The War Thunder Bible

Funny how the op forgot that fanboys and brownnosers are even less constructive and unhelpful than the whiners.
Topic got pinned because it boils down to:

Never complain!
Devs are always right!
Devs never make any mistakes!

Lovely also how the op contradicts himself.

First he says some planes were just better than others, then he mentions the story about the ruggedness of the P-47 and how people supposedly misinterpret it.
Completely forgetting that it´s not just 1 single story like the boy who fell and impaled himself but rather an example for numerous stories which build a reputation.

Maybe the op does not know what a reputation means?
It is not limited to the P-47, it´s the same issue with the FW 190 to some extend. Why was the FW 190 favored as a ground attack plane and not the BF 109? Because it was more resilient.
Funny how some planes can reflect historical flimsyness (Zero) and ruggedness (IL) and others can not.
Isn´t it funny when people complain about the IL 2 being harder to shoot down and the fanboys always point to the reputation of ruggedness of the IL 2 (which is correct by the way).

Also double standards, speaking about the historical hitting power of cannon shells and using those as an explanation all the while defending the use of the "vitality" skill to prevent pilot kills.
It´s the same thing. People argue about how historically powerful cannon shells were to justify numerous cases of "pilot unconscious" while suggesting to "level up vitality" something that is so historical incorrect that it´s not even funny.

The Op does not like people being called fanboys when a fanboy is the very exact description of what he is.
Because his entire message could have been boiled down to:

Never complain!
Devs are always right!
Devs never make any mistakes!

Here is something of a guideline:
Don´t be a whiner but don´t be a fanboy either, Devs are human they also make mistakes, this game is supposed to be in beta which means testing if you find something thats not working right point it out but with some sort of data/ proof, whatever.

Sometime ago I suggested to make a chart of all aircraft which included speed, climb rate and the like and compare that to the historical data as well as update it with every new patch. I started with it and provided data for a handful of planes and asked openly for others to contribute as well to avoid the accusation of manipulation and bias, do you know how many people joined in? ZERO ! More than 70 different people had something to say in that thread but no one was willing to contribute! Lots of elitist talk, lots of baseless complaints and lots of baseless defensive talk too. BUT NO ONE REALLY WANTED TO FIND OUT FOR REAL whether climb rates were accurate or not! JJ_Jonas was the only one that I know of who made a chart of his own later on.

I am curious what people expect when they blindly arse kiss the devs? Do you expect free golden eagles?

People often mention Eve Online, do you know why the game is still around? 1 reason is because they LISTEN to the player base! EVEN AFTER 10 years!

The warthunder bible ? More the warthunder guideline of being a true fanboy

Does not speak too well of the mods that they have now started to pin topics like this.

I'm sorry it came off that way.
I tried to write in an impartial way but i guess no one can really do that, theres always going to be opinionated writing, regardless of how faintly traced.
I would contest a few points, but to be completely honest, I don't feel like arguing on here anymore.
If you don't agree with me then ok, I accept that. I'm not forcing you too agree with me. It was actually nice getting a reply in disagreement that was actually quite respectful and nice. Though I didn't care much to being labelled a fanboy.
All I want is a friendly playerbase.
Good luck in the skies,
Your mate,
Jack

It's the internet...It's human nature...I hope you don't expect any sort of change with this topic. As much as i agree with this, lets be realistic here...Haters gonna hate, complainers gonna complain, trolls gonna trolll. It's a sad truth and the sooner your realize this, the less it will bother you. Life goes on.

I agree with much of what Jack says and I disagree with your post. Excusing bad behaviour as 'human nature' and 'it's the Internet' is a massive cop out. We're still accountable to each other and have the power to make choices. I'd like to see more people making better choices with the way they interact with each other in game. We're not sheep.
  • Upvote 4

I would argue that there are way to many German and Japanese fanboys on this website than American. 

And that there is an unrealistic understanding of the German AF. 

That said, people are trumping up the P-47, a bit too much. 

Its still only your opinion, i just cant see why writing it in such a long manner would make it matter more and yes in fact i read it whole :)

Also I agree in most part of it but there is one thing that can be done to take away all this "plane statistic talk"

If you make the game more skill friendly and less equipment friendly you get less excuses to talk about planes being OP

For example, try playing a HB battle without enemy indicators and with friendly indicators appearing for example only from 1km away. It can be done in custom battles.

Now when you do this experiment you will see that everything is not that obvious, you have to spot with your own eyes, you cant judge enemy energy state that easily because there is no distance gauge etc etc game jumps on a whole new leve and it ceases to be important that much of what plane are you flying, also BnZ is much much harder so climbing is not that important. 

Everything becomes much much more skill related.

medal medal medal

Haha, trolls gonna troll.

Agree with OP, but as long as there is the internet and people who enjoy riling others up, there will be trolls.

I'm sure if we're being completely honest and look inward, we will find that there's a little troll in us all.

Not trolling, ATM, 

But What I'm trying to say is that the OP's post is no better than the whiners of the forums. 

He fails to understand that this is not a perfect world. So for some reason he comes on the forums to write his insignificant horse xxxx that is filled with hypocrisy and ignorance. 

See, a lot of people don't understand why people come on the forums to make OP plane threads or whine threads. 

1. They don't understand that the game is about historical accuracy(to build the closet possible FM that is is comparable IRL). NOT historical accuracy as in the planes that fought their real competitors IRL. If the game was like this than P-51Bs, Hellcats and Me-262s would be seal clubbing everything they fought IRL. Which would make a imbalance game!

2. For a over used, but great example would be the EPIC Dora-13 spam of 1.29. The typical American HB player would jump in a game and get absolutely seal clubbed by Dora-13s and Other high tier German aircraft. Then of course come on the forums and talk about how OP it was. WHAT they didn't understand was why the their planes all had place holder FMs would made them pretty much unusable, their .50 cals were garbage, MM was putting them in the wrong Tier, they didn't know the basics of air combat or what their aircraft were intended to do, especially the over exaggeration of what their aircraft could and could not do. 

3. The way Gaijin is making the game. For some reason Gaijin has decided built the game up favouring random nations in different tiers. This is okay in AB, but in HB it becomes unbalanced and unplayable for some aircraft. For example the Me-262 is unplayable for the Germans since it is being put up against Korean war ERA jets. Gaijin has been making Aircraft Data Sheets,which helps, but doesn't help people understand why the Spit 9 is climbing so damn good. In my opinion what they should do is tell us what was changed about the FM and link where the "Historical" data on that specific plane. 

I'm going to keep editing this comment tell I'm done debunking this hippies thread.

So yeah don't reply yet

• Upvote 2
medal

Not trolling, ATM, 

But What I'm trying to say is that the OP's post is no better than the whiners of the forums. 

He fails to understand that this is not a perfect world. So for some reason he comes on the forums to write his insignificant horse xxxx that is filled with hypocrisy and ignorance. 

See, a lot of people don't understand why people come on the forums to make OP plane threads or whine threads. 

1. They don't understand that the game is about historical accuracy(to build the closet possible FM that is is comparable IRL). NOT historical accuracy as in the planes that fought their real competitors IRL. If the game was like this than P-51Bs, Hellcats and Me-262s would be seal clubbing everything they fought IRL. Which would make a imbalance game!

2. For a over used, but great example would be the EPIC Dora-13 spam of 1.29. The typical American HB player would jump in a game and get absolutely seal clubbed by Dora-13s and Other high tier German aircraft. Then of course come on the forums and talk about how OP it was. WHAT they didn't understand was why the their planes all had place holder FMs would made them pretty much unusable, their .50 cals were garbage, MM was putting them in the wrong Tier, they didn't know the basics of air combat or what their aircraft were intended to do, especially the over exaggeration of what their aircraft could and could not do. 

3. The way Gaijin is making the game. For some reason Gaijin has decided built the game up favouring random nations in different tiers. This is okay in AB, but in HB it becomes unbalanced and unplayable for some aircraft. For example the Me-262 is unplayable for the Germans since it is being put up against Korean war ERA jets. Gaijin has been making Aircraft Data Sheets,which helps, but doesn't help people understand why the Spit 9 is climbing so damn good. In my opinion what they should do is tell us what was changed about the FM and link where the "Historical" data on that specific plane. 

I'm going to keep editing this comment.

Honestly man,

What is you're problem?

This is about your 7th attempt to derail the thread.

And just get over 1.29, it's getting close to a year ago.

I don't want to argue, as I've stated before, but I'd be more than happy to write a book on par with War and peace just to do so.

I find your tone and attitude on this forum pretty derogatory.

So If you wan't to argue mate, I'm up for it, bring your game.

I don't feel as though people like you which gain enjoyment from derailing threads and trolling people should remain in here.

Honestly man,

What is you're problem?

This is about your 7th attempt to derail the thread.

And just get over 1.29, it's getting close to a year ago.

I don't want to argue, as I've stated before, but I'd be more than happy to write a book on par with War and peace just to do so.

I find your tone and attitude on this forum pretty derogatory.

So If you wan't to argue mate, I'm up for it, bring your game.

I don't feel as though people like you which gain enjoyment from derailing threads and trolling people should remain in here.

Not derailing anything just not done my comment. 

So please.

Tell them to take down your useless thread. 

• Upvote 2
medal

Not derailing anything just not done my comment. 

So please.

Tell them to take down your useless thread. 

I'm done with you buddy

Some moderator please unpin this thread. It really serves no purpose.

Well I'm planning to write a part three,

just going over a few other myths and a guide of new players.

But I'll have to consult DSRT about it, because I don't want to hurt his feelings.

But If the mods feel like taking it down, I'll have no objections.

As Marine Corps General Mattis says..

"Be polite... Be Professional.... Have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

2232fd3ae8a2fa132d61c26a7cb91e74.png

This

Everyone, except the ones that don't. But it is just a pretty condescending and biased post that has no reason to be pinned.

pretty condesending to complain about a pinned thread that you have free will to not click on.... If it rustles your jimmies so much you could just alt F4

• Upvote 1
medal medal

The first half is good, but you really do not need the second half, since it sort of contradicts the whole post.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

pretty condesending to complain about a pinned thread that you have free will to not click on.... If it rustles your jimmies so much you could just alt F4

Keep in mind most of these people are more preoccupied with trying to bully other forum members than actually engaging in any form of intelligent discourse.

I had 4-5 guys actively trying to close down a thread I made to help people new to HB. 

Just don't address them directly, report them every chance you have and add them to the ignore list.

I "only" have about 10 people on my ignore list but its usually the same guys ruining these forums so for me its actually a somewhat nice place to post now.

Keep in mind most of these people are more preoccupied with trying to bully other forum members than actually engaging in any form of intelligent discourse.

I had 4-5 guys actively trying to close down a thread I made to help people new to HB. 

Just don't address them directly, report them every chance you have and add them to the ignore list.

I "only" have about 10 people on my ignore list but its usually the same guys ruining these forums so for me its actually a somewhat nice place to post now.

I just disagree with a large part of the OP. Why are you accusing me of all sorts of nonsense, is that intelligent discourse in your book?

• Upvote 1

Why are your jimmies so infinitly rustled by a good post?

Well the OP did start out as one of the trolls mentioned by his post, but at least he posted a constructive topic. Just some people don't like to be preached at by someone who originally did those things, if you get my meaning.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal