WaterDragon629

IS-4M - Questions, Information, Gameplay

lower left side of turrent ''right side for driver'' seem be also to have issues. i could penetrate it with first panther using stock ammo.

is it possible you hit the shot trap?

medal medal

now i am really happy because i have IS4M ,but  i was wonder that is best way to play with this tank 

Ammo`s ?, best mode for play this Arcade, simulator or Real battles 

any experiences are very welcome now, because i don`t see enough posting about that tank so that makes me more interesting 

this used to very stong in Wot, but how is it work in WT now ? reason why i ask, i try to save time much as possible because my life is kind of busy now 

and i dont have a time to run too much different things 

thanks for advance 

and finally all the Russian tanks are grinded ^^=)

is IS4m best tank in WT now ? 

shot_2014_09_14_19_02_32.jpg

shot_2014_09_14_18_59_14.jpg

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

how much money have you spent on this game o.o

this

also there is no tutorial fr the is4m, just wreck everything in your way

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

whats wrong with putting money into a game you enjoy? he worked for the money let him spend it :P. either way gl getting a game in the thing and gl not feeling dirty as hell. i had to scrub myself with bleach after every win.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

whats wrong with putting money into a game you enjoy? he worked for the money let him spend it :P. either way gl getting a game in the thing and gl not feeling dirty as hell. i had to scrub myself with bleach after every win.

Paying a shit ton of money for a broken game encourages the developpers to let it in a broken state.

• Upvote 8
medal medal

I have never killed a IS4m.

The IS4 is what The Agents are to the Matrix, 

Yous see a IS4, you do what the rest of us do and run, everybody who has turned and stood there ground against them has died (execpt maybe a JagdTiger), and your asking for tips on how to play it?

Admittedly iv only played around 15 games At Teir V, but still......

medal medal medal medal

I've had all the tanks unlocked for a couple months now. Wasn't hard at all. Playing mostly Sim. Took probably 1/4th of the time to do the same as an aircraft tree.

Its not a matter of paying money. Just play SB.

I didn't even get the SU-122P until after I had unlocked everything and Ace'd over half of all ground vehicles.
medal medal medal medal medal medal

i was playing in a custom game with a guy driving an IS-4M. a Flak Panzer spawns in next to him and somehow from shooting him in the side the IS-4M's crew was knocked out. i know he didnt bail cause the tank didnt explode and there were no other enemy tanks on the field. right after the Flak panzer killed him i 1 hit killed the thing with a T-44. can anyone explain this?

medal medal medal medal medal

i was playing in a custom game with a guy driving an IS-4M. a Flak Panzer spawns in next to him and somehow from shooting him in the side the IS-4M's crew was knocked out. i know he didnt bail cause the tank didnt explode and there were no other enemy tanks on the field. right after the Flak panzer killed him i 1 hit killed the thing with a T-44. can anyone explain this?

IS-4 and IS-3 seem to have a bug where if you shoot them in a specific place on the tank a few times, the tank is automatically marked as 'combat ineffective' even if nothing penetrated you, or damaged you in any way whatsoever.

medal medal medal

IS-4 and IS-3 seem to have a bug where if you shoot them in a specific place on the tank a few times, the tank is automatically marked as 'combat ineffective' even if nothing penetrated you, or damaged you in any way whatsoever.

Nah, that's correct for the IS 4 only. The IS 3 is ineffective when shot anywhere.

medal medal

Howdy,

Been playing the IS4M for the last couple of months (253 battles).

Over the last couple of days I have noticed a significant change in its resilience. Frequently the first shot from any 88mil long barrel will kill the loader and gunner which (as anyone with the 122mil gun knows) essentially takes you out of the game with reload times that can extend over 60 seconds.

Having done some testing and looking around the forums I found the two essential weak-spots on the front of the IS4M which could cause this damage.

Today in four games the IS4M was one shot from the front by a variety of different 88mil bearing tanks from various ranges including over 500M. I'm an experienced tank player and you can assume that I was A. positioned to protect my lower glacis and B. was doing everything to protect the two weak-spots that have been identified.

Long story short has there been any change to the DM of the IS4M? The turret is being penned reliably by the 88mil at all distances.

I'm not saying there are no undamaged shots, there are, but they are significantly less common.

What has been the experience of other long term IS4M drivers?

Haven't really noticed a difference with them fighting them in the Tiger II H. I have however noticed that allot of my tanks (regardless of nation) seem to get knocked out from the first shot to the turret (even when it doesn't pen). I'm not really sure if this is the spalling effect or bugged crew DM's though.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well despite these people saying you will roflstomp all I can tell you that over the last few days I have been one shotted a number of times from the front by numerous different tanks bearing the 88mil long barrel. All of my games are in realistic mode I don't play arcade in tanks at least.

I have never killed a IS4m.

Managed to kill one so far. It was first encouter on Kursk with my Tiger II (H). Hit somewhere near MG and he was dead. Lucky shot anyway. :)

medal medal medal medal

At least one of the deaths was as a result of insufficient crew as they were killed by repeat shots to the turret face. This seems buggy to me given the armour and slope of the turret face.

One of the deaths was a direct frontal penetration on the main front plate by a Ferdy on the same plane as me, so no angle of attack difference.

Crew death from hits to the turret seems extremely easy to occur and seems to be happening a lot over the last few days

I know that all tanks are suffering from the plague of the damaged barrel but should these shots be repeatedly killing crew?

Yep well two games today so far, both confirm my suspicion that something has been significantly changed with the IS4M damage model or the damage of the 88mil gun. First battle a ferdy penned the turret (my tank hull down) twice from the front with gunner killed then loader killed.

Second game was a tiger II who penned the front upper glacis causing an engine fire, then again causing a second engine fire. Finally penned the front of the turret which wrecked the tank, exploding the ammo.

The second IS4M which was firing at this tiger II, about 50M to my left was also one shot by him about 10 sec after I died....

Gaijin wtf is going on?

watched the replay, all of the tigers hits were on the top of the front plate of the upper glacis. Every hit was a penetrating hit, causing two engine fires and a final ammo explosion.

I was wrong the IS4M next to me died before I did (he didn't have extinguishers) and the single hit that caused that was to hit upper front glacis also.

LoL patch day......three IS4M one shots in five games, two through the front of the turret which is supposed to have 250mils of armour and another through the front plate at over 2Km in Kursk......what has been done to this tank, gone from being very tough to very soft.