wafu_vasco

Second Historical Screenshot Competition

Attack Screenshot Competition: Deadline 0900 GMT Wednesday 11th December

This time we're actually stepping away from fighters and doing something for you bomber, ground attack and maritime strike guys!

Very many thanks to all of the community members who have made suggestions for more Historical Board competitions. All of these ideas are being talked through; following the last decal competition it has been decided to run another screenshot competition as something a bit more inclusive for more participants, before we then go to something more difficult for those with a lot of time to go for the big prizes!

The rules for this competition are similar to our first Historical Screenshot competition; whilst you still have to try to capture the action and excitement of the game, you now have the additional constraint of keeping things as visually realistic as possible within the following guidelines:

- There will be one category for each of the five main in game nations. Again, each participant will be allowed to submit up to TWO screenshots for each of the five nations. However, one of these screenshots must be a 'raw' game screenshot whilst the second is allowed to use post screenshot filters, image editing and external software. The themes:

- Britain: 'RAF Bomber Command'

- Germany 'Stuka Attack'

- Soviet Union 'Tank Busters'

- United States 'Attacking Enemy Shipping'

- Japan 'Airfield Surprise Attack'

- To reiterate, there will be two categories: War Thunder Screenshots and Modified Screenshots. The first category must come directly from the game, the second category allows you to use software, editing effects and external images to modify or enhance your screenshot. A winner will be selected for each ace in both categories, giving a total of ten separate GE prizes.

- We fully appreciate that it is currently not possible to stage a 100% accurate depiction of combat encounters within these themes using War Thunder. However, the idea is to try your best to illustrate each scenario as accurately as possible in your screenshot. We don't expect you to go out and fully research a historical action, but preference will be given to those screenshots which depict a believable encounter. For example, showing a Lancaster carrying out a night straegic bombing raid will be far more suitable than showing a Lancaster fighting over a Pacific Island map against USAF jets.

- Simply post your entries on this thread. The winners will be announced on 11th December and each will be rewarded with 1000 Golden Eagles.

- If you have any further questions or require any clarification, post here and these guidelines will be expanded on to cover any queries.

- Best of luck!

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

"End of the Red Ball Express"

[spoiler]

hKTjXYe.jpg

(I know its a Bearcat, but currently the Devs believe the F6F-3 can't carry Tiny Tim's...)

[/spoiler]

More Soon™TM

Edited by P51VoxelTanker
  • Upvote 1

can they be random screens from HB (for example B-25s going full xxxx against Zeros) or only aranged situations in custom battles?

Edited by MedJay
  • Upvote 1

(Only Japan left)

Britian

[spoiler] Midnight runPajST7A.jpg

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler] "...we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be..." 6ky53km.jpg[/spoiler]

Germany

[spoiler] Flybym13KR36.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler] The Siren

V1mTbbM.jpg[/spoiler]

Russia

[spoiler] Down the street

oPLEMoE.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Gotcha

UG2IPJc.jpg [/spoiler]

America

[spoiler] That's a confirmed hit.

KYc1kgO.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Flyboy down

rZoMClv.jpg[/spoiler]

Japan

[spoiler] Soon™™™? [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Soon™™™? [/spoiler]

Edited by Skogz
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Britain:

"HMS Burnalot, Light Cruiser Wellington Class"

"On an attack mission vs. invading German forces from Overesea.

Opened fire on enemy objects at 1100 with full Starboard-broadside"

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/598140546576590781/E2DDBF9A8B2C57379005FD0B21BC0629AFEB576C/

"Tea Time chaps! You deserved it."

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/468669000937197866/ED82CE9E83D4B93C9CD4139880932D7CA627BE77/

Japan:

"As the blossom fall

the violent sun sits down

to be recured"

-me,noaw

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/468669000937088027/CF2F13FD5654C06B0DB26BA3CAC6FE9F8EE409E6/

Edited by SupermarioPS
  • Upvote 2

"Stuka Attack!"2cfr4uu.jpg"Surprise attack on enemy airfield"FAInMwJ.jpg"Tank Buster!"GH320Jl.jpgRAF Bomber Command (These are all actual players btw :D)

6wJQn6w.jpg

USA "Attacking enemy Shipping"

xXvdelb.jpg

Edited by YippeeKiYay_
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal

Reserved for future use.

Also use spoilers boys and girls.

Britain:

"HMS Burnalot, Light Cruiser Wellington Class"

"On an attack mission vs. invading German forces from Overesea.

Opened fire on enemy objects at 1100 with full Starboard-broadside"

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/598140546576590781/E2DDBF9A8B2C57379005FD0B21BC0629AFEB576C/

LMAO. That should DEFINATELY win!

• Upvote 2

Hello guys!

Right; screenshots don't have to be staged; if you can get a good one from a random encounter, then go for it! From experience from the last competition, some people just found it easier to control all of the variables themselves, considering the extra constraints placed by the screenshot needing to go for historical accuracy. As for quality of picture, just the best you can. There's no need to go for top settings but it might make it look a bit prettier. I'll try to answer any more questions as they arrive.

. As for quality of picture, just the best you can. There's no need to go for top settings but it might make it look a bit prettier.

Well sorry about my pictures then. Because they're about to come out of my potato. Ultra Toaster FTW!

So i have a question, in previous contests i have been allowed a resolution of 3200x900 (screenshot of the week). Will this resolution for the unedited picture be allowed? (i use two screens for this resolution.)

medal medal

I'm sure you know a lot more about the technical implications than I do; are there any potential problems with you submitting screenshots using this resolution? Will people with only one screen still be able to view it normally?

I'm sure you know a lot more about the technical implications than I do; are there any potential problems with you submitting screenshots using this resolution? Will people with only one screen still be able to view it normally?

There are no problems that i currently know of, i did win that other screenshot competition (and obviously was allowed) so im guessing there wont be. Even people with small resolution screens would be able to see it as it would most likely just shrink the image to fit the space. It will just simply be a widescreen picture.

medal medal

[spoiler]y9hs.jpg [/spoiler]

- United States: Attacking the Yamato (Unedited) Edited by MasterKiller666
medal medal

[spoiler] carpet bombingE7UduR0.jpg

Germany

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]dive bombing and shootingpl0UXLn.jpg

United States

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]bombing carrierHlJ5WtM.jpg[/spoiler]

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

My Entry's 

Russia:

"Tank Busted"

[spoiler]

shot20131127213357_zps8add78bc.jpg

[/spoiler]

"In the thick of it"

[spoiler]

shot20131127213504_zps1bbdb09c.jpg

[/spoiler]

• Upvote 1

RESERVED  :salute:

Well, as it didnt have to be necessarily associated to the topic, there I go:

Japan:

[spoiler]wKmziXx.jpg[/spoiler]

Japan 2:

[spoiler] http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/723122241698390746/9437800C31F6BDE4E09FA83E8E40D8EA863A6233/ I've had issues in making this a picture, so just click da link. :p

[/spoiler]

Germany:

[spoiler]

FKDRDmu.jpg[/spoiler]

Germany 2:

[spoiler]

0cnB7mr.jpg[/spoiler]

Didn't use photoshop or any other editor on those screenies, they are all fresh from the game.

Edited by DrECO

unedited screenshots:

[spoiler]

raf-bombas2i6pub.jpg

[/spoiler]

- Germany 'Stuka Attack'

[spoiler]

malta-3mykm6.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

il-2-tankbuster-2uvuh8.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

us-torp-1imu3g.jpg

[/spoiler]

- Japan 'Airfield Surprise Attack' (@ Midway)

[spoiler]

surprise-attack-airfikxpe3.jpg

[/spoiler]

More nice Midway shots here:  http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/79288-hb-midway-combined-arms-tactic-for-japan/

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal

[spoiler]

USA:

6r8o.jpg

0zi3.jpg

Germany:

wav5.jpg

3tdx.jpg

USSR:

0gm3.jpg

cz2h.jpg

Britain:

kher.jpg

ex27.jpg

Japan:

f218.jpg

abzu.jpg

[/spoiler]

All of the screenshots are unedited.

Edited by ShidenXmasKai
  • Upvote 1

unedited screenshots:

[spoiler]

raf-bombas2i6pub.jpg

[/spoiler]

- Germany 'Stuka Attack'

[spoiler]

malta-3mykm6.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

il-2-tankbuster-2uvuh8.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

us-torp-1imu3g.jpg

[/spoiler]

- Japan 'Airfield Surprise Attack' (@ Midway)

[spoiler]

surprise-attack-airfikxpe3.jpg

[/spoiler]

More nice Midway shots here:  http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/79288-hb-midway-combined-arms-tactic-for-japan/

Trommel wins

Fatality.

:b