This has been my suspicion as well. 

It seems the instructor's tendency to always (gently) roll the plane level combined with his eagerness to kick the rudder causes the wobble in varying degrees when mouse-turning, cos I think instructor is trying to adjust for the difference in plane of motion between your aircraft and what your mouse is pointing at (the fly-to point for instructor). And difference in plane of motion will often occur when instructor sneakily attempts his always-level out. 

And once instructor starts kicking the rudder while mouse-turning, floppy fish mode is fully engaged and you now resemble a flying trout flopping on the ground. 

Exactly.

When the keyboard is not receiving input, and you are moving the mouse further then the nose can follow at the same rate your moving the cursor, Instructor has free reign to screw with you in certain aircraft. 

This is why not jerking the cursor 180 degree's and expecting the plane to follow it helps, because instructor doesn't "kick in". 

This is because anything done with the mouse is parsed through the relative control scheme, and the game has to "figure out" what you want the plane to do when you move the mouse.

However,  the keyboard controls overrule instructor, specifically dealing with Instructor messing with your ailerons and rudder.

Whatever input you're using, that's the only control surface instructor is going to mess with, because the game doesn't have to guess what control surface needs priority to complete the move. 

You're instructing the game that you're using the elevator, so it doesn't even think to mess with the rudder or ailerons. 

Unlike when you move the mouse, which will try to combine all your control surfaces to get you're intended trajectory.

So you will turn at your max turn, while still not stalling, because Instructor is most likely preventing you from pulling true max elevator, or just altering you're stall profile. I'm not 100% sure on that part.

Edited by CmdrSloth
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Gentle maneuvers and keybaord support, never had any trouble.

Edit:Most of times i reserve mouse  for shooting alone.

This is my exact play style as well.

So if I swap to Mouse-Joy option (I have no joystick) that will also solve the issue??

In a way, yes it would.

However, keep in mind that by switching to mouse joy, you would also be more  susceptible to actual spin outs and stalls, so it would require a different kind of finesse.

medal medal

Gentle maneuvers and keybaord support, never had any trouble.

Edit:Most of times i reserve mouse for shooting alone.

Basically same here. I mostly fly using ASD (S mapped for max elevator) left control for free look and when I lock target its alt for target look. Works good except!; when I turn and release S for mouse aimed burst, the wobble kicks in. Worst is Gladiator. I try to overturn to give time for wobble to pass before shooting, which often doesnt work cause bogey gets time to evade, or strafe during max elevator turn (not good either for effecctive bust).
Wish I had a solution for this!

edit: would love to try and get more equalizer awards in Gladiator. Shooting BnZers head on while theyre booming is hilarious. But the wobble is too much. Edited by Volthead0

Nope, I just set up the controls so it would work. Took me a good 2 hours though.

Thanks, will keep this in mind and maybe try it when I'll have enough time to set it up.

medal medal medal medal

Mouse aim wobble isnt even half as bad as Joystick wobble :/

They are different wobbles all together.

A wobble on a joystick is due to a flight surface stalling.

A wobble with the mouse is due to the relative control scheme getting confused, and not being able to prioritize a control surface to use, due to overturning with just the mouse.

medal medal

They are different wobbles all together.

A wobble on a joystick is due to a flight surface stalling.

or they have bad Flight models like the Spit9 which has horrid wobble

Mouse aim wobble isnt even half as bad as Joystick wobble :/

K. what are you talking about?

Are you talking about exceeding your angle of attack, resulting in buffeting, beyond which can result in tail spin?

Or are you just over correcting for torque or aileron trim? Cause I'm getting no "wobble."

medal medal medal

The second part of the solution is something people tend to fight me on sometimes: For quick, 180 degree turn arounds in the smallest space possible, DO NOT USE THE MOUSE. Bind a keyboard key (I use Left Ctrl, and use my pinky to hit it, but you can use anything that's comfortable obviously) to Maximum Elevator. This allows you to turn at your tightest potential radius without any wobbling to speak of.

this sounds a little stupid but, i dont know how you bind a key to maximum elevator, was searching controls and didnt find it....

Edited by BananaVG
medal medal medal

this sounds a little stupid but, i dont know how you bind a key to maximum elevator, was searching controls and didnt find it....

Just go into controls. Pitch Axis. Bind keys for maximum and minimum. 

medal medal medal

Just go into controls. Pitch Axis. Bind keys for maximum and minimum. 

ìll try that, thx

edit; i have already keys for that...

got advanced controls from the beginning.....

:facepalm:

Edited by BananaVG
medal medal medal

ìll try that, thx

edit; i have already keys for that...

got advanced controls from the beginning.....

:facepalm:

Haha, it's not that they are particularly advanced, it's just that not that many people use them.

It can feel a bit awkward at first, especially when using them to go into a tight gunnery solution, and quickly switching back and forth between the keyboard and the mouse to turn, but the benefits are huge, especially when you get jumped by more then one person, because maneuvering with the keyboard, allows you're right hand to be completely free'd up to focus on situational awareness, and watching exactly what your opponents are up to.

medal medal

Are you talking about exceeding your angle of attack, resulting in buffeting, beyond which can result in tail spin?

Or are you just over correcting for torque or aileron trim? Cause I'm getting no "wobble."

With me the issue is that War Thunder aircraft with joystick behave much differently (worse) compared to pretty much literally every single flight sim I have ever played. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

in general planes just being too sensitive making them wobble when you try to correct your aim and this is even while using the hidden nonlinearityslider settings, turn your pitch sensitivity up and youll see what im talking about (except mine is at the lowest setting,)

The 109 G6 is the best example i can think of for a plane that doesnt have this problem because the control surfaces getting harder to move the higher your speed is seems to actually modeled on it. This makes the G6 feel incredibly good to fly while most other planes are horrid and wobbly even when you move the stick gently.

Edited by Chocolate_Milk

in general planes just being too sensitive making them wobble when you try to correct your aim and this is even while using the hidden nonlinearityslider settings, turn your pitch sensitivity up and youll see what im talking about (except mine is at the lowest setting,)

The 109 G6 is the best example i can think of for a plane that doesnt have this problem because the control surfaces getting harder to move the higher your speed is seems to actually modeled on it. This makes the G6 feel incredibly good to fly while most other planes are horrid and wobbly even when you move the stick gently.

Then people are using a term incorrectly. That's not wobble. That's just sensitivity. 

I have my sensitivity relatively low as well. But when I'm testing certain stall features I turn my sensitivity up and try do it. I still don't get any wobble, in fact I can still fly fine with the sensitivity because I know how to control my aircraft. 

medal medal medal

Quick question that may not be as related as i think:

Im trying to get into HB using a joystick to avoid instructor-wobble, but im getting myself killed by overturning on realistic control settings.

Is there a control mode that cuts instructor-wobble but at the same time avoids stalling at every second turn?

Quick question that may not be as related as i think:

Im trying to get into HB using a joystick to avoid instructor-wobble, but im getting myself killed by overturning on realistic control settings.

Is there a control mode that cuts instructor-wobble but at the same time avoids stalling at every second turn?

Yea, you can use simplified I think, although I'm not sure. And in any case you'd still have to put up with the instructor in that mode. I can't even stand the auto trim in realistic.

Another solution would be to tweak your multiplier differently for each plane, but that's a hassle imo. Might be better to just stick to one plane for a while and learn its limits...