QuarterNinjaCM

International Aircraft Tree - Let's Build It

First off, we have Poland.  I know I missed some planes, but you can only have so many tier 1 fighters with the exact same or similar armament. 

TEpM6GY.jpg

Lisunov Li-2W ???

medal medal

Lisunow Li-2  (russian version of Dc-3) was used in polish air forces, but... i think only in version for transport, one was for train a bombarding ... LI-2B wasnt used in Polish Air Force.

Next up we have Sweden. Big gap for tier 3 and 4.  I should push down the SAAB 17. Really cool aircraft though!  Oh and as for the neutral thing, Arcade battles and alternate history battles can fill the gap.  Though I would expect some long wait times if you have the jet.  

[spoiler]6Jrc0A0.jpg[/spoiler]

Tier II jet? Are you absolutely sure about that? =)

Anyways, the Swedes had at least some unique variants of foreign planes, such as the radial Hawker Hart. I'm not an expert on Swedish aviation, but they actually have the makings for a nice little tree, especially with the help of some foreign designs.

• Upvote 1

@krases, really nice what you have done.

Poland tree is not yet finished. Also, do you have skype so I can contact you about those graphics you are doing so I can provide you with more info

medal medal

Lisunow Li-2  (russian version of Dc-3) was used in polish air forces, but... i think only in version for transport, one was for train a bombarding ... LI-2B wasnt used in Polish Air Force.

but:

Only planes that were designed and produced in these countries will be accepted for now

The Lisunov Li-2, originally designated PS-84 (NATO reporting name "Cab"), was a license-built version of the Douglas DC-3. It was produced by Factory #84 in Moscow-Khimki and, after evacuation in 1941, at TAPO in Tashkent. The project was directed by aeronautical engineer Boris Pavlovich Lisunov.

Edited by Blackart
medal medal

@krases, really nice what you have done.

Poland tree is not yet finished. Also, do you have skype so I can contact you about those graphics you are doing so I can provide you with more info

No I don't sorry.  It might be better to link me to wikipages or just give me names/descriptions of aircraft that should be added.

Tier II jet? Are you absolutely sure about that? =)

Anyways, the Swedes had at least some unique variants of foreign planes, such as the radial Hawker Hart. I'm not an expert on Swedish aviation, but they actually have the makings for a nice little tree, especially with the help of some foreign designs.

Sweden has the best meatballs on earth, therefore it receives a tier 2 jet. 

Nah I'm kidding, I skimmed the wiki article and assumed the 21R was just another variant of the 21. My bad! 

Edited by Krases

Which format? Do you want a .jpg for photoshop or a .eps for illustrator.

I would prefer the .eps, I'll send you my work e-mail via PM.

@BeyondTS: I am not sure if this is relevant but do we wish to include license build aircraft as well as a separate entry?

Edited by Tarskin
medal medal medal

@BeyondTS: I am not sure if this is relevant but do we wish to include license build aircraft as well as a separate entry?

...and to add to this question, especially license built variants of aircraft unique to the nation that built them?

I have one more aircraft to add to the list for the dutchies ;) This aircraft does have a bit.... much... variants however *shrug*. The 'role' could be argued over since it was designed as a trainer but got used as a light bomber (by the Spanish Republicans). I would personally rate it more as a general purpose aircraft (fighter/attacker ?) given it's performance characteristics and weaponry.

Koolhoven Fk.51 (1935 / 1936)

• Fk.51 (Republican Spain, Batch 1) -> 400 hp Armstrong Siddeley Jaguar IVa
  • Fk.51Bis (Republican Spain, Batch 2) -> 450 hp Wright Whirlwind R-975
  • Fk.51 (LVA, Batch 1) -> 270 hp Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah V
  • Fk.51 (LVA, Batch 2) -> 350 hp Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah IX
  • Fk.51 (MLD) -> 450 hp Pratt & Whittney

MLD = Marine Luchvaart Dienst (Translation: Naval Aviation Service)

LVA = Luchtvaart Afdeling (Translation: Aviation Department)

---

PS: I just took the list that we created earlier and inserted this aircraft and changed the Fokker F.VII's location, see next post.

Edited by Tarskin
medal medal medal

I added my previous two suggestions to the original list and re-arranged it so that the aircraft are also in chronological time order, hope this makes updating this section easier ;)

( Dutch ) Netherlands:

gWFt4l1.png

Acx9aYQ.jpg

Fighters:

Fokker D.XVII (1932 / ? )

Fokker C.X (1934 / ?)

C.X (Finnish) -> 850 hp Bristol Pegasus XII [Radial]

C.X (Dutch) -> 650 hp Rolls Royce Kestrel [Liquid Cooled V12]

Koolhoven Fk.51 (1935 / 1936)

1. Fk.51 (Republican Spain, Batch 1) -> 400 hp Armstrong Siddeley Jaguar IVa

2. Fk.51Bis (Republican Spain, Batch 2) -> 450 hp Wright Whirlwind R-975

3. Fk.51 (LVA, Batch 1) -> 270 hp Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah V

4. Fk.51 (LVA, Batch 2) -> 350 hp Armstrong Siddeley Cheetah IX

5. Fk.51 (MLD) -> 450 hp Pratt & Whittney

Fokker D.XXI (1936 / 1938 )

1. D.XXI-1 (1936) -> 645 hp Bristol Mercury VI-S

2. D.XXI-2 (1937) -> 760 hp Bristol Mercury VIII

3. D.XXI-3 (1939) -> 760 hp Bristol Mercury VIII

4. D.XXI-4 (1941) -> 1.050 hp Pratt & Whittney R-1535 Twin Wasp Jr

5. D.XXI-5 (1944) -> 920 hp Bristol Pegasus 

Koolhoven Fk.52 (1937 / 1939) 

Fokker D.XXIII (1939 /)

Fokker G.I (1937 / 1939) <Heavy Fighter>

1. G.IA -> 2 x 830 hp Bristol Mercury VIII

2. G.IB -> 2 x 750 hp Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasp Jr SB4-G

Koolhoven Fk.58 (1938 / 1940)

1. Fk58 -> 1.080 hp Hispano-Suiza 14AA

2. Fk58A -> 1.164 hp Gnome-Rhone 14N-16

Attacker/Bombers:

Fokker F.VII (1924 / 1925 (?) )

1.F.VIIa/3m -> 3 x 200 hp Wright J-4 Whirlwind

2.F.VIIb/3m -> 3 x 400 hp Pratt & Whitney ”Wasp Junior TB"

Fokker T.V (1937 / 1938)

1. T.V

2. T.Va 

Fokker T.IX (1939 /)

Floatplanes:

Fokker C.XI-w (1935 / ?) <Naval Reconnaise Fighter>

Fokker C.XIV-w (1937 / ?) <Naval Reconnaisse Fighter>

Fokker T.VIII (1938 / ?) <Naval Bomber>

1. T.VIII W/G (1939) 

2. T.VIII W/C (1939)

Experimental:

Koolhoven Fk.55 (1938)

Fokker XA-7 (1931)

Designs:

Fokker 115 design

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

If they do expand the dates to the later 50's for some smaller nations I would kill for a premium Avro Arrow :D It was just a prototype and only 6 were ever made and the first one wasn't made until late 1957... But what a glorious plane it was and never even given a chance.

If they do expand the dates to the later 50's for some smaller nations I would kill for a premium Avro Arrow :D It was just a prototype and only 6 were ever made and the first one wasn't made until late 1957... But what a glorious plane it was and never even given a chance.

If they ever implement the Arrow, it needs to be a tier 24 aircraft. The reason is, that the Arrow is essentially unarmed, because they will not be implementing air-to-air missiles.

And before you ask, I don't think they should be implementing nuclear AIR-2 Genie rockets either.

I think European tech tree should be divided into two tech trees - Other Axis and Other Allies. All countries maybe will not fit in one tree.

Alright, so I made some tech trees.  It would be great if you guys and girls could give me some pointers on what I missed.  I purposefully left out things like trainers and un-armed recon craft because its Warthunder not Ramthunder.  I personally don't see a problem with just introducing smaller 'lacking' trees instead of one giant catch-all tree. Especially if there were some sort of meta rewards system for completing a smaller tree, such as a small RP bonus for other countries or maybe making RP shared across these smaller countries while bigger countries keep their nation specific RP.  Or perhaps a free premium for one of the main countries if you complete 3 or so of the smaller nations.  Whatever, I just like making mini-trees. 

First off, we have Poland.  I know I missed some planes, but you can only have so many tier 1 fighters with the exact same or similar armament. 

[spoiler]TEpM6GY.jpg[/spoiler]

Next up we have Sweden. Big gap for tier 3 and 4.  I should push down the SAAB 17. Really cool aircraft though!  Oh and as for the neutral thing, Arcade battles and alternate history battles can fill the gap.  Though I would expect some long wait times if you have the jet.  

[spoiler]6Jrc0A0.jpg[/spoiler]

Then we get Yugoslavia. Surprisingly well filled out fighter branch with a goofy little jet at the end. 

[spoiler]7G201vT.jpg[/spoiler]

can you send me a jpg. please, btw how did you do the pictures of the planes in the tree?

medal

Would be nice to see a Polish/Romanian tree/branch. Romania and Poland had alliance against USSR before the war and many Polish planes were interned and serverd in Romanian Airforce after Poland fall. Also the IAR 80 was developed from the PLZ P.24. The only problem Poland was in Allies and Romania in Axis.

One line could be like this: (with both Polish and Romanian cammo, exept of IAR ofc.)

PZL P.7a ---> PLZ P.11 ---> PLZ P.24 ---> IAR 80

Nice book for soviet pilots 1939, Silhouettes of Polish and Romanian planes (russian):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Rq0qmwEVJORURjUnEtYmMxdmc/edit?usp=sharing

There was even an attempt to create a central european alliance against Germany and Soviet Union - "Intermarium", but it failed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermarium

Międzymorze (Polish pronunciation: [mjɛnd͡zɨˈmɔʐɛ], known in English as Intermarium, was a plan, pursued after World War I by Polish leader Józef Piłsudski, for a federation, under Poland's aegis of Central and Eastern European countries. Invited to join the proposed federation were the Baltic states (Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia), Finland, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, Romania, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia.

The Polish name Międzymorze, which means "Intersea" or "Between-seas," was rendered into Latin as "Intermarium."

Intermarium was, however, perceived by some Lithuanians as a threat to their newly established independence, and by some Ukrainians as a threat to their aspirations for independence and was opposed by Russia and by most Western powers, except France.

Within two decades of the failure of Piłsudski's grand scheme, all the countries that he had viewed as candidates for membership in the Intermarium federation had fallen to the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, except for Finland (which nonetheless suffered some territorial losses in the Winter War).

Mapka_miedzymorza.png

can you send me a jpg. please, btw how did you do the pictures of the planes in the tree?

He took them from here i think:

Edited by Blackart
medal medal

Alright, by popular demand, here are some templates.

[spoiler]eee5thi.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]gzusZ8X.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]JBUo49Y.jpg[/spoiler]

And I got the planes mostly by google image search.  

What words did you use with your google images search? like: side (plane name)

medal

What words did you use with your google images search? like: side (plane name)

Oh I just dropped the name of the plane into google image search and scrolled around until I saw something that looked like the right plane.  This is after checking the wiki to get an idea of what it looks like first.  Thats why I accidentally gave Sweden a tier 2 jet, I didn't realize it was a jet from the pictures.  

Its sort of a fast and dirty way of doing it, which is why I post it here so you guys can double check my work.

Do you have plans for an International Tank Tree? I think there are many vehicles out there to be had and found. 

One such example is the Romanian Tacam T-60 TD. 

tacamt6002.jpg

Possibly after this is done.

medal medal