So what I'm wondering is if the Caernarvon heavy tank is possible to be in the game. It was essentially a Conqueror with the Centurion turret for trials. The inital prototype had a 17pdr and later limited production had 20pdr. It was later developed into the Conqueror.

I'm wondering if it's likely to see it in the game as an alternative high tier to the Centurion and also armed with the 20pdr, but with higher armor and lower mobility. Yes it wasn't mass produced, but it's more real than many of the tanks in the game.

medal medal medal

More real than many of the tanks in the game? The only tank less real than the Caernavon in the game is the Panther II. 

medal medal medal

More real than many of the tanks in the game? The only tank less real than the Caernavon in the game is the Panther II. 

Let's not forget the Tiger II with 105mm. It also worked better than the T-54 Mod.1947. It can also be easily balanced into the game and the only reasons why it wasn't adopted because the Centurions were better after the later improvements and the need for a heavy tank against the Soviet heavies, leading to the Conqueror.

medal medal medal

Let's just wait and see what we get with ground forces :)

medal medal

What is this, WOT?

So a tank that went into limited production and some were in service with the RAC in [West] Germany... What's wrong there?

medal medal

Let's not forget the Tiger II with 105mm. It also worked better than the T-54 Mod.1947. It can also be easily balanced into the game and the only reasons why it wasn't adopted because the Centurions were better after the later improvements and the need for a heavy tank against the Soviet heavies, leading to the Conqueror.

The caernarvon was never intended to be. The conqueror tank hull developed faster then the turret so to make use of them they were mounted with centurion turrets. They were not well liked and were converted asap.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Its in WoT. (idk why that's bad.)

It's an unwritten rule, we're supposed to shake our heads dismissively everytime WoT is mentioned by respect for the people who didn't like it.

Considering the timeline goes up to the Korean war I'd expect top tier to be the Centurion.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

The first Conqueror was produced in 1955.  Currently, the game's timeline ends in 1953.  We don't know if the timeline will ever be extended or not.

Things to note about FV 221 Caernarvon Mk II: 21 were built, of which at least 7 saw service before being converted to FV 214 Conquerors. It was in service within the date cut off of '53. It has the same hull as FV 214 and the same turret and gun as Centurion Mk III. FV 214, whilst having a slightly lower on-road top speed than A41, was about equal over rough terrain, FV 221 had a lighter (and smaller) turret and gun than FV 214, so expect it to perform better off-road than even the later Centurions we will likely get.

medal medal

tbh the Centurion is all you will ever need in a tank

although a Conqueror would be nice

medal medal

The L7 105mm gun is far past the cut-off date, so do not be so sure that the Centurion is the final answer.

I would very much love to see the Conqueror. And I could see them making the Caernarvon a premium tank like the early Typhoon is. But then they could also do the same with an early Centurion and a few other tanks so who knows.

I am also worried the 20 pdr might not be enough. Though by that point in time the British have made a move to APDS for their AP work.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The L7 105mm gun is far past the cut-off date, so do not be so sure that the Centurion is the final answer.

I would very much love to see the Conqueror. And I could see them making the Caernarvon a premium tank like the early Typhoon is. But then they could also do the same with an early Centurion and a few other tanks so who knows.

I am also worried the 20 pdr might not be enough. Though by that point in time the British have made a move to APDS for their AP work.

Both the L7 and the L1 are beyond the cut off date used for aircraft. Though, with the amount of whinging and crying for the T43E1 (later known as the M103) that's happening on the Yanks' forum we hay have a shout wrt the Conq.

medal medal