WaterDragon629

IS-4M - Questions, Information, Gameplay

Well I think i'm done with the game for the time being.

Repeated one shots to the front of the IS4M turret from long distances in Kursk and Mozdok have really left a bad taste in my mouth in relation to the performance I have come to know from this tank.

I've posted a damage model query / bug report but the last one I did didn't not even get shown, so i'm not sure if I missed something or whether something went wrong when I tried to post.

how much money have you spent on this game o.o

What a moronic question obviously driven by jealousy and i have not spent a single cent on War Thunder yet.

It's his business what he spends his money on.

IS-4 and IS-3 seem to have a bug where if you shoot them in a specific place on the tank a few times, the tank is automatically marked as 'combat ineffective' even if nothing penetrated you, or damaged you in any way whatsoever.

Many things have this issue. Guy shot the windows out of my aa truck? combate ineffective (NO modules hit) kv-1 shot my stug a few times and got some light damage in on the transmission? Ineffective.   "crew kncoked out" is also broke, my aa truck lost the driver, gunner and loader still alive "crew knocked out"   T-60 hits tree, driver dies "crew knockd out"    almost everytime i get crew knocked out, at least the loader/driver is still alive (in all tanks). Many more examples of wonkiness but i cant think of them right now. Seems like if your armor gets a big enough hole in it its combat in-effective....

Edited by just_wanna_play

Make a bug report. I still have to do one about the IS-3. I have put the data in a penetration calculator and 110 mm at 54 degrees PzG 39 or PzG 40 should not be penetrated. not to mention glacis of IS-4 and not only the glacis if not the lower frontal plate either, not even T-54 gun should be able.

if you need help let me know I have almost most of the vehicles unlocked we could make a bug report for the developers.

Edited by Tzalafim
medal medal

You don't. You grind T-54 mod. 1947.

:good:

As someone with a 1947 that is almost fully upgraded, I can tell you that the IS-4M is probably the better choice.

The long 88 is quite effectively against T-54s now. and the front of the T-54 1947 turret has bounced shells into the hull (shot trap effect I guess) more than once for me.

The IS-4M is still imperious except against APCR at very close ranges and through the driver hatch at longer ranges.

The 122mm gun can still knockout gun barrels somewhat consistently.

And finally the mobility of the IS-4M isn't significantly worse than the T-54.

@OP:
IS-4M is a brawler tank.  get in close and derp them with the 122mm.

medal medal

now i am really happy because i have IS4M ,but  i was wonder that is best way to play with this tank 

is IS4m best tank in WT now ? 

What do you mean "best way to play it?"

It's even more moronically overpowered compared to it's opposition than the T50. Just drive in the general direction of the enemy and wreck them, no skill required.

Is it the best tank? Well let's see....you often will meet T4 tanks that - if you are smart and protect your hull a bit - can do absolutely nothing against you other then hopeing for an airstrike. So yes....it's the ultimate sealclubber atm and toghether with the T54 the reason why noone is playing T5.

• Upvote 2
medal

how much money have you spent on this game o.o

Does it matter? He supports free players.

Lol

Why do people play the IS-4? I think it ruins the game because it is so OP

Cause it is the tank that historically was there in that time period. Now IS-4 does not have BR-471D so it is less dangerous than a T-54.

I dont know in poland iwth the t-54 I blew up 2 of them one from the front and the other from the side. I dont' see this tank as dangerous. It is heavy, slow, lacks ammunition, rate of fire is terrible, though it was designed to give the loader a nice room to move as the IS-3, you can watch this in World of Tanks videos the interior of the IS-4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y25K180etk&list=PLYgipOCaRI02K8nhcCBLCL4fOEymXECda&index=28

Once in youtube watch the interior of the 2S1 Gvozdika this is what the loader had to do without the semiautomatic assistance, but still a semiautomatic sliding breech. so no rounds tray, no rammer and surely you have to close the breech once both projectile and propellent are inside the gun, all the way both weights 80 pounds / 40 kilograms....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ0JOgKNB1g

Conclusion I went for the T-54 and I do not regret it.

Edited by Tzalafim
medal medal

Hide the driver port, use the cheeks to absorb damage, and dont try to snipe, like Der_Auslander said, get close to them and the 122mm will do the rest.

medal

Hide the driver port, use the cheeks to absorb damage, and dont try to snipe, like Der_Auslander said, get close to them and the 122mm will do the rest.

And all you need is the BR-471D which is not ingame. And it is going to be needed as american  tanks makes its way in the game as british. Perhaps they don't put it in due to how tier V german tanks are performing.

So fix up german tier V, so you can add the correct ammo for the tank and then as american and british tanks start to pop up everything is going to be fine in the game.

Edited by Tzalafim
medal medal

What do you mean "best way to play it?"

It's even more moronically overpowered compared to it's opposition than the T50. Just drive in the general direction of the enemy and wreck them, no skill required.

Is it the best tank? Well let's see....you often will meet T4 tanks that - if you are smart and protect your hull a bit - can do absolutely nothing against you other then hopeing for an airstrike. So yes....it's the ultimate sealclubber atm and toghether with the T54 the reason why noone is playing T5.

yes i forget to mention about , you must crush forward with IS4 just like yesterday i did , as fast you can go with that tank and when you find good place to still,, you can dominate plenty of enough in battle areas 

absolutely great tank no matter what you say , i just need little more trainging again after my long break from WT and i will be fine ,and one thing , i still got Stock :D tank most of part ,how it will be when full parts on it !! 

medal medal medal medal medal

and there is very clear Russian bias on the game ,that makes more fun to play Russian big tanks 

Rank 4-5 battles are for Russian tanks most of it they dominate ofcourse once again this is in Russian devs games ,Russian game so they cannot give advantage to the German tanks ,sad !

medal medal medal medal medal

and there is very clear Russian bias on the game ,that makes more fun to play Russian big tanks 

Rank 4-5 battles are for Russian tanks most of it they dominate ofcourse once again this is in Russian devs games ,Russian game so they cannot give advantage to the German tanks ,sad !

Do you really believe that of tier IV, look at the tanks the germans have and the ones that the soviets have. Tier V could be as you say and I'm not sure if they dominate.

medal medal

Playing against as German: Panther, Tiger II, Ferdinand, JagdTiger = Aim for the Driver Plate, ~160mm Armor, should penetrate fairly easily, try to penetrate towards the bottom of the tank where the ammo are stored, do NOT try to Barrel-scum. Idiot who tries to rush facing you straigth on shouldn't be a problem.

Playing against as Russian: IS serie = 122mm HE Shell on top of the turret for an easy kill, if AP is loaded, aim for the Driver Plate, T54 = Aim for Driver Plate, T44 = Flee.

Playing as: use HE shells for shots at >500m or against hulldown mediums/heavy german TDs, aim below the gun or at the left turret cheek (your PoV) to ammo rack via spalling through the thin top armor, extremely effective against Ferdinands, T44-54, Panthers. Always wiggle your gun to counter Barrel-scumming and slightly angle yourself when facing people at close range while moving back&forth to minimize Driver Plate autopen.

IS4m is an excellent medium killer and can perform okayish at longer range with its HE shells, its armor is very forgiving but good players out there will have no trouble punishing an exposed/unangled Driver Plate, also beware of other Russian 122mm, HE shells on top of the turret mean certain death or complete blackening of the crew/turret modules (which is pretty much the same as dying unless lucky.)

Its really all going to depend on how the enemy picks the fight with the IS-4.

Obviously if you go for a frontal assault your going to have a bad time, but thats where tactics and teamwork come into play.

Have couple of tanks keep it distracted while you have other flank it and hit from the sides.

Awesome, so tell me the reason why the Tiger H was pushed up to meet it's counters again?

The same advisory tactic isn't acceptable for Russia.

tumblr_inline_n0wvue7uWX1rt98v7.gif

Edited by Banicks
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

I would not go that far to say that it is Bias, plenty of times have I myself One-shot T-54's (using my JagdTiger) and seen them being One-shot.

I would not go that far to say that it is Bias, plenty of times have I myself One-shot T-54's (using my JagdTiger) and seen them being One-shot.

The bias is not in Jagdtigers having a chance of one-hitting something.

The bias is in TigerII (H) and Ferdinands fighting IS4M on a regular basis. (Just talking RB/SB here, not arcade) Stoped playing those tanks in RB since all they see is BR.8.0 tanks.

On the other hand....the BRs are conveniently so that a T34/76 can never ever encounter a Panther or Tiger. Sure..that wouldn't also be fair...but that's exactly were the double standard comes into play. (Actually...a T34 against a Tiger is probably more fair than a KT against an IS4m. At least the T34 has mobility, turret traverse and rate of fire on his side and can flank. A KT is dead in the water)

Just play RB with an IS4M being the toptier and the rest mostly T4 (which happens often). IS4M always have insane kill tallys. That's because they are virtually untouchable if only played half-way correctly. Heck...they don't even have to really fear anything T4 from the side.

Edited by Bombastikus
  • Upvote 2
medal

after FINALLY buyign the IS4 the game suddenly got much better, the IS3 is not bad at all and was a breadth of fresh air after the horribad "oneshot me everyone" IS-2(never bothered with 1944 after i got the is3, it's still a dog) but the IS4 ohhh yisssssssss!.

finally a PROPER tank that can punish those german whining scum players with their OP as hell tinderboxes that can magi-sipe ou across the map, finally some justice on tracks to put them in their place (whining in the forums). Finally a heavy that feels like(more, is3 already felt like a proper heavy) a heavy(meaning it can take more than one shot from OP scum and not die)!

btw, if you encounter one in a T44, arty spam and APCR, i've killed an is4 in my t44 in a 1v1 duel that took forever by combination of bareel-scumming, tracking shots, 3x arty on top of him and APCR spam to the the lower side(i was actually in front of him, so diagonal) at the height of the roadwheels, massive ammo dump there (mid bottom), 3 APCRs there 'racked him.

but if he shoots at you then you're toast, but that's only fair, it's an IS4 after all

Pacifica (Posted )

Reported for the following:-

Do Not:

1.1.1. Insult any forum members or forum staff.
1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.
medal medal medal

IS-4M got some adjusts in 1.45... did someone noticed any ? looks like Drivers Hatch now have only a small "hole" where the bullet can pass trough the frontal armor.... back turret armor reduced? does anyone confirm it?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i still haven't patched and was waiting for someone to post some detailed notes/screenshots about what changed in the is2, 3 and 4.

patch notes are not very detailed in that respect and i can' find anything on reddit either

PS: really Pacifica?...., i did not insult anyone, nor deralied, nor posted any kind of spam and whilst legions of german tank whiners are left to post their incesant boring droning I get reported?, carebearing needs to be notched down an entire dial here...., but i digress...

medal medal medal

IS-4M got some adjusts in 1.45... did someone noticed any ? looks like Drivers Hatch now have only a small "hole" where the bullet can pass trough the frontal armor.... back turret armor reduced? does anyone confirm it?

Yeah noticed the same..driver hatch isn't a weakspot anymore. Couldn't get through it anymore, only damaged optics. Wasn't an easy shot before...now I would say it's pretty much impossible.

medal