Lt_Cdr_Lowe

Royal Navy Tech Tree - The Wishlist

What size of guns on the L, J and Ks?

BL 18" Mk.I  :Ds

For the K,I and H BC's and L, M and N BB's. The J3 BC had 15" and the G3 had 16.5"

medal medal

HMS Nelson cost £7,504,000 to build. Allowing for the fact she used some material from Hood's sister ships, and the cost of subsequent refits (8,000,000 is a nice round figure to work with), she would cost just under £412,000,000 to build today. Type 45 cost just under £6.5 billion, for perspective.
medal medal medal medal

Armed Yachts

Guns

Ambler

Beaver

Caribou

Cougar

Elk

Grizzly

Husky

Lynx

Moose

Otter

Racoon

Reindeer

Renard

Sans Peur

Vison

Motor Torpedo Boats

G Type (11)

D Type (10)

B Type (80)

lol next thing u know there will be armed life boats and rafts 2x9mm 

medal

Here's a question, what classes of ships would be in a likely tech tree?

Here's a question, what classes of ships would be in a likely tech tree?

Well according to the web page http://warthunder.com/en/game/features/5/current/ and logical guesses we should see a basic mix of Carriers(various types), Battleships, Cruisers(various types) and Destroyers been the main types. As well as seaplane tenders for flying boats. I do remember somewhere seeing official PT or gunboat screen shots, so its safe to assume Frigates and corvettes will be in a lead up to the main classes.

No Submarines  :secret:

medal medal

Question is how they balance that with them all in the same match.

How do you stop everyone just choosing Battleships? Will aircraft carriers become the 'Bombers' of naval battles. 

I have a feeling we will have to move to a lobby system with slots, where a minimum of each type of craft is needed before a match starts, say a maximum of two battleships per side in a game or something.

It'll be interesting to see whether light/medium and heavy tanks will all be in the same battle or whether the tiers keep most of them apart, 

It wont be too bad, Destroyers zerg rushing everyone will a heap of Torpedo tubes, Cruisers been able to keep destroyers at arms reach with their faster firing main guns that pack quite a punch, Battleships been able to destroy cruisers with their huge main guns but will struggle against faster maneuvering targets like Destroyers. Carriers will be able to kill lumbering battleships, but will be dead if anyone gets sight of them. Frigates, corvettes and sea plane tenders will be nice in those early teirs to branch off to the rest.

medal medal

Battleships have plenty of secondary armament for dealing with destroyers. They might get some torps off though if lucky but I dont think they will make it back.

Edited by BuccaneerBill

I don't actually see battleships as top tier infact, I can see things like AA cruisers,  Super carriers, ASW Carriers and maybe small fast pocket battleships at that tier 17-20. Battleships  lower down and occupying lower levels where they will reign supreme but at later levels carrier and cruiser doctrines will reign imo to reflect sea warfare evolution. If not I can see us in a situation where battleships are just grind traps for nooobs and the game will lack balance. How for example an A-150 could be comparable to a Essex class in terms of strategic asset I don't know.

Edited by DrSwain

I personally think in sea warfare gaijin should combine levels 1-5 5-10 and so on because ships are not planes and they were used longer and modified many times
medal

I personally think in sea warfare gaijin should combine levels 1-5 5-10 and so on because ships are not planes and they were used longer and modified many times

But just as planes, ship performance will greatly outclass the previous ones. Consider the scale of the arms race going into WW1.

medal medal

Do you think CAM-ships will be good as a lead-in to the carrier branch?

Not particularly, they are just Merchants with a single one use fighter to ward off any long range reconnaissance aircraft. In saying that we could see one use fighters initially for some of the WW1 era battleships.

I think there are plenty of Sea Plane tenders that could be used instead, for low teirs while allowing early carrier players to still get the hang of commanding all the aircraft roles and recovering the aircraft afterwards.

medal medal

Battleships have plenty of secondary armament for dealing with destroyers. They might get some torps off though if lucky but I dont think they will make it back.

*Cough* Taff 3 *Cough*

Q ships for low tier prem?

That could work, i mean they did pack early cruiser armament, most of the powers have at least a variation of them.

Though been unarmored they could be a bit of a pain for new players who bought a premium trying to get the hang of the game.

medal medal

I wonder how the Soviet fleet will fare, AFAIK they didnt have much in the way of modern ships, particularly BB, and I havent heard of Soviet A/C carriers of that period

Look at the specific threads in the soviet subforum ;)s

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/44099-i-haz-found-it/?p=586588

medal medal

lol next thing u know there will be armed life boats and rafts 2x9mm 

That's a lie! They had a case full of grenades too... seriously, you're looking at a couple of rednecks fishing.