P1_D4rk_FalcoN

New SB Players - Advice and tips -

gruber, can one go into custom battles alone? I thought you had to be at least two? Or do you mean the mission editor down left in the test flight page?

medal

Just now, Senilix said:

gruber, can one go into custom battles alone? I thought you had to be at least two? Or do you mean the mission editor down left in the test flight page?

Absolutely can go alone or invite friends, even allow random public players! And, in my very unlearned opinion, flight physics in customs more closely match multiplayer than test flight.

See top center button "The Battle" > click under that to open the color picture tabs for AB RB Etc, select "custom battles" > "create session". From there you can choose from countless maps, select how many bots, select nations, weather, time of day. You get only biplane bots but still, custom battles are a tremendous resource for practice or pleasure flights. Unfortunately Island Raceway is bug-reported but not fixed yet.

Test flight mission editor is cool but, have you ever noticed how hard it is to catch the enemy?  Then try opposing side and it's still hard to catch the enemy? Grrrrrrr! Arcade flight model bots I'm guessing. I find it extremely frustrating. 

Anyway, in simulator mode test flight, custom battles & multiplayer games, everyone's controls default to full-real. You must remember to set your test flight or custom battle to "simulator" at the top or the physics can be confusing using full-real controls.

What you excatly mean by "at the top". Do you mean the battletypselector at he top middle of the screen or the difficulty setting when i use the mission editior or custom battle setup screen.

So far i was not lucky with setting up a custom battle. I always told me i need atleast a second player, so i have choosen the testflight mission editor so far to get some bots up and do some experiments with grafrics.

But i will follow your advise and post in some specific threads. Did some more testing yesterday and am now done to just two issues, one visual and controler related.

2 minutes ago, AgathosDeimon said:

What you excatly mean by "at the top". Do you mean the battletypselector at he top middle of the screen or the difficulty setting when i use the mission editior or custom battle setup screen.

So far i was not lucky with setting up a custom battle. I always told me i need atleast a second player, so i have choosen the testflight mission editor so far to get some bots up and do some experiments with grafrics.

But i will follow your advise and post in some specific threads. Did some more testing yesterday and am now done to just two issues, one visual and controler related.

At the top - I mean difficulty setting at the top of custom or test flight mission editor creation screen. With difficulty set to "simulator" you should not notice a difference between Realistic & Full-Real controls tab as you should be defaulted to Full-Real controls.

Be aware that we've had a recent patch which has, for me, totally made my saved trim settings behave erratically and even though I've deleted my saved trims, they return randomly. This might be the source of your issue with physics oddities.

It's true, you must allow at least 1 bot into a custom battle on opposite team. This to me is "alone" so the definition is disputable, I suppose. 

Regardless of previous experience in other simulators, starting war thunder sim is an experience of "putting out fires" until you settle in. There are things which don't make sense and there are bugs and oddities to acclimate to. After your technical issues are resolved, you'll be faced with how different Tiers, different time zones & different nations affect gameplay and queue times. 

Just startet a few days ago into WT airwar, didnt know i could save trimsettings. So i do not think there is anything that can return. ;) But just to be sure where would i find them and how can i save some. Cause it would be a great help.

Regardless of previous experience in other simulators, starting war thunder sim is an experience of "putting out fires" until you settle in. There are things which don't make sense and there are bugs and oddities to acclimate to. After your technical issues are resolved, you'll be faced with how different Tiers, different time zones & different nations affect gameplay and queue times. 

I already noticed that. Things like Tiers, time zone etc. i know from other sims. Startet online flying 20 years ago, and so i take those issues as the usual stuff involed with any online sim. The technical things and oddities really make the start tough and unpleasant for me. Cause so far i did not experience such issues in all my online flight sim years, especially the visual side, where you get that feeling that others see more than you and acutually it is technical thing and not and SA or spotting thing. ;)

1 hour ago, gruber33 said:

It's true, you must allow at least 1 bot into a custom battle on opposite team. This to me is "alone" so the definition is disputable, I suppose. 

OK, now I understand your point ;-)

• Upvote 1
medal

On 16.9.2013 at 10:55 PM, P1_D4rk_FalcoN said:

After reading and thinking about what has been said these days, I came to the conclusion there are several reasons why FRB mode isn't popular : lack of icons, difficulty to spot targets and track them, controls (joystick or not). This is what makes people lose patience after a few games and do not come back.

!

A special THANKS to Waroch who translate this post from original

After having 500 sim battles I am having thoughts about leaving. I love usaaf especially p-51 but what ever i do, i just can't take japanese. Can't dogfight at low or high alt. Can't boom n zoom as far as i get close they just turn. And ive to run asap dive away. Just getting sick of climbing and missing shots spending time with climbing that's my problem

I just played a couple of matches...I know how to fly...but really quite confused about the objectives...joining already on going games when I don't opt for it...multiple objectives...I just found myself flying around flying close enough to dots to ID...was able to take pot shots at bombers and haven't encountered fighters in this round...But wow, I was shocked at how much  RP I gained, even when I just exited the game before it was finished. I like that you can respawn...unlike Realistic, unless I got that wrong, correct me if I'm wrong.

But all in all... I like the fast pace of Arcade...but I will definitely drop by if I need some RP in a hurry.

• Like 1
medal medal medal