Yakovlev Yak-3 (1944)

• 3 weeks later...

two things:

1. wonder how faster it would go and how much better would it climb with closed radiators.

2. anything about turning? cause now it doesn't turn so well when considering how light the plane is.

btw - i was thinking, what would happen if you would fit a Merlin 66, possibly on 25 boost, in a yak-3? i see no less then 730 TS, and 620 at SL. crazy.

Edited by markMot
medal

• 1 month later...

I just wish they'd look into the P-400, and P38G Flight models.  P400 should fly almost exactly like the p39, but seems to instead fly like a lead brick in mud, tries to nose dive every time you turn almost.  They were effectively the same plane, the p400 just had a 20 installed instead of the 37. 

And the P38G isn't handling anywhere near it's papercard stats, it's turning slower than most bombers, which seems odd for a plane with 20.8 second turn stat.  And neither plane seem to be able to climb anywhere near what their papercard attributes show, even in AB with the arcade boosts.  Also neither of them seem to be getting close to their possible top speeds on a flat run, without doing a full on dive. 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Would it be possible to see a Yak-3 ingame modeled with the VK-107A engine? It would have the potential to be a top tier prop fighter alongside the La-9.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

I really like the new FM, feels just a tad bit more like the low altitude monster it should be  :good:

Would it be possible to see a Yak-3 ingame modeled with the VK-107A engine? It would have the potential to be a top tier prop fighter alongside the La-9.

edit: Read my post below

Edited by Ottobon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 2 months later...

Climb Rate with 1.47 FM without 150 Octane is about 22m/s, with 150 Octane it's 25m/s at 270kph in SB Testflight. Not Calling UFO, but suspicious and may require retuning. The German Flight models behave exactly up to spec and are underperforming due to the lack of Slats being modelled properly. Some German planes, like the G-14s Datasheets are dubious and some German Aircraft are definetly below Spec. Apparently Gaijin does take liberties with the russian FMs in a positive way for some reason.

However general Yak FM feels very good and balanced and is a lot of fun. Just tweak it a bit.

medal

• 5 weeks later...

myfabi it only gets 100 octane at best, not 150, i never was able to achieve much over 22 M/S with 20 or 30 minutes fuel (need to check) and climb tests are to be performed with full fuel when referencing flight data, also important your climbing with MEC assigning radiators to "100%"/fully open

i'll check it later and update this post

Not proper FM discussion, but Lassar confirmed the Yak-3-VK107 to be included some time after 1.49

Edited by Ottobon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...