Japanese DD's suck

Japanese DD's are just bad all around, only good thing is the long lances some of them get, you can't push objectives cause you'll die, only thing you can do is hide and pop out and shoot at things occasionally, they really need to balance the DD's issue, I'm all for historically accuracy, but at some point game play has to win out of that, every single Japanese DD's should be lowered a notch in BR to start with if they don't won't to nerf the American DD's.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 03/03/2023 at 14:57, ScottishViking84 said:

Japanese DD's are just bad all around, only good thing is the long lances some of them get, you can't push objectives cause you'll die, only thing you can do is hide and pop out and shoot at things occasionally, they really need to balance the DD's issue, I'm all for historically accuracy, but at some point game play has to win out of that, every single Japanese DD's should be lowered a notch in BR to start with if they don't won't to nerf the American DD's.

I'm an RB player, and I disagree. Long lances and Type 90s are still pretty great in RB especially when brought out at cruiser and capital ship BRs. Japanese destroyers just aren't designed to have close range gun duels with other destroyers. They're designed to be used as glorified torpedo boats against cruisers and capital ships, and are honestly great at it. 

I'm all for some BR reductions for them for people who are grinding up the Japanese bluewater tree, but that won't really affect their effectiveness in their intended role and use. Italian destroyers are just bad all around, that I'd agree with. But Japanese destroyers? Nope.

Edited by kkang2828
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Japanese destroyers are extremely situational and depending only on pure luck of hitting something with Long lances in RB. Otherwise they indeed suck and are not worth playing as they are piece of junk. Just like japanese cruisers, they are all garbage relying on Long lances aswell like the destroyers. The only japanese ship worth playing is Kongo and maybe Fuso.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I can confirm that Japanese DDs  are far, far, far inferior to USN DDs. Their only niche are torpedo spams, which unfortnately are kind of insignificant. I only use them I do some tasks which require torpedo kills.

They suffer too much damage when hit, shells are too weak, usually not enough AA.

Edited by Thodin
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 02/03/2023 at 22:57, ScottishViking84 said:

If you're getting into close range gunfights with US destroyers you're doing it wrong.  US destroyers will eat you alive.  Their main role was to torpedo large ships at night, per their doctrine, and they were really good at it, until radar came into play.  I'd be very scared of IJN destroyers if they ever introduce night maps into naval...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, BlaireauBlinde said:

If you're getting into close range gunfights with US destroyers you're doing it wrong.  US destroyers will eat you alive.  Their main role was to torpedo large ships at night, per their doctrine, and they were really good at it, until radar came into play.  I'd be very scared of IJN destroyers if they ever introduce night maps into naval...

So what you're saying is IJN DD's can not play the objective then, therefore they are mostly useless in naval battles because if you don't play the objective you lose. hence IJN DD's SUCK!

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, ScottishViking84 said:

つまり、あなたが言っているのは、IJN DD は目標を達成できないということです。したがって、目標を達成しなければ負けるので、海戦ではほとんど役に立ちません。 したがって、IJN DDのサック!

IJN DD is not a problem because it is not their job to capture flags. That is the job of the USN DD. :p:
Frankly, the battle ratings for Japanese destroyers and light cruisers need to be adjusted. Especially in RB, the Battle Ratings are obviously set higher, even though the Long Lance cannot reload infinitely.

medal medal

18 minutes ago, BLUE_EYES said:

IJN DD is not a problem because it is not their job to capture flags. That is the job of the USN DD. :p:
Frankly, the battle ratings for Japanese destroyers and light cruisers need to be adjusted. Especially in RB, the Battle Ratings are obviously set higher, even though the Long Lance cannot reload infinitely.

Yeah the light cruisers as well. I remember when I had my Agano unlocked, a modern looking CL. But you had no chance vs. those fast firing USN DDs. Especially since these took almost no damage if hit.

Edited by Thodin
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think the lack of damage to U.S DDs is exaggerated in WT. IRL Japanese HE was still deadly against these ships there was no need to develop SAP or AP round for 127mm Japanese DD guns. 

On paper Japanese 127mm is not the worst they seem better at longer ranges due to better ballistics. But due to the in my opinion over performing anti fragmentation armor on U.S DDs you deal next to zero damage.  Against other DDs like British, Italy etc you have a much easier time.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 07/03/2023 at 13:34, ScottishViking84 said:

So what you're saying is IJN DD's can not play the objective then, therefore they are mostly useless in naval battles because if you don't play the objective you lose. hence IJN DD's SUCK!

Yeah keep ranting

medal medal medal

6 hours ago, ScottishViking84 said:

Just facts, call it ranting if you want, Doesn't change the fact the IJN DD's have been powered crept in to the sea floor.

Doesn't change the fact that it's all personal opinions here, and nothing is a "fact".

Edited by kkang2828
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

On 04/03/2023 at 10:47, TheMightySardine said:

Japanese destroyers are extremely situational and depending only on pure luck of hitting something with Long lances in RB. Otherwise they indeed suck and are not worth playing as they are piece of junk. Just like japanese cruisers, they are all garbage relying on Long lances aswell like the destroyers. The only japanese ship worth playing is Kongo and maybe Fuso.

You have no idea of playing naval, to say that the Kongo is the only good ship in Japan is to have no idea what you're talking about, when you have more than 10,000 kill we'll talk...

• Confused 3
medal

17 minutes ago, Cap_Dutchman said:

You have no idea of playing naval, to say that the Kongo is the only good ship in Japan is to have no idea what you're talking about, when you have more than 10,000 kill we'll talk...

I have no idea of playing naval. Sure,i have Alaska, Scharnhorst, PK, Hood, and many more yet i have no idea of playing naval. You are just making clown out of yourself. The thing is, japanese DD indeed suck cause they are extremely situantional and depending on Long lances. The japanese cruisers are mediocre at best. The best there are the 203mm ones and Mogami class and even these are extremely easy to ammo rack and does not posses much armor. Things like Agano, Tone, Isuzu,etc. are all just overall bad.

Edited by TheMightySardine
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

12 hours ago, TheMightySardine said:

I have no idea of playing naval. Sure,i have Alaska, Scharnhorst, PK, Hood, and many more yet i have no idea of playing naval. You are just making clown out of yourself. The thing is, japanese DD indeed suck cause they are extremely situantional and depending on Long lances. The japanese cruisers are mediocre at best. The best there are the 203mm ones and Mogami class and even these are extremely easy to ammo rack and does not posses much armor. Things like Agano, Tone, Isuzu,etc. are all just overall bad.

having alaska or scharnhorst does not make you a naval player, I have seen players with fewer ships and more battle and kill than many of those who speak here. But now to say that the DDs are rubbish is to have no idea about the game, I'm not saying that they are the best in the game either, but they are not rubbish. This also applies to the cruisers, which in good hands can run games alone, and in that I include all the cruisers, in terms of armor it is something substantial, with HE spam the armor does not matter, and that is shown by how little what the BB and BC can hold.

If you want to talk about which one is good and which is bad, play more and learn to use them, because all branches work differently..

oh and just so you know, i have over 14,000 kills and pretty much every branch complete except england.

medal

6 minutes ago, Cap_Dutchman said:

having alaska or scharnhorst does not make you a naval player, I have seen players with fewer ships and more battle and kill than many of those who speak here. But now to say that the DDs are rubbish is to have no idea about the game, I'm not saying that they are the best in the game either, but they are not rubbish. This also applies to the cruisers, which in good hands can run games alone, and in that I include all the cruisers, in terms of armor it is something substantial, with HE spam the armor does not matter, and that is shown by how little what the BB and BC can hold.

If you want to talk about which one is good and which is bad, play more and learn to use them, because all branches work differently..

oh and just so you know, i have over 14,000 kills and pretty much every branch complete except england.

*cough* image.png.1e768e75b2a4a4de29910c8361a163 idk my guy, you are just average player. If you had over 10k kills, you wouldn´t have 0.5 K/D in those 8.3k battles you have. Meanwhile me a chad naval enjoyer. image.png.0987fd899e1737cacdeeab36d53d34

Edited by TheMightySardine
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

the WR does not indicate anything, since that depends on the MM, surely the RNG gives you many kills, if I played alone with the moffett I would have a much higher KD, since per game I do between 6 and 8 average kills. so the WR is useless. I have used all the ships and I have learned to take advantage of their strengths, so coming here to show poor stats only speaks of how ignorant you are

Screenshot_2023-03-15-11-33-44-815_com.gaijinent.WarThunderCompanion.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-15-11-33-32-186_com.gaijinent.WarThunderCompanion.jpg

Edited by Cap_Dutchman
medal

46 minutes ago, Cap_Dutchman said:

the WR does not indicate anything, since that depends on the MM, surely the RNG gives you many kills, if I played alone with the moffett I would have a much higher KD, since per game I do between 6 and 8 average kills. so the WR is useless. I have used all the ships and I have learned to take advantage of their strengths, so coming here to show poor stats only speaks of how ignorant you are

What has WR to do with your K/D lol. 

2 hours ago, TheMightySardine said:

What has WR to do with your K/D lol. 

nothing, but you are showing me the WR of a page that does not work. so we are clear that little you know

medal

2 hours ago, Cap_Dutchman said:

nothing, but you are showing me the WR of a page that does not work. so we are clear that little you know

You are the one that chose to insert the over 14K kill claim while claiming others know little while inflating your numbers with bot kills and telling people to get 10K kills before talking like you know anything.

So by your words you may want to get there first

848313284_navalkills.png.7000236f48b2851

5 hours ago, Cap_Dutchman said:

You've played 110 matches in the Moffett with 317 kills, 344 if you include planes.

You are a wee bit off there.

Your overall naval RB KDR against actual players is hovering around 1.4

But do continue telling us all with complete authority how no one else knows how to play naval or that researching to the end of trees doesn't make people naval players.

Especially for someone who claims that wins rely on MM and not player skill.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

20 hours ago, TheMightySardine said:

*cough*  image.png.1e768e75b2a4a4de29910c8361a163  idk my guy, you are just average player. If you had over 10k kills, you wouldn´t have 0.5 K/D in those 8.3k battles you have. Meanwhile me a chad naval enjoyer.  image.png.0987fd899e1737cacdeeab36d53d34

LMFAO Thunderskill doesn't even count naval stuff. Why are you using that?

• Like 1
medal medal medal