RoflSeal

IS-2 (All Modifications) - Questions, Information, Gameplay

Stop twisting his words, what means by that is mass production.

Hurrdurr, So let's see .. where starts mass production and where does it stop?

25 A39 Tortoise built? Mass Production or not?

60 M6 Heavy Tanks built? Mass Production or not?

2 T29s built? Mass Production or not?

77 SU-122-54 built? Mass Production or not?

15 M6A2E1 built? Mass Production or not?

Tell me, where does mass production start?

Furthermore, I am not twisting his words. He himself said on more than one occasion 'the T43E1 has been put into production .. has been produced .. production tank' and so on and so forth. He never even mentioned the word mass within the same sentence.

Edited by Zel_Zeret
medal

Hurrdurr, So let's see .. where starts mass production and where does it stop?

25 A39 Tortoise built? Mass Production or not?

60 M6 Heavy Tanks built? Mass Production or not?

2 T29s built? Mass Production or not?

15 M6A2E1 built? Mass Production or not?

Tell me, where does mass production start?

Furthermore, I am not twisting his words. He himself said on more than one occasion 'the T43E1 has been put into production .. has been produced .. production tank' and so on and so forth. He never even mentioned the word mass within the same sentence.

I think those other vehicles are rather irrelevent.

You don't produce 300 vehicles just for testbeds

And to my knowledge 6 Tortoises were built

Edited by RoflSeal
medal medal

The SU-122-54 was accepted into service in 1954, so unless the game's time frame is to be extended I doubt it will be introduced.

Edited by _Firefly
medal

The SU-122-54 was accepted into service in 1954, so unless the game's time frame is to be extended I doubt it will be introduced.

Accepted into service is a bit meaningless, tanks like the Object 140, IS-7, Object 430, Object 435 etc were all accpeted for service but not mass produced.

edit here is a list.

Prototypes and non-serial tanks adopted for service T-54 mod. 1946 T-54 (fourth prototype) T-54 (prototype model) T-54M  1954 "Object 141" "Object 139" "Object 140" "Object 430" T-54BM "Object 155" "Object 142" "Object 165" "Object 166" "Object 167" "Object 435" "Object 166P" (T-62P) "Object 614A" T-55 ATGM 9K11 "Baby" "Object 167T" "Object 612" "Object 166M" "Object 434" "Object 436"

Edited by t___a

Accepted into service is a bit meaningless, tanks like the Object 140, IS-7, Object 430, Object 435 etc were all accpeted for service but not mass produced.

edit here is a list.

You're right, but unlike the ones that you mentioned it was actually produced in quantity (77 were manufactured in total).

medal

Can we somewhat get back to the topic?

We all know that numbers and dates are ATM not of much importance to Gaijin - at least this is the conclusion I have to end up with after the steps done.

medal medal

To be honest, this will be higher ranked then the Tiger most likely. Tiger on CBT is Tier 3, this will most likely by Tier 4

medal medal

I hope they will meet often, would be boring to ignore the important Tiger Vs. IS-2 battles in summer 1944.

Well, considering the MM, they will.

medal medal

Can't wait to see Tigers get owned by this thing, then hear the whine from fanboyz

Yes, we are whining, no... crying everytime when we see a IS-2 or IS-2M currently on the Test Server, the bright smile on our faces, our tears OF HAPPINESS when the turret gets blown off its hull... aaaaaah the satisfaction... we can't handle...

Don't be worried, IS-2's still will be able to face Tiger I tanks, but not as often as you would like it to be, the IS-1 on the other hand will mostly see the Tiger I's lighting bolt coming... and it will rest in heaven or maybe in hell, who knows.

I think I have destroyed your dream of steamrolling German Tanks, huh? I am sorry, but I think, the fanboy, is you. Edited by Com783

Can't wait to see Tigers get owned by this thing, then hear the whine from fanboyz

I believe it's the Tiger B which this thing will fight.

And guess what, there's not that much "owning" there.

I noticed it sometimes doesn't penetrate something that is supposedly blown to pieces with its gun, do you guys think it's normal?

is something wrong with the gearing in this cause it shifts to 5th before you hit 10 kph. anyone tried this tank with manual gearing ?

it turns better in reverse as well.

anyone tried this with manual gearing? cause i cant seem to figure that out to test it.

well i also noticed when turning in general you get alot of notching and the tank seems to be shifting gear all the time when it turns around

medal

Ok, so first off, i think that this tank is overtiered. i find myself in a hopeless situation whatever map i play vs any tank german tank.

it is pretty much impossible to penetrate any german to the front armor. if you miss you have a amazing 27 second reload time.

Panther: it is a gamble. usually the shell penetrates and damages some modules to buy you some more time to reload another shell  and in a rare occasion its a 1 shoot kill. but if he manages to damage your loader for example before you kill him. you have a 2-3 min reload time while he is for sure to come after you for revenge.

Kingtiger: now i am not able to penetrate the kingtigers from armor from any range. if you aim at the turret or the hull armor you dont penetrate 9/10 times. what to do vs him?

Ferdinand: Like the kingtiger but even harder to penetrate. lower front place is a easy place to hit, but not from over 200 meters.

All the german tanks have no problem to penetrate your armor from any range. it is just ridicoulous how the is-2 meets for example the KT. its just a rape

Edited by Qosmius
  • Upvote 2
medal

Try HE shells, that's what I plan on doing.

medal medal

If you plan to play Russians y would suggest you try SB that gives you a better chance to kill germans. All other mods negate flanking as they can see you from miles ahead. Also is a lot more satisfaying to play a tank that requires skills and thinking, that keeps me playing Russians while others just quit.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

pls dont give me that crap. why dont kingtigers and panthers have to flank russian tanks? oh wait, we have severly undertiered tanks fighting

if we had is-4s on tier 3 it would be the same feeling for kingtiger players.

• Upvote 1
medal

I would say problem lies not in tanks but rather in ammunition. It is a game and all facts cant be counted. IRL there was such things as steel quality, armor tiering, reability etc. It is almost impossible to module it right. Also i feel that shell bounce does not work realistic in our game, IRL JS and t-34 could bounce incoming rounds more often.

Only thing that can save soviet heavy tank line is JS-7 with S70 130mm gun

900m/s with BCHP 

630m/s with HE

Penetration table: ''BCHP''

Meters: 200 500 1000 1500 2000
Angle 0: 222 217 207 197 188
Angle 60: 180 177 169 153 153

ROF was 40-45 sec per shot.

Altrough ROF seem to be awful, it atleast has chance to penetrate KT frontal armor at mid ranges unlike D-25T. D-25T is a useless gun against anything but panthers.. There is some postwar APCR rounds for D-25T with 300mm+ pen, but it would ruin balance.
Edited by Tjeck
medal

If you plan to play Russians y would suggest you try SB that gives you a better chance to kill germans. All other mods negate flanking as they can see you from miles ahead. Also is a lot more satisfaying to play a tank that requires skills and thinking, that keeps me playing Russians while others just quit.

You can't flank good(And not good at all, just "normal" infact) player in SB too... This feature who spot ennemy on minimap is just the worst thing I've ever seen on a simulator game !

Edited by Vassily1
  • Upvote 3