THEPUNISHERNL

KV-2 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

Hi, I have some serious thougths about the way how they are going to balance the kv-2 in historic and full real battles. In the real war the 152mm gun had the potential to destroy every german tank from any range because it didn;t had to penetrate to disable the tank. The impact of such a shell would just destroy most of the view ports and observation devices. and would cause spalling and splintering of the armor inside the tank(which we all know is bad for the tank crew)Even the heaviest tanks of the german army like the tiger 2 and jagdtiger tank destroyer where very vurnerable for such calibre of shell.

So like i sayed above. this tank has the potential in skillfull hands to be a nigthmare for every tank on every level. The gun will obviously have a long reload time. but without the aiming circle and accuracy game mechanics of that other tank game. There isn't really much other stuff to hold this gun back of being the absolute master of the field. Atleast not without also implementig it,s real world reliability issues and limitations. those limitations where:

1: the tank couldn't fire it,s gun if it stood on uneven terrain. it also couldn't rotate it,s turret if it stood on uneven terrain.

2. By designing the tank. soviet engineers didn;t take into the account what the consequences of such a heavy turret would have for the already pushed to it,s limits engine. This caused poor mobility and speed.

But if gajin would ever add those limitations to the kv-2. would this mean that other tanks which had reliabilty issues will get the same treatment?(with that i mean will they get there mechanical unreliability presented in the game?)

So what do you guys think how the migthy kv-2 will be handeld in the game?

Good luck on the battlefield! :good:

medal medal medal

it will be slow, has the profile of a barn and a turret that is one massive box.

and it has a howitzer so shooting at moving targets is going to be a pain. especially when you have to compensate for bullet drop.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

U forget another important part of that other tank game. In that game, the firing distance is unimportant for the player, the game compensate the gun elevation for the player. So and now try to hit an moving target over 500m or more with this gun...

medal

U forget another important part of that other tank game. In that game, the firing distance is unimportant for the player, the game compensate the gun elevation for the player. So and now try to hit an moving target over 500m or more with this gun...

Well going off Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 its not going to be so hard you don't need to hit what your shooting at if its a Pz III or Pz IV all you need to do is hit by it to get a kill.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well going off Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 its not going to be so hard you don't need to hit what your shooting at if its a Pz III or Pz IV all you need to do is hit by it to get a kill.

Lel, I remember I got once a 1.5km snipe on a StuG III in the KV-2 in Steel Fury.

My reaction

thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif_zps2c9470cb.g

Edited by RoflSeal
  • Upvote 5
medal medal

With the realistic damage models and fire rates of other tanks, you can't rely on the armor of the KV-2 like you can in some games. Ie, you peek around the corner to get a shot on the target and get a penetrating hit to the side of the turret. Kaboom. On the other hand, you can also kaboom them, albeit more difficult to aim. That and because of the much higher lethality all around, rate of fire will be very important, which the KV-2 lacks.

It will be fun entrenching the KV-2 in a town and recreating the Battle of Raseiniai as a horde of Pz III's?, Czech Pz35(t), AA guns, munitions trucks lol, etc. Can't find the whole tank list off googling, bleh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raseiniai

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/battle-raseiniai-1941-single-kv-tank-stopped-entire-german-kampfgruppe.html

Also of note the Germans captured KV-2s, calling them (Sturm)Panzer kampfwagen KV-II 754(r), and used them as artillery observation due to its height.

With the realistic damage models and fire rates of other tanks, you can't rely on the armor of the KV-2 like you can in some games. Ie, you peek around the corner to get a shot on the target and get a penetrating hit to the side of the turret. Kaboom. On the other hand, you can also kaboom them, albeit more difficult to aim. That and because of the much higher lethality all around, rate of fire will be very important, which the KV-2 lacks.

It will be fun entrenching the KV-2 in a town and recreating the Battle of Raseiniai as a horde of Pz III's?, Czech Pz35(t), AA guns, munitions trucks lol, etc. Can't find the whole tank list off googling, bleh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Raseiniai

http://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/battle-raseiniai-1941-single-kv-tank-stopped-entire-german-kampfgruppe.html

Also of note the Germans captured KV-2s, calling them (Sturm)Panzer kampfwagen KV-II 754(r), and used them as artillery observation due to its height.

But the thing is that the kv-2 will be relevant to almost all levels of tanks. While it,s rate of fire is slow it can take down anything it hits with one shot. The kv-2 doesn't have to fear a particular tank which it can't penetrate or critically damage. like most of the tanks will have while figthing high level tanks. I think it will all depend on which level the kv-2 will be put into. The kv-2 didn't came that much later into service then the t-34 and kv-1. so i guess it will be a low level heavy according to this games leveling system. this will mean that the kv-2 will have both good armor and an incredibly lethal gun against the opponents it will face. because it will be mostly figthing german panzer 3,s and 4 in historic battle that is. Panzer 4,s had problems penetrating kv,s frontally even with there upgraded 75mm guns. 

One thing is sure. the kv-2 will be an incredible interesting machine to drive.

medal medal medal

But the thing is that the kv-2 will be relevant to almost all levels of tanks. While it,s rate of fire is slow it can take down anything it hits with one shot. The kv-2 doesn't have to fear a particular tank which it can't penetrate or critically damage. like most of the tanks will have while figthing high level tanks. I think it will all depend on which level the kv-2 will be put into. The kv-2 didn't came that much later into service then the t-34 and kv-1. so i guess it will be a low level heavy according to this games leveling system. this will mean that the kv-2 will have both good armor and an incredibly lethal gun against the opponents it will face. because it will be mostly figthing german panzer 3,s and 4 in historic battle that is. Panzer 4,s had problems penetrating kv,s frontally even with there upgraded 75mm guns. 

One thing is sure. the kv-2 will be an incredible interesting machine to drive.

I think it will be tier 8/9 

KV 2 is a Derp gun of close encounters. Have fun at 800 m ranges in HB...xD

The gun the kv-2 uses has proven to be pretty accurate on the ISU-152. so i think it will be still able to hit targets reliable from atleast 1km

medal medal medal

Panzer 4,s had problems penetrating kv,s frontally even with there upgraded 75mm guns.

Panzer IV G's (KwK 40/Pak 40) should be able to easily get through the KV2:

0u56.jpg

The gun the kv-2 uses has proven to be pretty accurate on the ISU-152. so i think it will be still able to hit targets reliable from atleast 1km

The KV-2 used a different gun than the ISU-152. The one in the KV-2 had a shorter barrel, slower muzzle velocity and prolly worse accuracy.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhZothju46Y[/media]

That RoF.

[spoiler]kqww.png[/spoiler]

But really, I am eagerly awaiting tanks so I can use the mighty KV-2 and sling 152mm HE rounds at any enemy foolish enough to go in front of my gun.

This will all come [spoiler]

uGXA02H.jpg

[/spoiler]

Edited by Lag_Killed_You
  • Upvote 8

Little disappointed by the graphics to be honest. Admittedly, its just a 360p vid, but the ground is just a plain texture and the trees are very generic. You know what graphcis settings were used?

Edited by R_O_N_I_N
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Better grab the nerf bat

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Little disappointed by the graphics to be honest. Admittedly, its just a 360p vid, but the ground is just a plain texture and the trees are very generic. You know what graphcis settings were used?

The game has always looked like this. Plus, you do realise that this isn't ground forces gameplay, right?

• Upvote 7
medal medal

This is current in game footage. Like without proper textures or anything. If you want to see how tanks will look when implemented, watch this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKBRxYiOyH4&list=TLW2Yk5GqoEVN9sRDoWB9VxjiD7-Cwixxl

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Many tanks ingame shoot that fast for some reason.

Many tanks ingame shoot that fast for some reason.

Almost all tanks shot like that.

Good thing they don't actually hit anything.