Guest Heliosiah

German Aircraft Instruments

I'm pretty sure the top one is like haubennotabwurf, which is a canopy jettison pull.

And the other one is probably a bomb jettison. 

medal medal medal

So nobody has any idea what the "homing indicator" is and what is its use?

Here is another one... I've seen this kind of aiming device in more planes, but here is from He 112. Any idea what is it?

[attachment=176062:he112-cockpit.jpg]

Edited by PliciPlici
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hs 129B-2

Can someone explain to me what is this homing indicator and how it works?

attachicon.gifcockpit.png

This is probably an AFN-2 type homing indicator. Basically it's a VHF, or very high frequency band. It's an X receiver, a ground station will send out a signal to be detected by this indicator. I'm not 100% on how the individual relays work but essentially you're using these frequencies to triangulate the position of the aircraft to that from the station. One antennae on the ground will rotate an propagate a signal while the other will send out an omni directional master signal, they're timed in such a way that their phases different in comparison to the other. You can determine the bearing of the aircraft by comparing the phase of the master with the spinning signal. You can use two of these ground stations to then fix the position of the aircraft. 

So nobody has any idea what the "homing indicator" is and what is its use?

Here is another one... I've seen this kind of aiming device in more planes, but here is from He 112. Any idea what is it?

attachicon.gifhe112-cockpit.jpg

This is an iron sight. The cross hair in the glass can be turned on and off, if that were to happen without the pilots will, then the pilot could use the iron sight instead. 

medal medal medal

Wow that is so amazingly helpful thank you so much, I'm ashamed to admit it I may have been looking for about 3 weeks for the gyroscope ><

• Upvote 1

Necro, Locked.

• Like 1