know there are a lot of "paper" planes in War Thunder, but I've found pretty reliable sources for data on these planes and have no issue with them. As for this plane, I found nothing reliable. I'd like to know where the info for this plane came from, and I would like to see it for myself. I do understand that this plane fills the gap between the I-16 and the MiGs and I love the plane in game (it's not op but it's not under powered), but I want some form of documentation of the performance of this plane other than Wikipedia.

You have to go on Russian websites.

Try airwar.ru
medal medal medal medal medal

You have to go on Russian websites.

Try airwar.ru

If you have a translation feature in your browser check out these, i especially like the airpages.ru one as its difficult enough to read something thats been google translated and its better organized.

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fww2/i185.html (very large article)

http://www.airpages.ru/ru/i-185.shtml (specific 3 page article i really like and recommend reading, http://www.airpages.ru/dc/i185front.shtml)

Airpages.ru has a english portal but it doesn't contain nearly as many articles, especially in the case of the I-185. 

This specific page mentions different M82 engines variants and the I-185 http://www.airpages.ru/ru/i185_3.shtml, however it seems specifically that it was the case the I-185 only ever was trailed with the M-82A engine, like that of the La-5, rather then the improved M-82F or M-82FN of the La-5F or La-5FN engine.  

Edited by Ottobon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...

any chance that supercharger gear change alts get implemented into these? 

This has the same engine as the La-5, so second supercharger gear change alt should be 3800 m.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

This has the same engine as the La-5, so second supercharger gear change alt should be 3800 m.

it does actually sat it on them ;)under "climb rate"

Edited by Bringo_Gaboso

• 1 month later...

This plane's flight model needs to be updated or revamped. It feels super weird flying it.

I'm pretty sure that the I-185's have long been nerfed to something more historically accurate since this thread was begun. And I think that all of Polikarpov's fighters had unconventional control.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal