wafu_vasco

Competition Ideas

Hello Guys,

This thread is here so you have a place to post your ideas for future competitions. The only real constraints are:

- Your ideas need to be realistic enough to have a reasonable chance of being incorporated into War Thunder.

- As this is the Historical Board any competitions have to be themed towards the historical elements of the game. This does not mean that competitions have to be based around 100% historical authenticity; just a nod towards real life history.

Thank you very much and we look forwards to hearing your ideas!

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal

I think we need more screenshot competitions. There are planes which has not many screenshots of them and some,which hasn't any.
  • Upvote 2

How about an Allies vs Axis themed contest? We could use the events mode for specific scenarios, for example the Battle of Britain. Both sides will play normally, but at the end of the contest, the sides with the most amount of battle victories will reward his side with in-game bonuses for a few days. You can also reward the best players of each side with something.

Surely it won't be a problem for Gaijin to fish out some game stats for that, am I right?
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

How about an Allies vs Axis themed contest? We could use the events mode for specific scenarios, for example the Battle of Britain. Both sides will play normally, but at the end of the contest, the sides with the most amount of battle victories will reward his side with in-game bonuses for a few days. You can also reward the best players of each side with something.

Surely it won't be a problem for Gaijin to fish out some game stats for that, am I right?

Yes,this is a good idea. :)
  • Upvote 1

As someone who cannot enter screenshot competitions, I'm not overly fond of them. So how about this:

Suggest a skin/camo competition: Players would write an article to suggest skins/camos for aircraft in the game. The suggestions would be ranked based on several factors, and the best suggestions would include both a gold reward, and the likelyhood of the suggested camo being implemented (possibly during a special where the article will be published on the main page).

Important factors: Historical relevance (why is the camo in question so interesting, what's the story?), quality and authenticity of images or illustrations of the camo, and how well the suggestion is written.

This is not another Ace of the Month competition. The idea is to cover historically fascinating camos and lesser known events. So Honduras would be more interesting than Germany, and the story of the worst pilot in history would be more likely to win the competiton than a biography of Hans Marseille.

• Upvote 6

Skins/Texture Comp for the love of God yes Please................

You could post a empty Template of say.... a KI84 for example ^^, with just the basic details added... Tires, Pilot, ect... but things like the Wings, Tail, Fuselage would be empty, would just be a basic guideline of where to draw in the details... and so players can paint their skin onto the template

only problem is having the parts line up correctly in game, I guess the in house artists could alter the Player Templates/Textures so that the skins line up correctly in game... or the Devs could release a Viewer Program for the Encrypted 3D model so that players can do the hard work them selfs

A comp like this is sooo badly needed.....

so the template would end up something like this, (Just a Sample of my Ki 44-2C)

6086.jpg

Then the Devs take the Skins,Textures or PSD files and then add it to the game

As someone who cannot enter screenshot competitions, I'm not overly fond of them. So how about this:

Suggest a skin/camo competition: Players would write an article to suggest skins/camos for aircraft in the game. The suggestions would be ranked based on several factors, and the best suggestions would include both a gold reward, and the likelyhood of the suggested camo being implemented (possibly during a special where the article will be published on the main page).

Important factors: Historical relevance (why is the camo in question so interesting, what's the story?), quality and authenticity of images or illustrations of the camo, and how well the suggestion is written.

This is not another Ace of the Month competition. The idea is to cover historically fascinating camos and lesser known events. So Honduras would be more interesting than Germany, and the story of the worst pilot in history would be more likely to win the competiton than a biography of Hans Marseille.

something like this:-

kmrj.jpg

s9xx.png

The Player submissions do not have to be as detailed as these, tho Quality and or Historical Accuracy should be a must and as long as the judges have a good idea what the camouflage pattern should look like

And as Rautaa had said above, is not a Ace Skin but focused on historically fascinating or neglected themed skins missing from War Thunder

Edited by Pacifica
  • Upvote 1

Rautaa idea is good.

It would be good to specify about what kind of skin competition should be.

For example, write a history and propose skin for Latin America plane. There were a lot conflicts and such, also many USA planes served there for a long time.

other time is may be about was puppets, dogs.

medal

Rautaa idea is good.

It would be good to specify about what kind of skin competition should be.

For example, write a history and propose skin for Latin America plane. There were a lot conflicts and such, also many USA planes served there for a long time.

other time is may be about was puppets, dogs.

Good point, themed competitions would probably work better. Thought my brilliant South America idea might get taken 50 times if the theme is restricted to South America. =) But yes to themes. And the theme could also be something more broad, such as American Fighters used by other nations.

@Pacifica: I actually would also like to see art competitions, but the issue for me is, that I am not an artist. Not that many members of the community have the skillset to work a decent skin. However, that's shouldn't discourage the devs from throwing an art competition and seeing what players come up with.

Offers the best event. The best bidder win. Proposals should include the event the game. 

Example my event offer. Operation Donnerkeil http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Donnerkeil

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I'm personally fond of the art contests. I'm digging Ruataa's/Pacifica's idea of a skin competition (maybe of a specific historical ace's plane or something to that effect). I wonder how difficult a template would be to incorporate (up to the art dept.), but maybe it's do-able without too much trouble.

My suggestion would be an artwork depicting a famous ace (a portrait, in their plane, etc.).

I also wouldn't be adverse to another decal competition down the road :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

mmm, and video art? something like a historical trailer or mini-movie?

Only 2 I can think of would be:

a short movie/video/trailer (like under 5 mins)

Original historically themed Propaganda posters 

medal medal medal

A contest where you have to write a poem about your favorite aircraft.

This is not bad.

I think the poem idea is a good one.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think that there should be a camo contest for the defeated/obscure countries; i.e., making a camo skin for say, the polish air force, which was wiped out pretty quickly.

I think that this could also be our way to pay respects to those brave pilots of outmatched aerial combat who still flew to serve home and country, regardless of the inevitable outcome.

For the Poles, the Danes, and all other quickly suppressed countries.

medal medal medal medal

"For example, write a history and propose skin for Latin America plane."

This could include such as Brazilian P-47´s in European war theater during 1944-1945, or Mustangs and Corsairs used in the Football War 1969. The planes are already featured in the game.

All sort of lesser known conflicts and aircrafts could be presented. For example Chinese Air Force fighters like P-26, P-36, I-15 bis and I-153 of the Sino-Japanese War.

And there are plenty of less known curiosities of ww2: Yugoslav Bf 109 E (used against Germans), Norwegian Gladiator, German planes with Iraqi markings in 1941 etc.

Spanish Civil War has been treated many times in the Forum, and skins related to it could be included.

As a competition, bonus points should be added if there is well written summary of the combat record of the plane or notes about the pilot, who flew the plane. Edited by hanwind

Ok,I have some ideas:

1.Make a video contest.People love doing videos.

2.Separate the screenshot contest in two different topics-one for the unedited screenshots and an another one for the edited.

3.Since many people have CBT access,make contest for tanks-screenshot or video would be nice.

4.Continue the decal contest.

5.Alternate the contests.

6.The most important part-announce news about the contests on the official page.You'll get a lot of popularity.

That's all!  :salute:

I would like to propose an idea for a new camouflage for a plane like the Bf-109 F-4.
The "Blue Squadron" was a squad (was five during the war taking turns every six months) of the JG27 of the German Luttwaffe. They flew many aircraft as BF-109 F2/4, FW 190 A3 or BF-109 G2. they fought on the Russian front in battle as Krasny-Bor, Leningrad or Kursk.
For more information
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escuadrilla_Azul296950_101935103290494_479049220_n.jpgv4o2.jpg

Edited by Varoferre

I would like to propose an idea for a new camouflage for a plane like the Bf-109 F-4.
The "Blue Squadron" was a squad (was five during the war taking turns every six months) of the JG27 of the German Luttwaffe. They flew many aircraft as BF-109 F2/4, FW 190 A3 or BF-109 G2. they fought on the Russian front in battle as Krasny-Bor, Leningrad or Kursk.
For more information http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escuadrilla_Azul296950_101935103290494_479049220_n.jpgv4o2.jpg

Wrong section,buddy...

I have an idea for next screenshot contest. It could be about the Korea war planes (focusing on the jets).

I have an idea for next screenshot contest. It could be about the Korea war planes (focusing on the jets).

Perhaps the historical board ought to do a contest in celebration of D-Day tomorrow if one isn't already planned, there's a lot of potential there

medal medal medal medal

There are lots of stories of heros on all sides of warfare.

I'd propose a skin contest of one historicaly acurate hero's plane from any country.

I've already got dibs on LT. Franz Steigler. :Ds

We do already have a regular skin contest but you are correct, we don't have a historical skin contest. Let me go and talk to important people and I'll report back...

Great idea!

EDIT - Having checked in, the answer is that it is a great idea with plenty of enthusiasm at higher levels, but we'll all have to wait to see how the new rendering model settles in before any new community skin plans can be initiated. 

medal medal medal medal medal

Nice! I'm excited to start on it, but I also think it's a good idea to hold off for the new models as they will look a lot nicer anyhow.

I also had a serious question for you guys.

I notice you guys don't use swastikas on the stock models of planes and that is fine, it's your choice and I'm not trying to debate that.

My question is, can I use a swastika on my plane for the contest or would that get it disqualified?