THEPUNISHERNL

KV-2 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

KV2 made of premium Soviet metal from the Urals, very good yes, blessed by Stalin himself, 100% superior to German metals

KV2 has superior flat armour, sloped armour much cowardice, KV2 takes hits straight on, like glorious soviet should

• Upvote 5
medal medal

it's good... until a Tiger rolls around the corner and knocks the thing out, they were only effective during the early days of Barbarossa.

But not from the front... That was the Tiger II's 88mm L/71's job!
medal

>Tiger II

>KV-2

There are three years between those two, and I doubt the KV-2 saw much service in 1944.

Just making the point that the Tiger I didn't do much against a KV-2, and that the Tiger II could.

medal

The Pak 40/KwK 40/Stuk 40 on the Panzer IV G / Stug III G was fully capable of destroying the KV2 as was the KwK 36 on the Tiger I:

2gyahkg.jpg

9zotqu.jpg

0u56.jpg
KV2 armor thickness^^^^^^^^

Edited by ROMMEL34

So, if Gaijin is going for historical accuracy, will the KV-2 be unable to turn its turret if on a slight slope?

Edited by TheScarlet_Devil

why do you want to nurf it for. the Russians made it to kill bunkers and lg tanks by hitting them with a 152mm artillery shell.Thats the way it was made to kill you or damage you. they got it right - it's a killer  

medal

The KV-2 is a monster in this game. It has a massive 152mm derp cannon that with HE ammo can 1 shot just about anything. BUT, I have noticed that the gunner apparently sits throughout the whole inside of the tank. If you get hit in the tracks, it kills the gunner. If you get hit in the rear fuel tank, it kills the gunner. It is SO FRUSTRATING to work your way around the map to get close up to the enemy and finally get in range and then BAM!! The PzIII 50mm shell took your gunner out on the first hit and then your big tank just sits there like a big paper weight. 

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? And when you play RB like I usually do, once your gunner is dead one that first shot, your game is over. You get no respawn in heavy tanks. This just seems a little unrealistic. A tank like the KV-2 (and same goes for KV-1 series) that was known for taking hit after hit and yet still firing and figthing, especially against the tanks it sees in this game, can die so easily.

Edited by Tank3rDude
medal medal

While the shot is often a one hit kill for me pretty much everywhere it lands, its reload time is insane. Also, it is very slow and sluggish, just like the KV-1.

While the shot is often a one hit kill for me pretty much everywhere it lands, its reload time is insane. Also, it is very slow and sluggish, just like the KV-1.

KV-1 is anything BUT slow and sluggish considering its a heavy tank . 40 to 42 kph on straights and pretty decent turn rate. Though this is me about the Kv-1 but still to unlock the derpenberg one. Expecting to be much slower due to the gun and turret ?

medal medal

I dont have the kv 2 yet but im reseaching it and ive personly been one shotted couple times in the kv 1. I also had a teammate rage quit because of it something needs to be fixed about it

Kv1 is very very tough. KV 2 has always withstood a lot of hits for me...

It will withstand hits but the crew surviving them and the tank being able to continue to fight is the problem. 

medal medal

The Pak 40/KwK 40/Stuk 40 on the Panzer IV G / Stug III G was fully capable of destroying the KV2 as was the KwK 36 on the Tiger I:

2gyahkg.jpg

9zotqu.jpg

0u56.jpg
KV2 armor thickness^^^^^^^^

Glorious KV2 was indestructible. Any claimed deaths of glorious KV2 are simply German propaganda.

medal medal

The KV and 2 can take hits but just be weary of long barreled 75's the germans use if they load APCR's they will easily pen you in most combar ranged and if they get one of their critical shots at the turret ring from the front its about 75% that sputnik will have liftoff 10 years early.

medal medal

Most frustrating tank i've played so far , every first shot i take destroys the turret controls only allowing me to aim up and down but not to the sides. this tank gets a -8 from me.

medal medal

Gloriously funny post - for Stalin!!

On Topic, seriously looking forward to reaching the KV2, about the most fun I have in my WoT time is trolling with the 152 :yes:

medal

This thing is horrible, seeing one makes you want to stay well away from the giant green turd of a tenk.

The one-shotting is funny for about five seconds~

Or 30.2 in the KV2's case.

medal medal

I've actually seen KV-2's do VERY well on kursk, but only as long range fire support with a pair of SU-122's for a group of T-34's and KV-1's. 

Me driving my stug III, i was dropping APCR rounds into his angled front at 500, not achieving much, repositioned down the hill and moved to flank the formation. KV-2 is slowly stomping the german gunline to death with the help of its little freinds. He's actually getting most of the kills due to the awful aim of freindlies around him!

I get into position, ammorack and otherwise knock out the SU-122's and one of the T-34's, while the rest of my team finishes off the KV-1's and remaining T-34's, before dying horribly. At this point, KV-2 pulls back. 

I keep moving about, occasionally dropping a potshot into this KV-2 from 500m, 400m, 300m. He's getting closer and closer and closer. I'm doing damage, but nothing critical, and i'm not hanging around long enough to let him get that massive gun pointed my way.

In the end, I actually have to run away TOWARDS other enemy vehicles, killing an SU-122 on the way with a lucky ammo rack hit, before scooting along a treeline as the KV-2 trundles towards my last firing position. Finally get on his flank. He spots me, and that battleship turret trundles my way. For the first time, i stand my ground, I'm low on AP and APCR rounds, so I cant keep sniping at him. Keeping the terrain in my favour i pop APCR around the sides of his gun mantle, doing minor damage with each shot, but slowly wittling him down. 

Then he fires.

Miss!

I close for the killshot.

But Kudo's to that KV-2 driver for being a VERY good tanker and preventing me from getting any decent flank shots into him. Its one of the Russian tanks that i treat with a great deal of respect to the pilots. Unlike SU-122's which seem just to absorb shells like no tomorrow sometimes and feel kind of cheap. I actually have given up using APCR on them and just roll with regular AP in the stug. 

Not sure if its just me, but this tank has a fear factor with that 155mm, no-one wants to eat a 155mm shell! 

Edited by Greasel_burger

GLORIOUS POST

I love it Funny as Hell - thks for the laugh !

medal

4 times in a row (until i got killed) i recieved "target undamaged" from an IS-1 i have been shooting with the tiny pellet gun of the KV-2.

You know, that little 152mm artillery.

Once on the turret, twice on the hull and once i didnt see due to jungle (hail the aimbot fairey).

Im not sure if this is a bug or not, but ive been killing tigers and panthers with this thing in red hit locations, and on the IS-1 i get "FU" on green penetration zones?