The War Thunder Bible

Well the OP did start out as one of the trolls mentioned by his post, but at least he posted a constructive topic. Just some people don't like to be preached at by someone who originally did those things, if you get my meaning.

Was I really?
Please explain that.
I honestly don't understand.

Some moderator please unpin this thread. It really serves no purpose.

I couldn't agree any more. 

Just because someone spends a lot of time typing BS, doesn't mean it is useful. 

• Upvote 5
medal

Well I'm planning to write a part three,

just going over a few other myths and a guide of new players.

But I'll have to consult DSRT about it, because I don't want to hurt his feelings.

But If the mods feel like taking it down, I'll have no objections.

after your last exchange I'd say unpin it, lock it or delete it and you need to keep part three to yourself.  The reason I say that is if you want the public's ear, you should reasonably expect to endure the public's mouth and frankly from what I've seen; you can't take criticism or disagreement worth a damn.

• Upvote 3

after your last exchange I'd say unpin it, lock it or delete it and you need to keep part three to yourself. The reason I say that is if you want the public's ear, you should reasonably expect to endure the public's mouth and frankly from what I've seen; you can't take criticism or disagreement worth a damn.

I'm a bit beyond trying to be civil with people who can't bother.
Hey. Mate, Sure, if you really find it so objectionable, so offensive and so unavoidable you want it removed, then sure.
Message a mod.
Just because its there and you don't like it doesn't mean you have to read it and tell us all how stupid it is.
Sure, if people read it and disagree with it then why do they keep coming back and commenting?
If you hate it that much then why don't you just go "Well shit, that guys an idiot" and get on with whatever you're doing?
And no. I can take criticism. I'm just finding it hard to comprehend why people that have such an obvious objection to this post spend so much time on it?
Seems like all you want to do is argue with the people that like it.
Thats what I don't understand, there seems to be this group of people that use the internet with the sole intent of abusing people or argueing with them.
They'll even misquote them purposely, or summarise posts to a poibt where they have no relevance at all to the original.
They'll misinterprete them, they'll basically do anything.

Now if your feelings are really delicate enough to be hurt by this thread then delete it. I'm sick of receiving responses from teenage kids and middleage men that only want to argue.
I'm open to suggestions. Maybe I'll make a thread where all you guys can perfect your best little girl voices.
I don't care anymore, I'm so over people thinking they run the joint here, simply because they have all day free here to contest people's every word.

Go ahead, Delete it.
It'll give you more time to give your right arm a workout anyway.

Just remove the last part of the thread, since it is a rant on how American tree is fine and German tree is UP, which isnt that going against the whole do not complain bit?

This is why i had a problem with your post, you preach all these things, then go break them in the last part.

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal

Just remove the last part of the thread, since it is a rant on how American tree is fine and German tree is UP, which isnt that going against the whole do not complain bit?

This is why i had a problem with your post, you preach all these things, then go break them in the last part.

^^Bingo

Brilliant post.

I disagree. The OP had some good points, followed by some contradictory ones, but as far as it being any kind of a 'Warthunder Bible', it's about as far from that as you can get. Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone thought it was good enough to be stickied, but that's just me.
medal

I disagree. The OP had some good points, followed by some contradictory ones, but as far as it being any kind of a 'Warthunder Bible', it's about as far from that as you can get. Quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone thought it was good enough to be stickied, but that's just me.

Well, the good points were brilliant. The last bit was a bit meh.

I liked the post.  I am new here.  I'm just going to stick to the lower levels for the first year I play this and see how they develop this sim.  As for trolling.   I have a hard time with the term because I troll for salmon ff the British Columbia coast often and that is where I keep it.  I wish others would.   You actually have something to show for it at the end of most days.   

Good article            Ell Tee

Good topic, but you are a tad elitist man. I rarely see anyone go to the extremes you say they do. Actually, what i usually see is someone making an opinion that differs from the pack (spit mk 9 is in no way shape or form imbalanced at all and is perfectly fine posts ex) that get utterly bombarded. Honestly, my problem with the FM team and the primary one is their ability to listen. the test servers for example, everyone saying the spit mk 9 overperforms for its tier, and gaijin does nothing and releases the patch. on top of that the spit mk 9 (9/2/13) today is on sale for 60% off. My grudge is planes of the month, because only an idiot would lose a level altitude fight against a spit mk 9 in a G2 or G10. but how often do you see a 1v1 in the middle of the map? I see swarms of fighters colliding. one example is a team of 5 spit mk 9s, 4 of which americans on berlin. against a mixed team of 2 g10s, 1 d13, an a5, another plane i forgot, and 2 TA152s. every single pilot wolfpacked off way to the side and climbed. There were 2 spitfires 3km higher even still that caught them in the climb. BnZ'd they stood no chance. It's like an F86 pilot fighting a good MIG15 that takes advantage of his crutches. I just cant compliment Gaijin tbh, especially because in WoT beta it was around 80% complete and was still free. (granted they reset everything)

medal medal medal medal medal medal

ive read it through, it may be a little bit late, but your views are very sane, but once has to be remembered the internet, there will be always that kind of treatment, doesnt matter how much you preach about love and whatever, its the sad but dark side of the internet unfortunaly

medal medal

good read - enjoyed it :good:

I would say the part about general behavior looking and asking for decency and common sense is most important here - the rest can be questioned or discussed this way or another. Most of all it proved to be inflammatory and provoke many and that's how good posts work. From that point of view its worth being pinned. Its worth discussing too, however posts asking for closing it are ridiculous and not worth responding I guess.

If someone can't stand it please open your own topic called Close The WT Bible and try to get it pinned for its obvious qualities. You might prove you have something interesting to say then.

Long story short: discuss what's in the post not the post itself or (worse!) the supposed author's flaws.

• Upvote 2

Dear Gaijin gods please SMITE THE TROLLS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Oh yeah almost forgot good post and i don't see why this makes people so mad. I wonder if they think it offends their competence because they interpret what this as someone calling them out for what is obviously true.

I have a very low tolerance for morons as you can tell  :facepalm:

Speaking of morons RUSSIANS SO OP? No I love watching them do a dive in HB as it rips their wings off it makes my day.

• Upvote 1

tldr.jpg

only read up to the complaining part and i agree with everything you said..

will continue reading another time  :Ds\

what i can say.. at least you know how to paragraph a Wall of text.. but still quite long

Edit: finished reading part one and got to say.. GOOD JOB :good:  :good:  :good: 

however, i got to disagree with your "fanboy" part.. because i know of a few people one the forums that are completely biased to one nation. and i can tell by what they write in their topics and posts .

i will be honest and say i really.. really.. and REALLY dispise the murician community of war thunder. Maybe the germans too but i do not see as much "german biased" post compared to the "murician biased" post.... i hope you can enlighten me on this. Thx :D

but calling it a bible????? not good... prefer it to be a war thunder religion and not a war thunder"chistianity"

• Upvote 1

tldr.jpg

only read up to the complaining part and i agree with everything you said..

will continue reading another time  :Ds\

what i can say.. at least you know how to paragraph a Wall of text.. but still quite long

Edit: finished reading part one and got to say.. GOOD JOB :good:  :good:  :good: 

however, i got to disagree with your "fanboy" part.. because i know of a few people one the forums that are completely biased to one nation. and i can tell by what they write in their topics and posts .

i will be honest and say i really.. really.. and REALLY dispise the murician community of war thunder. Maybe the germans too but i do not see as much "german biased" post compared to the "murician biased" post.... i hope you can enlighten me on this. Thx :D

like actual americans or the game faction?
medal medal medal medal

like actual americans or the game faction?

Game faction of course......

Actual Americans?? Imma get banned for it lel

Whilst I know there are are a few that only play one faction, maybe even for one plane.
I do think it's comepletely irrational to refer to a whole nation as 'Fanboys'
Because ai reckon that 99% of players in game have played more than one nation.
Its gotten to a stage where any criticism or questions about a nation is quickly suffled out by a multitude of 'Fanboy'. Regardless of how valid the post is.
Its even happened in this thread.
I just find it frustrating that you can't have a converaation about a plane with a guy without him calling you and Fanboy, and Demanding flight analytics.
Some of us can't be bothered to structure a whole reponse with University style evidence for every response, and I think that the people that don't shouldn't be immediately ignored for this.
Sure if they are posting about flight models.
But if they are asking something simple like the top speed of a certain plane or a control issue, i think a short concise response would do.
Its a shame that elitism and the unwillingness to give people a chance is so widespread in here.
I have met a lot of good people in here, dont get me wrong.
But theres alwayas a certain group...

Whilst I know there are are a few that only play one faction, maybe even for one plane.
I do think it's comepletely irrational to refer to a whole nation as 'Fanboys'
Because ai reckon that 99% of players in game have played more than one nation.
Its gotten to a stage where any criticism or questions about a nation is quickly suffled out by a multitude of 'Fanboy'. Regardless of how valid the post is.
Its even happened in this thread.
I just find it frustrating that you can't have a converaation about a plane with a guy without him calling you and Fanboy, and Demanding flight analytics.
Some of us can't be bothered to structure a whole reponse with University style evidence for every response, and I think that the people that don't shouldn't be immediately ignored for this.
Sure if they are posting about flight models.
But if they are asking something simple like the top speed of a certain plane or a control issue, i think a short concise response would do.
Its a shame that elitism and the unwillingness to give people a chance is so widespread in here.
I have met a lot of good people in here, dont get me wrong.
But theres alwayas a certain group...

But still this does not prove my point wrong...your point is valid. But if you look at some people post, you notice that they are all completely biased towards one nation, or at the very least most...

I shall not mention their names, for it is against the rules to name and shame, but I hope u get what I mean

But still this does not prove my point wrong...your point is valid. But if you look at some people post, you notice that they are all completely biased towards one nation, or at the very least most...

I shall not mention their names, for it is against the rules to name and shame, but I hope u get what I mean

I do, I know there are people like that, but they are a minority.

You can't generalise the whole forum by a few people.