THEPUNISHERNL

KV-2 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

KV-2 being OP is laughable, it was a failure IRL, with none of that invisible tank BS from the other game, I think you will find the KV-2 to be quite vulnerable to other tanks, unless it gets ranked with other machines from 1941, and even then it will only have one chance to kill most of the time

• Upvote 1
medal

KV-2 being OP is laughable, it was a failure IRL, with none of that invisible tank BS from the other game, I think you will find the KV-2 to be quite vulnerable to other tanks, unless it gets ranked with other machines from 1941, and even then it will only have one chance to kill most of the time

"''The KV-1 & KV-2, which we first met here, were really something! Our companies opened fire at about 800 yards, but it remained ineffective. We moved closer and closer to the enemy, who for his part continued to approach us unconcerned. Very Soon™ we were facing each other at 50 to 100 yards. A fantastic exchange of fire took place without any visible German success. The Russian tanks continued to advance, and all armour-piercing shells simply bounced off them. Thus we were presently faced with the alarming situation of the Russian tanks driving through the ranks of 1st Panzer Regiment towards our own infantry and our hinterland. Our Panzer Regiment therefore about turned and rumbled back with the KV-1s and KV-2s, roughly in line with them. In the course of that operation we succeeded in immobilizing some of them with special purpose shells at very close range 30 to 60 yards. A counter attack was launched and the Russians were thrown back. A protective front established & defensive fighting continued.'

"The next day, a single KV-2 heavy tank, at a crossroads in front of Raseiniai, managed to cut off elements of the 6th Panzer Division which had established bridgeheads on the Dubysa. It stalled the Division's advance for a full day while being attacked by a variety of antitank weapons, until it finally ran out of ammunition"" - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raseiniai

In HB (and maybe AB), if the KV-2 faces tanks it would normally face, it would be something to go up against.

and even if its up-teired to face other types of tanks, it would still be a huge nuisance until it was taken out.

Edited by Skogz
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

"''The KV-1 & KV-2, which we first met here, were really something! Our companies opened fire at about 800 yards, but it remained ineffective. We moved closer and closer to the enemy, who for his part continued to approach us unconcerned. Very Soon™ we were facing each other at 50 to 100 yards. A fantastic exchange of fire took place without any visible German success. The Russian tanks continued to advance, and all armour-piercing shells simply bounced off them. Thus we were presently faced with the alarming situation of the Russian tanks driving through the ranks of 1st Panzer Regiment towards our own infantry and our hinterland. Our Panzer Regiment therefore about turned and rumbled back with the KV-1s and KV-2s, roughly in line with them. In the course of that operation we succeeded in immobilizing some of them with special purpose shells at very close range 30 to 60 yards. A counter attack was launched and the Russians were thrown back. A protective front established & defensive fighting continued.'

"The next day, a single KV-2 heavy tank, at a crossroads in front of Raseiniai, managed to cut off elements of the 6th Panzer Division which had established bridgeheads on the Dubysa. It stalled the Division's advance for a full day while being attacked by a variety of antitank weapons, until it finally ran out of ammunition"" - Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raseiniai

In HB (and maybe AB), if the KV-2 faces tanks it would normally face, it would be something to go up against.

and even if its up-teired to face other types of tanks, it would still be a huge nuisance until it was taken out.

If it's tiered against the german 1941 tanks, Tigers should be hammering Lee's and T-34's without worrying to face IS-2's and Pershings...

• Upvote 1

If it's tiered against the german 1941 tanks, Tigers should be hammering Lee's and T-34's without worrying to face IS-2's and Pershings...

Maybe in arcade there will not be any historical tanks figths. but in historical battles and obviously full real battles it will be. maybe the germans in historical battles will have a limit of how much tigers they can have per battle. or the germans will be significantly outnumbered every battle against there russian or allied oponnent like it was in the real war.

The kv-2 for that matter. if it will face mostly panzer 3,s with the 3,7cm gun and panzer 4 with the 75mm derp gun then it will have nothing to fear almost. it,s only fear would be to get immobilised and taken out by aircraft or substaintial fire on its weakspots. tanks are far more harder to balance in a game then planes. An early world war 2 me-109-e1 can still shoot down planes which entered the war 5 years later. With tanks this is mostly not the case or it requires very good skill and paitience or if they would outnumber the enemy. 

The way i see how they can maybe balance things out in historical time line battles. Is that let,s say a team of 30 russian tanks in 1941 battles can only have like a maximum of 5-10 heavy tanks and a couple of t-34,s with the rest only be like t-28,t-26 and t70,s. while the germans would be allowed to have large quantaty,s of panzer 4,s with derp guns which where more than able to take care with most of the russian ligth and some medium tanks. and panzer 3,s with 3,7cm guns which where also still superior to every russian ligth tank. 

if they are going to balance things the way i just described then it would mean that the russian heavy tank players really  should perfrom well to prevent there ligth and med tanks comrades to be destroyed and themselfs be surrounded by the germans. which themself easely have the capability to destroy the ligth and early med russian tanks but will be totally anhiliated if they get into a slugging match with the russian heavy,s which they can't penetrate while they are being attacked from all side,s by the russian ligths. this way of balancing would be historical accurate but it would ask alot of skill from the playerbase to make the gameplay enjoyable. and would ask for a lot of team work which is almost on clan war level. Which i do not believe fulltime arcade players want to have.

medal medal medal

I never said I was mimicking, I simply thought that writing something that I thought was enjoyable and quite fun to read would be a good idea, sorry that I have not lived up to your expectations.

Hue Hue Hue  

medal medal medal

Since the T-100-Z saw combat I want it in the game.

220909_T-100Z.JPG

The T-100Z did not see combat, your thinking of the T-100.

The T-100Z did not see combat, your thinking of the T-100.

But it did! Here's a picture of it fighting in the defense of Leningrad.

T-100-z+turret.jpg

Edited by t___a
  • Upvote 1

But it did! Here's a picture of it fighting in the defense of Leningrad.

T-100-z+turret.jpg

That's just a turret...

But t0nk is gloriously hidden under snow for the Motherland.

And when fascist tanks come, we start engine, and surprise the fascists by showing that we have two turrets!

Btw T___A did you see tank stream and what did you think of it?

Edited by RoflSeal
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

But t0nk is gloriously hidden under snow for the Motherland.

And when fascist tanks come, we start engine, and surprise the fascists by showing that we have two turrets!

Btw T___A did you see tank stream and what did you think of it?

No, I did not.

You sure about that? The hull could be in the ground.

I can find no references anywhere to the T-100Z ever existing.

KV-2 TOO GLORIOUS FOR GERMAN TONKS

MUCH STRONK

kv2_dubno.jpg

UNGLORIOUS FACIST CAN NOT WISTAND THE BEAUTY OF THE GLORIOUS KV-2

KV-VI.jpg

STRONK RUSSIAN TONK MADE BY GLORIOUS STALINIUM

• Upvote 1

I can find no references anywhere to the T-100Z ever existing.

Here's what the caption says.

"Leningrad Front. A tank that became a pillbox. Photograph by special correspondent A. Kapustyanskiy."

Edited by t___a

Here's what the caption says.

The caption could be wrong, if it was a tank, they would have put it in a ditch and not completely covered it up.

The caption could be wrong, if it was a tank, they would have put it in a ditch and not completely covered it up.

I've seen tanks completely covered up.

Lovely post! I can't wait to try the kv-2 ! Is number one in preferences:D