Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
i_ivanof

the BF109 B10 Glider

81 posts in this topic

So I tested the powerless stall with 100% elevator trim and I saw it literally "glide" to the surface. I then decided to try it from a higher altitude, say 5k and see if it would still do the same, well, here's the video.

Additional notes:

- Even though I turned the engine off, it still kept rolling to the right, as if there was some sort  of invisible engine torque, and since it has no ailerons trim, I had to manually roll it.

EDIT: apearently 109s were trimmed against engine torque, its this I guess.

- After a few minutes I realized I could set the mouse-joy to the left and use it as a trim instead, but I think I didn't do it right because it kept yawing to the right until the end.

- In the end, I managed to land on a field, run over 3 trees and still stay in one piece.

- I traveled a distance of around 15km in total if not more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlFouSTBjRo&feature=youtu.be

Edited by i_ivanof

G10 ufo.

This has been know for ages, but in the Q&A the devs said it should be fixed in a few weeks. 

link please?

link please?

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/67047-qa-27-09-heard-things-no-warranty/?p=1072479

And somewhere in that thread (i cba to look where exactly it is) senio said that the 109s are overperforming in pretty much every way.

So yeah, that nerf should pretty much finish up germany in this game :)

Edited by _Foxxy_

oh please

G10 ufo.

This has been know for ages, but in the Q&A the devs said it should be fixed in a few weeks. 

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/67047-qa-27-09-heard-things-no-warranty/?p=1072479

And somewhere in that thread (i cba to look where exactly it is) senio said that the 109s are overperforming in pretty much every way.

It's a fix not a nerf.

"First bf109-s will be fixed, then FWs"  

That's scary, if they fix 109's same as they "fix'd" D-13, ze germans will have no capable high tier planes (apart from Ta-152).

Bf fix, next patch, Fw's fix Soon™. /sarcasm

Edited by Emhyr

If they destroy the 109s maybe they will at least lower the repair costs to a sane level.

G10 ufo.

For ages? It got broken in 1.35... after the devs "fixed" the wobble issue. 

Edited by Paavopesusieni1

For ages? It got broken in 1.35... after the devs "fixed" the wobble issue. 

Nope.

It was doing that in 1.33, no stall. 

If they manage to fix the 109 like they did with the doras i just wonder what germans have left to fly?

you need superior plane to win?

you need superior plane to win?

No, just an plane able to compete. If they "fix" the G10 like they "fixed" the Dora (totally fucked up the FM with unhistorical invisible bombload), High tier is over for Germany. If they just fix the FM to historical correctness, it's fine. Would be nice to have a flyable D-12/13 though. Everyone is bitching about BF-109 - open your eyes, these are the only planes in German tree which can compete on high tier.

Edited by Micander

No, just an plane able to compete. If they "fix" the G10 like they "fixed" the Dora (totally fucked up the FM with unhistorical invisible bombload), High tier is over for Germany. If they just fix the FM to historical correctness, it's fine. Would be nice to have a flyable D-12/13 though. Everyone is bitching about BF-109 - open your eyes, these are the only planes in German tree which can compete on high tier.

K4?

Also go look at the British tree on the same ranks.............

One broken Tempest, so you know could be worse.

K4?

Also go look at the British tree on the same ranks.............

One broken Tempest, so you know could be worse.

The K4 is also an 109, and as is said, there's nothing wrong with fixing the G-10. Fixing as in "Don't fuck it up, correct it to historical performance". Btw: The same goes for the K4 and the TA152: You'll mostly face jets anyway.

The K4 is also an 109, and as is said, there's nothing wrong with fixing the G-10. Fixing as in "Don't Soon it up, correct it to historical performance". Btw: The same goes for the K4 and the TA152: You'll mostly face jets anyway.

Like I said, fixing it, not nerfing it, also pretty sure the Doras are being fixed soon as well.

Don't think the K4 suffers from the same problem either. 

G-10 can out dive a P-47D and P-51D, ;_; I floral you not. 

Only in the initial states of the dive, the thing is that the P-47 is broken and doesn't gain velocity as it should.

http://youtu.be/ifw39zScBGo

thats why its broken no plane should be able to do that

Edited by Flashbang

http://youtu.be/ifw39zScBGo

thats why its broken no plane should be able to do that

I just posted a video of me doing that exact same test from a higher altitude for 10 minutes and you come here to post this,

DID YOU EVEN READ THE GOD DAMNED POST?????????????

Edited by i_ivanof

I just posted a video of me doing that from a higher altitude for 10 minutes and you come here to post this,

DID YOU EVEN READ THE GOD DAMNED POST?????????????

and you need to calm down sir im just reinforcing your position thats not a reason for you to yell besides all you did was glide and didnt stall you didnt try to do horizontal turns at all this video i posted shows that it doesnt stall in the horizontal turns

Edited by Flashbang

and you need to calm down sir im just reinforcing your position thats not a reason for you to yell besides all you did was glide and didnt stall you didnt try to do horizontal turns at all this video i posted shows that it doesnt stall in the horizontal turns

I just hate people who don't even read the post, i wasn't really gliding, my elevator as trimmed at 100%, so technically it should have stalled very quickly, instead it just glided for 10 minutes

I just hate people who don't even read the post, i wasn't really gliding, my elevator as trimmed at 100%, so technically it should have stalled very quickly, instead it just glided for 10 minutes

exactly your trying to prove that the G10 does not stall right and im trying to reinforce your point yet you are being hostile to me