Jump to content

The copy and paste/prototypes arguments are invalid


The arguments I don't want X in Y in game because it's copy and paste or only have built a one off built is dead because now we have 2 tech trees and 1 sub tree with so much copy and paste it's not even funny. 

 

Plus does it matter anymore now as we got a mixed match maker, also we have a nation in game that never used their vehicles in a war as we got Sweden and one Swiss vehicles.

On the topic of Sweden most of there low tiers are mostly prototypes/one offs.

 

I just don't understand why people are still in the mind set off I don't want X nation because it's has a bit of copy and paste. 

 

Edited by Deathmisser
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Deathmisser changed the title to The copy and paste/prototypes arguments are invalid

There also isn't a set definition of copy-paste vehicles. 

Is the 5.0 Sherman Firefly a copy-paste British Firefly? It gets a different shell, and is .3 BR higher. 

If it IS, then what about say... M41A1 vs. leKPz 41... Same basic hull, just new shell and smoke grenades.

Or what about the M36B1 in Italy's TT vs. The M36B2s? Heck, what about the regular M36s?

Or the M64? It's just an M18 with a different hull. (Or an M41 with a different turret)(Yes it's hull the actually the M42s but shhh)

 

However if the Italian Firefly isn't... Then is the Chinese M18? It loses the APCR shell, so how is that different from the Italian Firefly? What about the French M36B2 Vs. Japanese one? Does one MG make THAT much difference? What about the T-34-85 Gai? is it C&P or not?

 

Planes make it so much worse. Does the extra visibility of the F-6C make it a non C&P P-51C? Is the A-36 a copy pasted Mustang? Etc. (Is the Mosquito just a twin engine spitfire? Who knows!)

 

 

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RuckusAndFun said:

There also isn't a set definition of copy-paste vehicles. 

Is the 5.0 Sherman Firefly a copy-paste British Firefly? It gets a different shell, and is .3 BR higher. 

If it IS, then what about say... M41A1 vs. leKPz 41... Same basic hull, just new shell and smoke grenades.

Or what about the M36B1 in Italy's TT vs. The M36B2s? Heck, what about the regular M36s?

Or the M64? It's just an M18 with a different hull. (Or an M41 with a different turret)(Yes it's hull the actually the M42s but shhh)

 

However if the Italian Firefly isn't... Then is the Chinese M18? It loses the APCR shell, so how is that different from the Italian Firefly? What about the French M36B2 Vs. Japanese one? Does one MG make THAT much difference? What about the T-34-85 Gai? is it C&P or not?

 

Planes make it so much worse. Does the extra visibility of the F-6C make it a non C&P P-51C? Is the A-36 a copy pasted Mustang? Etc. (Is the Mosquito just a twin engine spitfire? Who knows!)

 

 

Mods like the Q-5 and the T-34-85 Gai I don't see as C&P but planes like the US P-47 being in Britain, France, China, Russia & Italy that what I call C&P. :yes_yes_yes:

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Deathmisser said:

Mods like the Q-5 and the T-34-85 Gai I don't see as C&P but planes like the US P-47 being in Britain, France, China, Russia & Italy that what I call C&P. :yes_yes_yes:

 

Okay, but why the Russian/Italian P-47s? The USSR one gets different (Better) bombs, loses the rockets, and (Could) get access to drop tanks. While the Italian one gets airbrakes, and looses the M6 rockets. (I haven't flown the Italian one yet, so once I spade it there might be more differences.) Meanwhile, the French P-47 climbs slower than the British one (1969 ft/min vs 2264 ft/min), and the British one gets M6s but not the French one.

medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RuckusAndFun said:

Okay, but why the Russian/Italian P-47s? The USSR one gets different (Better) bombs, loses the rockets, and (Could) get access to drop tanks. While the Italian one gets airbrakes, and looses the M6 rockets. (I haven't flown the Italian one yet, so once I spade it there might be more differences.) Meanwhile, the French P-47 climbs slower than the British one (1969 ft/min vs 2264 ft/min), and the British one gets M6s but not the French one.

Idk I just used it as an example as it's in so many trees. :yes_yes_yes:

 

But you understand where I'm coming from though. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Deathmisser said:

But you understand where I'm coming from though. 

That's the thing, I understand that now there are a lot of Similar vehicles in TTs, and if like a benelux TT or whatever was added, I really wouldn't have an opinion on it (Beyond yay, more stuff)

However, the whole aspect of C&P that's being used as A. a descriptor, and B. a derogatory term for vehicles is not something I understand. 

 

More stuff = good. (For the most part, kind of)

  • Upvote 1
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RuckusAndFun said:

That's the thing, I understand that now there are a lot of Similar vehicles in TTs, and if like a benelux TT or whatever was added, I really wouldn't have an opinion on it (Beyond yay, more stuff)

Funny how you said them because that was one of the main reasons why I've done this thread.

For me if a nation can hold it self up then it sound be added imho.

 

As for the Benelux which will most likely be called the Netherlands like how Sweden is still called Sweden even though Finland is now part of there tech tree.

Rank 1,2 and maybe 3 will be almost 100% unique that alone should be a reason for it to come into the game even though it's top tier will be mainly other countries things.

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Deathmisser said:

@RuckusAndFun Is there any differences to the Fokker F-16 to the US made F-16's ?

In my eyes yes, for several reasons that are aside from actual performance. 

The lineups you will be able to make with the Belgian F-16s will be different to those of the US, China or Israel, 

The team composition and roles to fill will (Probably) be different. (Ex.  The Japanese 109E-7 not having to fight... Japan... So it is just... Better.) (Or the French Jumbo for a while being the best Jumbo because of the France + USSR pairing)

 

However from a very basic, could the airframes be swapped with no real effect on either tree, maybe??? I'm not to sure, and my quick google search brings me nothing concrete. 

 

43 minutes ago, richthofen122 said:

As long as it is modified in some way, setting it apart, I am okay.

So, if the net has additional properties (Like reducing thermal signature) is it still just a net in your eyes?

  • Like 2
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd much much rather have some copy paste vehicles in order to have good lineups than have a pure copy-pasteless tree with painfully small lineups at every BR.

provided of course there are enough original/modified vehicles to back it up, but that's a case-by-case situation (i'd say less than 50% c&p is fine)

  • Like 2
medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...