THEPUNISHERNL

KV-2 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

I must be doing something wrong with my KV-2. Everyone said use HE ammo and aim for the turret. I've been doing this but with fairly unimpressive results. Killed a few heavy tanks in 1 hit and light TD's are fairly easy to smoke but more often than not I just damage tracks, turrets and guns with no real crippling damage, mixed with the KV2's ridiculius reload time if they survive and you're not hidden you're dead.. Earlier I fired at close range at a enemy KV-2, hit him dead in the fat turret, killed a loader and did some module damage, but not enough to cripple him. He returns the favour and fires a shell into the driver area, straight through, whole tank blown away.

Is the APCR shell superior these days? I only used it a few times and didn't have a great deal of success.

medal

Other than max stamina and not getting hit, is there anyway top stop my KV2's gunner dying every hit? He's at 75% but no matter where I seem to get shot he dies, no one else is ever injured tho..

Highly frustrating when you spring a ambush after waiting 5 minutes to reload onto to have some random shell take him out.

medal

I find the radio operator radio skill to be useful in this regard if you know where the enemy tanks are easier to avoid being shot or ensure you  get flanking attack on them

alsoattack tanks that have just fired, unless that have multiple cannons  or friends nearby they cant shot back

Greetings.
Since a few days i cannot see the shells shot from the KV-2 flying towards the target anymore. Is this on purpose? If not, do others experience that too?
I used the visual component as a vital part of my targeting with this vehicle.

Edited by Gewitterhund
medal medal medal medal

21 minutes ago, Gewitterhund said:

Greetings.
Since a few days i cannot see the shells shot from the KV-2 flying towards the target anymore. Is this on purpose? If not, do others experience that too?
I used the visual component as a vital part of my targeting with this vehicle.

Quite possible that those 152mm Howitzer shells didn't have any tracers. Gaijin should probably add to the shell description if the shell has a tracer or not.

I actually like the lack of tracers. Now you see a tank, shoot and a few seconds later it just explodes xD

Edited by KillaKiwi
medal medal medal medal medal

There is obviously a main concern about the KV-2. as most of us tankers should know, there is an argument regarding if the KV-2 is the most op tank in the game. Just from playing with it there is some pros and cons that i've gathered.

Pros: 

1. Its pretty fast considering how heavy the thing is (52 ton) the thing can travel around 20 km (12 miles)

2. Good one shot gun as long as you use the AP round most.

3. Pretty strong chance of survival considering the crew number and how hollow the turret is

4. "good" armour

Cons:

1. The shape gives it away especially the tall turret

2. turret turn speed is horrible (KV-1 Chasis and turret ring still the same)

3. long and heavy reload rate at around 30 seconds meaning very bad if you miss your shot

4. "Bad" armour. only if you know where to shoot (Like side of turret cause of ammo/charge storage)

5. It's Russian. Meaning bad gun depression (around 5 degrees max)

6. Bad muzzle velocity especially for the HE shell.

Hope this was somewhat useful to all of you that are considering to research and buy one.

Edited by deomt11

Hello guys

I have a question about the Kv2, not about Kv2 in game but it's about a variant.

Once I saw a sort of Is-2 mod 1944 with a Kv2 turret in this video :

I was quite shocked, but i tried to find documents or information about it, but without success.So I though it was a (BULL@&*$%) fake. until I saw this picture 

KPar34d.jpg.71cc1942bb470abf1c661a412a6d

So, is this variant is a real variant or just a myth? 

On 10/26/2017 at 7:37 PM, Nexus411 said:

Hello guys

I have a question about the Kv2, not about Kv2 in game but it's about a variant.

Once I saw a sort of Is-2 mod 1944 with a Kv2 turret in this video :

I was quite shocked, but i tried to find documents or information about it, but without success.So I though it was a (BULL@&*$%) fake. until I saw this picture 

KPar34d.jpg.71cc1942bb470abf1c661a412a6d

So, is this variant is a real variant or just a myth? 

Post war, it's dated to 1988?

Edited by X_Alt