P1_D4rk_FalcoN

New SB Players - Advice and tips -

Got 20 some missions in now, seems ok so far. Only had one guy try to teamkill me so far, it was because I shot down the last bot ending the game. I guess their are some a**h**es here too.
See some funny stuff in this mode. Long trains of alternating enemy\friendly planes. Seems many of us forget to check our six while were lining up to shot.
The graphic improvement of 1.37 makes SB possible.

I feel more and more the patch did something to spotting. And not anything good

I'm not flying on the big maps if possible. It's too easy for people to hide. That's what's nice about the duel mode.. People are forced to stay in the middle of the map.

medal medal

I am a newbie in FRB, I've been playing with a Joystick since xmas and I've got about 25 player and 5 AI kills under my belt. However my aim is crap and I'm not good at maneuvers. So is there any notable or any Youtubers with really good FRB tutorials?

Here is a story,

So I was flying my P 63 over Bulge, after climbing and surveying the area for some time I could see tracers in the distance and in the text bar it read that a friendly was being attack by a "Dora." I flew over the area and began my dive, I lined up shot and got some 50. cals into his wing, now at a high speed and low altitude, I zoomed away for a brief time and then performed an Immelmann (Keeping view on him for the most part). Diving on him again, he passed through my cockpit view going 400Kph and during that brief split second  I had I fired my 37mm and completely destroyed him.

Undoubtedly this was the most intense battle to date in FRB and one of my first, it was such an adrenalin rush and was such a fluke of a kill (but it was such an epic one).

But to the newbies like me: 

Don't play full real battle expecting dogfights galore or kills for that matter, however expect when you do get in a dogfight with a foe it will feel so sweet trying to shake him of your tail and getting on his, and when you pull that trigger of click that mouse and put him down, it is that feeling why we play full real battle. 

• Upvote 1

My plane turns left when my stick is at central position. What can I do to fix this?

Also, are you limited to shallow turns, because whenever I try to pull a sharp turn, I spin everywhere. Or, how do you recover?

I'm trying to play this mode because I finally found the realistic game I've been looking for. Any help is appreciated.  :salute:

medal medal medal

Its normal . Apply opposite rudder or trim the plane to fly straight. And then retrim it some more

I'm pretty sure you pull to fast and hard on the stick when you turn and that's why you stall out.
Use smooth movements.

To recover just let go of the stick and the plane will sort it out by it self. You might try and point it earth bound to speed things up. Edited by B2_Otyg
  • Upvote 2

Its normal . Apply opposite rudder or trim the plane to fly straight. And then retrim it some more

I'm pretty sure you pull to fast and hard on the stick when you turn and that's why you stall out.
Use smooth movements.

To recover just let go of the stick and the plane will sort it out by it self. You might try and point it earth bound to speed things up.

I figured that I probably was pulling too hard.... 

I'll have to try that stall recovery next time I'm in SB.

Thanks!

medal medal medal

Just finally flew my first Sim Battle! Flying the killer He-112A-0, got chased by a couple Yaks a different points.. Looked like one crashed as he tried to out turn me, and the other killed by a team mate luckily. Then I had a I-153 on my tail, knew I couldn't out turn him, so I tried running and he wasn't able to get a shot with his huge nose blocking his view of me at tree top level. Basically just left him on my tail, outran him and eventually he crashed and wasn't on my tail anymore. Finally was able to take out an AI I-15 who wasn't too situationally aware, and an AA gun. Flew around for awhile trying to find the last enemy or find a ground target. Looked like all I could find were pill boxes. Ended up winning when enemy team lost all its planes and I got a bunch of trophies and the largest single SL amount I've ever had for one mission :) Off to watch the replay.

Edited by simpliciter
  • Upvote 2
medal

Have literally just started in SB and really needed to some tips on how to get going! Using the mouse so far has been fine using the mouse-joystick controls (although a joystick would be nicer)

Thank you very much for posting this!! :salute:  Now I shall go and practice some more 

medal medal medal

Have literally just started in SB and really needed to some tips on how to get going! Using the mouse so far has been fine using the mouse-joystick controls (although a joystick would be nicer)

Thank you very much for posting this!! :salute:  Now I shall go and practice some more 

Just practice and a good control settings  :yes: 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I think it would be really frustrating to do SB with only a mouse... its so useful to use as a totally separate view control to think of having it slaved to plane control. I guess you can toggle between them but bleh.

medal

What is up with taking off!!!!!!! I have actually taken off in a real plane and it wasn't as near as hard as trying to get off the ground in simulator battles!! This is ridiculous! If you have noticed I am trying to yell, it is partly because I realise I really suck at taking off and partly because I'm desperate to be better!! arrrgghhhhh! Why is it so hard? Everytime I get close to taking off I peal to one side and get smashed. I'm so sick of it I just wanna get off the ground :facepalm: . Please help me, I don't know whats going wrong :(s

What is up with taking off!!!!!!! I have actually taken off in a real plane and it wasn't as near as hard as trying to get off the ground in simulator battles!! This is ridiculous! If you have noticed I am trying to yell, it is partly because I realise I really suck at taking off and partly because I'm desperate to be better!! arrrgghhhhh! Why is it so hard? Everytime I get close to taking off I peal to one side and get smashed. I'm so sick of it I just wanna get off the ground :facepalm: . Please help me, I don't know whats going wrong :(s

Using a mouse or joystick?

medal

Are going straight down the runway? So you are using rudder to counter the torque of the engine. But if your planes lifts off, you have to counter rudder and torque by rolling in the other direction. but be gentle to your controls!

If you can't get it working: US P-38 Lightning has no torque effect (2 counter props) and the German FW190 is very easy to takeoff and fly.

medal medal medal medal

Try using the Elevator/Aileron/Rudder trimming in full real controls, it helps out a lot.

Try using the Elevator/Aileron/Rudder trimming in full real controls, it helps out a lot.

Hey, yeh I changed my controls and realised that I was being too heavy on my tail rudder. I was holding the keys for far too long. I got off the runway today and even shot down a plane in a simulator battle. However my successful attempts have been mampered by 15minute waits for battles, and most of the time when a battle does start it says I have been disconnected from the server? is this a regular problem for people?

Are going straight down the runway? So you are using rudder to counter the torque of the engine. But if your planes lifts off, you have to counter rudder and torque by rolling in the other direction. but be gentle to your controls!

If you can't get it working: US P-38 Lightning has no torque effect (2 counter props) and the German FW190 is very easy to takeoff and fly.

hey, yeh I had the rudder to counter the engine okay. I was just too heavy on the elevator. I have since posting, successfully taken off and landed! cheers for the response!